Almost Perfect
By galaxy-gray-si on
2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
My old 1992 NX2000 was costing too much to repair so I needed a replacement. I wanted a vehicle that had a limited-slip differential and side-airbags for no more than $22,000 base price. The Mazdaspeed3 was just above my price range, and the Subaru WRX was too ugly and overpriced. Honda was selling to people like me when they decided to release a 4-door Civic Si to the market. The car has so much power you will need set of winter tires for safe winter driving. The ride can be a little stiff, but what did I expect from a sports sedan. Honda build quality, Honda reliability, Honda motor, Honda resale value, and price of admission made this the clear choice.
Favorite Features
The engine loves to go! I noticed the VTEC kicks in at about 3000 rpm when accelerating. All the safety features anyone could want including Vehicle Stability Assist (which can be turned off!). The car has great looks, is larger than earlier models and quite roomy on the inside.
Suggested Improvements
This is NOT a premium stereo. I am so disappointed I don't want to spend as much time in the car. It doesn't look as if a 3rd party stereo system could be easily added. Design-wise the A, B and, C-pillars are welded to the door, not a single formed unit?! I find that design odd.