Impressed
By DMW on
2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Leased for my commute to work, but found that this car is a good weekend car as well for every day tasks. Happy about the comfort, looks, reliability, and handling. Disappointed with the performance, the clutch, and lack of a 6th gear for cruising. My gas mileage has suffered because when driving above 65 mph on my commute, the small 1.8L, 4 cyl engine is working extra hard with the rpms at 3800-4000; which is why a 6th gear is needed. The clutch needs improvement and I know I can't expect much from 140 HP, and 128 ft-lbs of TQ, a few more ponies should be added. Interior dash is eye catching, and the mp3 capability is welcomed. A/C vents need to be moved. Get rid of hubcaps please!
Favorite Features
Central control and dash. Style. Comfort. Reliability. MP3 capability with CD and MP3 jack. Room. Above average MPG. Cup holders. Trunk size. Maintenance minder. Digital MPH display. Custom welcome display on radio. Driver height adjustment. Handles very well. Above average in snow.
Suggested Improvements
Better clutch. Needs a 6th gear for cruising. Needs disc brakes in rear instead of drums. Move A/C vents. More HP / TQ. Get rid of the hubcaps. Folding mirrors. Power/Memory seats should be an option, along with auto-dimming mirror. Blind spots occasionally over left shoulder (coupe).