2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Engine Block Cracks in cold we

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb on

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going. After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic. Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

The gas mileage. Best we ever got was 48mpg.

Honda corporate office, and Bill Gatton Honda needs to be less greedy. They need to help their costumers more. Also, they need to make better quality cars.
By bdshell
on 11/03/14 19:35 PM (PST)

Can I ask how this issue turned out? The same exact thing is happening to me right now. 2007 Honda Civic, 77k miles. 1 owner with all routine maintenance. We can't get anywhere with Honda and were quoted $6k-$8k for an engine + labor (depending if we go new or used). I can't even believe it! Honda is supposed to be reliable, I thought! Would really appreciate any advice if you were able to get help from Honda.