2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Not bad, could be better

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Review

Not bad, could be better
By John on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had only a few problems with it. The electric motor at low speeds jerks the car until you stop accel or accel faster. I did not expect a sports car since this is a hybrid but driving it in the NYC (only got 25MPG in city) and highways (35-40MPG) a car like this is unable to get out of it's own way. This has caused me to get hit once since I could not get away from someone coming up behind me even when flooring it. I avg about 39-44MPG on my 30 mile one way to work and back. Car does not handle well even with new tires. AC does not seem to cool as much as I like, gets warm on auto stop. Road noise is horrible at 40+. Sound system is blah. Expected more overall for $26,000.

Interior, dash display, Blue color is very nice, headlights are good, good MPG, safe, very easy and predictable to drive.

Put a more powerful electric motor in, better sound, better handle ablility, better key transmitter, knock off some road noise, auto start, engine stays on when car is in park...Study the Prius hard Honda, you got a good car here but really need to step it up in every way.