Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Hybrid With Style!
By dochollywood

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 5000 miles on my Civic hybrid already and I am averaging 55MPG according to my calculations, and 53MPG according to the on board computer. I drive mainly highway miles with a little city. Car is grear, fun to drive, and handles great, and being able to drive 600 miles on one tank is awesome. Much better handling than the Prius, although I think it has a little better pick-up.

MPG, interior design, handling

Driver seat needs better lumbar support.

Recomended Buy
By New car great

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car,well put together,excelent road manners. The mileage thus far about 40-45 mpg. Changed my driving style. I think better than Prius, only regret not buying the GPS system. Highly recomended!

Mileage, responsive steering, solid build.

Lithium Ion Batts. coming, will upgrade, darker tinted windows.

Went Green to Save Green!
By Sommie

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our Honda CR-V for a Civic hybrid to help offset the price of gas and so far so good. We have probably saved at least 2 fill-ups per month and have been averaging about 45 mpg, which sure beats the CR-V perfomance by more than double.

The dashboard is easy to read and the backlit blue LED makes it very easy to read. Love the design much better then the competitor hybrid model. Looks more like a regular car.

Better looking tire rims. The hybrid rims alhtough nice and functional, does look a little strange. A more sporty lookiing rear spoiler would also look better. Honda should make more cars this fun to drive.

Practical and fun
By Eileen

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed a fuel efficient vehicle that would hold up over time. I drive approx. 125 miles per day, mostly on the highway. So far, this is a wise choice. It meets the family's needs and mine especially when I fuel once a week now instead of every other day!

Comfort, handling.

Decrease road noise. Option for heated seats without leather, do not put fabric on the center console, lights on visor. Add compass to the outside temp gauge on the console.

Great value for the money!
By thockman

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I invested in a Civic hybrid over an EX because the IRS tax credit, dealer discount, and annual gas savings make this almost the same price after the first year! The new Civic design is fantastic. Older generation Civics always drove rougher than Accords, but this generation handles very smooth and tight for a small car. I'm getting 44 mpg on the second tank and am learning how to drive the car for maximum mileage. I don't expect to get EPA mileage values of 49/51, but I will try. As for features the car has everything I need: navi with XM radio, steering wheel controls and voice activation, info display on dash for mpg, outside temp, trips, oil life, and total miles. Great overall car!

Mileage readings, navi with XM, steering wheel controls, feel of steering wheel. Outside temperature gauge.

Ride is a little rough with 15 inch low resistance tires. Doors lock automatically, but don't unlock for passengers when car stopped - irritating!