2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Fun Fun Fun ... and Practical!

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Review

Fun Fun Fun ... and Practical!
By James L. on

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Being a father of two kids, I was growing tired of driving the family SUV with automaitic tranny. I went back to my youth by purchasing the Si Sedan and boy am I having a great time! After the initial break-in period, I floored the gas in 2nd gear until the RPMs ran over 6K. The car then turns into a monster with unbelievable acceleration with a Ferrari-like exhaust note thanks to the i-vtec K20 engine! I get about 250-275 miles per tank and spend about $40 ($3.80 per gal of 91 octane) at the station. Not bad compared to spending over $75 with my SUV which gets about 300-325 miles on a full tank of 91 octane. You MUST get this car with Navi and XM.

Aside from the sweet engine and great fuel economy, I love the roominess of both the front and rear seats in the sedan model. It is roomier than my wife's old 04 BMW 325i! Since it is a sedan, I had no problems installing two car seats in the back for my kids. I also love the Navi and XM radio.

The build quality is great, but not perfect. Make sure you do a through inspection before driving the car off the lot. My trunk had missing upholstery clips. Also, Honda should supply with a shifter cover because on a hot day, the aluminum shifter will burn your hand (especially here in So Cal)