Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Happy with it...
By steve76

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Drive a round trip to work of 140 miles. We get 41 mpg with synthetic oil at 70 mph. Not 1 problem, car has 83,000 miles. Fun to drive, enjoy the great mileage and for the price is unbeatable. Tires will make it to 100,000 miles. Bought some comfy seat cushions. Downside is road noise but really not a problem. Makes you smile everyday with the mileage and we take 6-8 hour trips on vacation. We are in our 40's too.

Tight steering, great mileage, reliability above all, resale value, purchase price, fun to drive. Airbags all around.

Seat cushions and road noise.

Very Good Car
By Mike

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over all, this a very good car. 32,000 miles on it and no major problems. Love the sporty handling and steering. The gas mileage is good. Bad sun visor design. The glue that holds them together seems to melt in the sun. Had to replace tires @ 20k but that seems to be the norm for most makes now. Driver's seat needs better thigh support.

Atomic Blue paint. Alloy wheels. Exterior styling. Small steering wheel with radio controls. Solid, sporty feel. Good gas mileage.

Better speakers. Interior plastics scratch easily. How about offering a power driver's seat?

Technical/mechanical failiures
By Andres

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I was told Honda was a good brand and cars were durable and also the Honda civic 2007 has a very nice look. However, Just ONE WEEK after buying the car, the radio system started to mute itself very often, so I took it to the dealer and had to leave the car for two days there. THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS REPLACED. One year after, the car was hard to start in the morning and I took to the dealer at bayridge to change the oil and also to check this "little issue" and they had to replace the battery! Last week I took the car to the dealer again because it was shaking so bad when going up on a little hill and @ 1500 RPM. Guess what? The transmission had to be replaced!!!

Look.

Better mechanical quality. I think Honda is lack of quality now. They are not good cars anymore as I can tell from my experience. In three years I have been without my car for almost two weeks and even I have paid all the monthly statements as they came! Not fair at all. Also seats became loose.

Great Car
By Evar

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 70 miles a day for work. Average 35+ MPG. I have 65,000 miles on the car and have only had to do breaks once, tires once, and regular oil changes. Much larger interior than Civic's have had in the past. Dash is easy to see while driving. I took a road trip and actually got 47 MPG for 3 tanks in a row.

Dashboard gauges are easy to see while driving.

Another 2-4 inches leg room up front, I am 6 foot 1 inch tall.

2nd Honda, but NEVER again!
By Rich

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the Civic since 12/06. In the first 22 months & 14K miles I've experienced the following problems. Trans has been replaced, replacement tranny repaired, P/S leak, cv boot & joint replaced, new battery, both sun visors blew apart. 3 recalls, low fuel warning light comes on with only .6 gallons remaining, book says it should be 1.9 gallons. Front brakes will need replacing before 20K miles. THE most annoying problem is with the A/C, it cuts out for 10 to 15 seconds when accelerating from a stop. I've been to all 3 dealers in Las Vegas, & they all told me that Honda designed the A/C to work that way, a power saving feature! UNACCEPTABLE!!

Mileage.

Everything! Honda no longer produces a quality product. I had an '86 Accord LXI H/B for over 15 yrs. & 215K miles, that was a quality machine. The '07 is just another junker.