Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
2 Year Ownership
By mb0130

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I needed one - before kids. It's better if you don't have kids. All I can fit in the trunk is a stroller and a portable crib and not much else. The ride was ok at first, but it has gotten worse. Recently, the bars on the gas gauge go up and down. I have had to replace the sun visors because the heat split the plastic and wouldn't allow them to close. The radio a couple of times has gone out for a minute and then will come back on and once the car wouldn't turn over and nothing was wrong with it. The up and down shift is also not the greatest in the automatic. Sometimes I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to get up speed to get on the highway.

Favorite Features

I do love the look of the car on the outside and the inside. I love the digital speedometer and it's placement. The buttons on the dash are nice and it does have a lot of different little storage areas for things.

2007 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan Automatic
By Honda Driver

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is definitely one of the best sedans on the market. It only costs 17k nicely equipped and you get one of the best made cars in the world. If you want a safe/reliable/affordable car you can't go wrong with buying a Civic.

Favorite Features

Price/Quality/Safety/Reliability

Suggested Improvements

1) second outlet/charger

168,000 km (104,000 miles)
By vtwins

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car almost 5 years. Most recent mileage of 60/40 hwy city with a heavy foot netted the equivalent of 30 mpg or 7.72 L/100km. Not bad. Yes, there were two recalls during my warranty period and one warranty work. No big deal. I just brought it in during my oil changes at the beginning. Now I do all the fluid changes myself. Worries. One touch up stops about an inch from the top and comes back down. That was the warranty work. Just after the warranty it stopped again so I just hold the up button. Other concern is the transmission. At 25km accelerating slowly, there is a shutter. If I accelerate quickly, there is no shutter. Yes, I've been changing the transmission fluid. We'll see.

Favorite Features

Car rev's easily and smoothly. The hallmark of a Honda engine! More stable on the highway than the previous generation. Able to change the speedometer between to kilometers to miles when crossing the border. 2 power outlets. I bought the automatic without driving the manual on purpose, thinking we already have a manual in our household.

Suggested Improvements

Could be more quiet on the highway. Not really an improvement but after driving the sister-in-law's for a day, I wished I bought the manual.

Engine Block Cracks in cold weather
By airb

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We had negative temperatures this winter. After that my car was losing antifreeze, but couldn't find were it was going. After a few weeks we found out Honda has a "secret warranty" on the engine block cracking in cold weather in Honda Civics from 06-09 and maybe even 2010. That's what happened to my civic. Honda should pay for this if that's what's wrong. Honda make us jump through hoops to have them fix it. They still didn't fix it, and charged us $700 for just looking at it. Now, we are still fighting to get our money back. This is the biggest part of the engine. Antifreeze went in our oil and messed our engine up and had to buy another engine.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage. Best we ever got was 48mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Honda corporate office, and Bill Gatton Honda needs to be less greedy. They need to help their costumers more. Also, they need to make better quality cars.

I love my Honda
By Ness

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda! Its great for going on little adventures to far towns... The gas mileage is awesome...My 4 cly gets up and goes good and I LOVE MY NAVIGATION! I use it all the time! Its got me out of being lost many times LOL! Its a great car for people in the 18-30 range and not past 6 foot... The windshield is huge and its very aero dynamic which I seriously think it helps with better gas mileage but im not sure. I did have the defective sun visors and it stinks! Especially in sunny Arizona.

Favorite Features

Navigation, sound system and oh and don't let me forget one reason why i picked my car out... The SUNROOF! It also gives you a percentage of your oil level...

Suggested Improvements

Sun Visors, Put another pocket on the back of the drivers seat because there is only one on the passenger seat.