2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great Little Car

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Little Car
By dave on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was driving an '00 Ford Escort and when I read the "noisy ride" Consumer Reports comments, I worried about the noise level. Alas, the Civic Hybrid is comparatively silent! I am getting 50+ MPG in town (flat Florida) with AC off, 47 with AC on. On the drive home from Ohio, I got 48. The transmission is so smooth I never notice the "shift". Wife (leadfoot) loves the speedometer placed right in the line of vision with big, well lit numerals. Braking is satisfactory (Accord is better). Acceleration surprisingly adequate but if you lead foot it, you pay in the MPG dept. The seats are OK. It's really fun to see how your driving habits affect your fuel economy (MPG display).

Fuel economy!! Fit and finish; gas cap access inside; MPG continuous display. Fingertip cruise and radio on steering wheel. Floor mats included! Cool motor shutdown at stop. Trip odometer and trip MPG computer (after 2000 mi I still compute per tank mileage 3-4 MPG above the computer).

Leather seat option. Cushier seats (see Accord leather). Head restraints seem too far forward. Lumbar support adjustment for seats.