2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I'll never drive a regular car

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Civic

I'll never drive a regular car again
By hybridconvert on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Once you've driven a hybrid, there really is no reason to drive a regular car again. The gas mileage is better, it's cleaner, and saves you money. Why anyone would turn down a hybrid is a mystery to me. I average 47 mpg combined city/hwy. Hybrids, like any car, force you to try to get the mileage by driving sensibly. Just by keeping freeway speeds under 70 rather than my usual 75-85 added 6 or 7 mpg to my average. You have to want it and be conscious of it to achieve the high mpg range.

Ergonomics are great. I love the 2-tier dash and driving position. The cupholders are nice and deep and storage options abound. The magnetic gray metallic paint also looks awesome in the sun. I'm 6'4" and I have plenty of leg/hip/head room even for long drives. Much more room than the Prius.

I would trade some weight for a larger battery that would propel the car without the engine at low speeds. Also, the stereo is pretty unimpressive despite its ease of use and aux jack. It needs a serious dose of oomph. The Prius and Camry hybrid offer great JBL sound systems. Honda should also.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review