2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Practical, but fun to drive

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Practical, but fun to drive
By KEVIN on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just picked up my hybrid last week so it is too soon to know quality/reliability. Hoping Honda's reputation for building reliable cars holds true. Car is fun to drive and so far I have been getting about 35 MPG in town (I almost never do highway driving). Car takes a little getting used to as the hybrid system can be a little jerky at slow, coasting speeds as the regenerative braking system charges the battery. Other than that the hybrid system is seamlessly integrated and the result is a nice ride with ample (not great, obviously) acceleration. The seats are a little uncomfortable and really lack lateral support.

Two-tier dash with cool-blue back lighting is sharp. Roomy cabin. Side curtain air bags for front and rear passengers. Nice handling. Great fuel economy.

Driver seat is not comfortable. Not looking forward to my first long road trip. My last car was an Infiniti FX35 and those seats were great. Can't see front of car (or any part of hood) from driver's seat. Just a matter of time until I hit one of those parking blocks.