DisappointedJim
By jamminjim on
2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Before you purchase an 07 Civic, I highly recommend looking up the TSB's on this model. I know, I know. The car is dazzling, but do your research! Defective rear control arms will cause the car to destroy tires. A defective motor mount will give out on you causing severe engine vibration. Visors have to be replaced every summer due to falling apart. Engine block develops a crack after 50k miles. Brake fluid leaks into hub bearings causing it to fail. The plastic interior scratches and breaks easily. Steering wheel's foam/rubber falls apart. Car dent's very easily as well. Some serious problems with this model. I call shenanigans; this car is a lemon (a very pretty lemon).
Favorite Features
Wonderful handling, neato looking interior. The car itself looks pretty great. I also just love how it hesitates to downshift when you're about to get rear ended, how it will squat and reluctantly climb hills when there are 4 people in the car, and the pleasant dubbstep-esque beat (a-wub, wub, wub, wub) coming from the unevenly worn tires as it whizzes down the freeway at 55mph. People ask "what's that noise? and I affectionately reply "My car says it 'wubs' me." I am also a big fan of how after the warranty expires you can just pile money in the driveway and it'll gobble it up right in front of your eyes. I've been trying to figure out what to do with all of this money anyway.
Suggested Improvements
Honda should stop trying to resolve the issues with TSB's and actually issue recalls and take on the financial strain themselves. I really don't think it's fair at all that I'm on the hook for factory defective control arms that the company, on paper, publicly admits they manufactured incorrectly and must be replaced. Of course they could just do things right in the first place like they did with earlier models.
By kaleto
on 08/27/14 17:21 PM (PDT)

I wish I had taken your advice before I bought mine. Had I seen all the TSBs, I would have never bought it. Now I know never to buy Honda again.