Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Gutless Hybrid has Ups & Downs
By Hush

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased an 07 Civic Hybrid. Not only is it gutless, but fails to get the advertised mpg. I get about 32 around town. Now that's double from my last car and I actually don't mind filling it up. Ups & Downs.

Favorite Features

MPG

Suggested Improvements

It's gutless.

Honda deception
By Joann

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently had the new software update that we got as a result of a recall. Now we have lost power and fuel economy. We recently read a number of articles that claim that Honda knows they have a problem with their batteries so made this update so that the car relies on the gas portion and not the Hybrid part. Sometimes we can't get up our own driveway. We called Honda and they said too bad even though our car was under warranty. We are very disappointed in Honda because they are only thinking about their bottom line (they don't want to buy new batteries) and not customer satisfaction or safety.

Civic Hybrid
By curtis

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car for driving around town. Very underpowered on the highway and suffers from extreme road/wind noise at highway speed. The car is comfortable enough but long trips get very laborious because of the noise. The relatively low power on the highway requires drivers to plan passing and other maneuvers rather than simply jumping into another lane and passing a group of slower cars. If you are a "cruise-comtrol at 65mph" type, this may not be as much of a handicap as it is for drivers used to a car with much more power. I averaged about 44mpg at 75mph through hilly terrain. Bottom line: If you drive it like a hybrid and accept the tradeoffs, you will probably be happy.

Favorite Features

Except for being underpowered on the highway, it drives pretty nice. Nice interior design. Gauge lay out and dash is very straight forward and easy to use. Doesn't look like a hybrid except for the wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Needs sound isolation, bad! Needs a little more power for highway passing. A better stereo would be nice.

140,000 and still going strong
By nolander01

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use my 07 civic hybrid as a communter car to and from work. I average 35,000 miles per year and have had no problems. I do all the required maintanance ( most of it myself) and expect plenty of more miles to come. Intertior had held up strong with no issues whatsoever. All electronics work perfectly with no sign of impending failure. As for the IMA battery...I can tell it is going to go fairly soon. However, I do not plan on fixing it due to the nature of my driving. It will operate without an IMA battery, Just dont expect to get the accel youre used to. Overall, wish I would have purchased the non-hybrid version. But, I'll drive this one into the ground. Hoping that'll be a long time.

Favorite Features

Everything but the IMA. Keep in mind, it's still a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the batteries when they fail. It wont bankrupt your company, and it will regain the confidence in your customers.

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

Favorite Features

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.