2007 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Civic Hybrid Delivers

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

Hybrid Sedan (1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Civic Hybrid Delivers
By selinz on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased it to get CA carpool sticker before they disappear. I have been very pleased so far. With 4 tanks of gas, I seem to get around 45MPG overall. The dash calculated values are a bit lower than when I do the miles divided by gallons purchased calculation. If you keep under 70 mph, you seem to get closer to 50 mpg. If you go closer to 85 mpg, it goes down into the low 40's. Stop and start commute traffic gets you in the highto mid 40's. Nothing I do results in the mileage leaving the low 40's. The radio sounds great with my Ipod. I'm not thrilled by the tranny but it seems to get the job done in terms of mpg. Acceleration seems fine as long as you don't stomp on it. Overall, I'm pleased!!!

Happy with Dash, radio, and interior. I have a Garmin Ique that sits perfectly along side of the speedometer (like it's made for it!) Configurable auto door locks are cool. Visibility is nice. I enjoy feeling "smarter" than the other commuters when my engine is off!

I get somewhat annoyed that the engine will not shutoff when it's cold. My first stop from my home is the Starbucks drivethrough. It won't "autostop" until the temperature reaching normal operating temp. I wish this was my choice, not Honda's...