2007 Honda Civic 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Life with my Civic Honda

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Life with my Civic Honda
By knoll on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I takes a while to get used to this gem of a vehicle. The electric motor acts like a turbo to assist the gas motor. I've had a few rattles and a window motor recall, but I've been thrilled with the 36,000 miles I've put on it thus far. Handling is superb. I can spin the tires, but I wish I could get a larger electric motor as an option to help with the 1800 ft. peak I drive over twice daily on my 45 mile commute. Mileage is controversial with this car; people report all kinds. For me, if I don't watch what I'm doing, I get a combined 42 mpg (over the last 2000 miles). If I pay attention, and keep the revs below 2500, I can easily get low 50's mpg. If I draft a semi, I can get over 70!

Favorite Features

Sitting quietly in traffic with the gas motor turned off. You can hear the money coming out of other driver's tailpipes.

Suggested Improvements

More driver's leg room is needed, and they really need to move the huge passenger dashboard forward to allow more movement in that seat. A larger electric motor will greatly improve acceleration without harming mpg, but I'd expect Honda to use one over time.