Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda Civic 2007 = Lemon
By renlann

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda NEW in January 2007. Over the last several months, my car has been in the shop several times, and I have missed four days of work due to the vehicle being incapacitated by mechanical failures. The list of failed parts is long: 1. Sun Visor split apart 2. Battery #1 3. Battery #2 4. Battery #3 5. Air compressor relay 6. High road force on tires 7. Air condenser (mysterious road pebble) 8. Tensioner bolt 9. Tensioner belt 10. Water pump 11. Water pump pulley 11. Rear suspension arm 12. Air condenser (another mysterious road pebble). That's 12 failures too many.

Blue exterior color.

Everything under the hood.

Best Car ever!!!!
By shiftgirl

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car one year ago and it currently has over 26,000 miles. Love the stick shift & wouldn't change it for anything. Drive 400 miles or more to a tank! Love the blue light display! Drove it from Houston to Dallas with a little over 1/2 tank. You can't beat that with any other sporty vehicle!!! And the looks I get. Wish I could afford the Si but this will do for now. Paint is too thin so I already have a few chipped dings thanks to flying rocks on the freeway but other than that, I wouldn't change anything

transmission, look, display, adjustable seats

Better paint and optional 6 disc CD changer

2007 honda civic EX a/c failure
By My 1st Honda

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought in Feb of 2007. I am now faced with a failed a/c. Since I've had the car, the a/c button when engaged emitted a clunking noise. when the car would idle, it sounded like a fan was rattling. I took it in for servicing. I was told that the drive belt needed to be adjusted (?), the car was still making the noise. Now about 8 months later, my a/c will not blow cold air nor will the compressor or clutch engage.I was told that something must have punctured my compressor and the freon has leaked out and neither Honda or my extended warranty will cover the damage because it is considered a road hazard and my fault. Honda will not fix my car. I will never by another.I am prepared to fight this

Honda needs to improve their engineering and their customer service

Fun to drive with a bounce
By smartwoman

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car needs new tires due to a factory defect, it has always bounced down the road, now, we know why. It now needs a rear upper control arm kit. The company will pro rate the tires, using some sort of formula, based on tire depth and mileage. We were told by our dealer that there is no pro-rated money allowed based on the formula. The car is dangerous. I feel let down by Honda.

Pretty Paint

Better warranty, Better engineering.

Great car, un-Honda-like problems
By SamN

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda is not unlike its predecessors in being a quality, reliable ride, equipped with only the most necessary bells a whistles to ensure repairs remain inexpensive. Overall, it's a quality car that is easy to drive with a above-Honda-average amount of pick-up. Comfort is an issue for the tall, as has always been the case. My only real complaint is that the interior materials seem cheap, easily showing scratches, wear, oil, and dirt. This is especially worrisome for any leaser. After a year of ownership, some parts of my EX look worse than my former 1991 Civic.

All around reliability and simplicity is high, peripherals are higher quality than in past Hondas.

Interior wear is the top issue in this car so far: Steering wheel wrap and interior plastics are not high enough quality.

• SUV