2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: It's all show, no go

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

It's all show, no go
By djwilson on

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car lacks power. You have to really "drive it like you hate it" to keep up with traffic. Most of its power is reserved at 6000 to 8000 rpm. Who wants to thrash their car trying to keep up with a mini-van or a truck. This car is an economy car without getting good mileage or a cheap price. The six-speed tranny shifts good, but in this car with its lack of torque, you are shifting every few seconds. It is loud inside the car too. I find myself saying “what” a lot while on the freeway. I have had the car less than a month and the seats are a magnet for lint and dirt. The paint seems to scratch very easily. The car rides like it has not shocks.

Stereo is awesome. The car is fun when you wind it out and fly through some turns. Dash layout is good. Exterior styling.

A 2.5 litre engine or bigger would help with the power deficiency. New suspension is needed for the everyday driver. My experience at the dealer was the worst I have every experienced. Honda salesman are not there to sell you a car. The are there to get rich. Be very careful.