2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Outstanding car
By PT on 01/04/07 11:04 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had been driving a 1998 V-6 Accord. It took me a couple of weeks to learn how to drive the Civic hybrid. My mileage has been around 42-44 mpg and from the other reviews I’ve read, I’m sure my mileage will improve as my driving habits improve. I couldn’t be more pleased with its performance. It has plenty of acceleration and handles very well. It has a bigger interior feel that what you might expect for its size. By the way, I paid $23,100 with navigation

Another Good Honda Product
By bwjordan on 12/27/06 14:40 PM (PST)

I picked up the car on a Thursday, drove it halfway across the country 2 days later. This is my second Civic to own; my last one lasted 12 years and was doing great (just got to 160,000 miles and I wanted to update my car). Anyway, the 10 hour trip was actually fun. I would definitely invest in the NAV system again. My mileage is not quite what they promised, but whose is? I got 42 mpg on the highway, about the same in the city. I was getting in the upper 20s with my last Civic. Anyway, great car. The most comparable car would be the Prius, of course. I just didn't like the idea of depending on a camera to back up.

Love the 2007 Civic Hybrid
By hybridlady on 12/27/06 13:42 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my my civic hybrid after reading all the reviews. The gas mileage is lower than the sticker mpg, about 43 mpg, but still a lot better than my last car. It is definitely not for people who like speed. It'll get there, just in it's own time... I test drove a 2006 with the spongy breaks and crazy abs. Honda must have read the reviews too, because they've fixed the breaks for 2007. A great little car, excellent visibility (which seems to be a problem in most new cars!). I'm 5'2" and am comfortable, my husband is 6'2" and comfortable.

Civic Hybrid Delivers
By selinz on 12/25/06 00:44 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased it to get CA carpool sticker before they disappear. I have been very pleased so far. With 4 tanks of gas, I seem to get around 45MPG overall. The dash calculated values are a bit lower than when I do the miles divided by gallons purchased calculation. If you keep under 70 mph, you seem to get closer to 50 mpg. If you go closer to 85 mpg, it goes down into the low 40's. Stop and start commute traffic gets you in the highto mid 40's. Nothing I do results in the mileage leaving the low 40's. The radio sounds great with my Ipod. I'm not thrilled by the tranny but it seems to get the job done in terms of mpg. Acceleration seems fine as long as you don't stomp on it. Overall, I'm pleased!!!

Honda is the best at innovation.
By Raymond on 12/24/06 05:16 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car feels well built.This model is built in japan, better quality control and fit and finish i feel. driving is very different, than my 2001 civic i traded in. U do have to learn to drive with a gentle foot on the gas. its almost a glide and coast approach, looking ahead at lights and traffic to let off gas as much as possible.This seams to give best fuel economy. With engine shutoff at every stop, car does take 2seconds to respond and go. Seats are supportive but seam too narrow for me and center console takes up leg room for stretching. Gauges are nice and easy to read but if your short u will see them reflect on upper windshield glass. Too much road noise, quiet tires might help.

2007 Hybrid
By Mike on 12/11/06 19:30 PM (PST)

I wanted a Hybrid so I could receive the CA Carpool sticker. The Toyota seemed like a slightly updated Tercel. Cheap feel, though lots of gadgets. I would not have bought a Hybrid if the Toyota Prius was my only option. The Honda Hybrid actually felt like a "real" car.

This is a GREAT car
By Todd on 12/06/06 10:29 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I waited almost 4 months for my hybrid, and it was worth the wait. I've had it for 2 months with almost 3000 miles and no complaints. I really like the gauge layout, I'm not bothered by the emergency brake handle, and I've had several cars that I can't quite see the front of from inside. I was a little concerned about poor acceleration until I passed someone my first day with the car with no problem. I wasn't sure how it would do in the Minnesota cold...no problem. This car teaches you to drive efficiently. Mileage was around 50mpg when it was warmer, but dropped in the cold. I'm not sure if global warming is real, but in case it is, I'm trying to do my part to pollute as little as possible

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.