I love my Hybrid
By Billy Pilgrim on
2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I chose the Civic Hybrid for its smooth, quiet operation, driveability, advanced standard safety features, exceptional ergonomics, amazing instrument panel...and those 50 miles per gallon. I liked it when I got it, and I love it a few months later. It moves and handles well, protects my family like a vigilant Doberman, and lives up to its advertised MPG. My highest observed sustained mileage was 58.3 on a highway trip; I average around 47 mpg in largely-urban commuting and around town. Steering is quick and precise, braking is sure and solid. Other favorites: Standard 4-channel ABS with brake distribution and brake assist, Honda's exceptional airbag system and the tilt/telescope wheel.
Favorite Features
Smooth, quiet, economical operation; excellent finish, great functionality; NAVI system easy to use and endlessly helpful. Great handling dynamics. Much simpler and more elegant to operate than Prius, its major rival. Exceptional safety and driveability in a state-of-the art 50 mpg sedan!
Suggested Improvements
Keep tweaking performance and economy-- Honda's working on 60-80 mpg hybrid diesels--50 is good, 80 is better! It'd be nice Honda they could work out a fold-down rear seat and full trunk in conjunction with the battery pack.