2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best mileage, fun car!
By nsteevo on 04/14/08 14:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this little car! It has as much room as my 96 Camry did. I can fit my 10 speed bike in the back with the seat down. It was a good buy pricewise too. I am planning to put 300,000 plus miles on it.

My 2007 Civic
By Lucidxile on 04/09/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

While the car is a little weaker in power than what I would like, the gas savings are enough to make it up. I drive mostly city and average about 30 MPG. The car has been a pleasure to own and given me no problems.

Functionality At Its Best!
By Sam on 04/01/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I received a job that required me to drive 80 miles a day. My wife and I decided to trade in my 2006 Audi A3 (fast car) to purchase a car with better gas mileage due to the increase in travel distance. Initially, I test drove the Civic EX in A/T and felt it was slightly unresponsive. I later test drove the car in manual and what a difference! You are able to squeeze every ounce of power out of this 1.8 Liter engine. I loved the sound of the engine when I revved to the upper RPM ranges. I have to say, for an economy car with great gas mileage, this is pretty peppy and I'm a horsepower nut. The handling is quite good as well. The car's design lends itself to a low center of gravity.

Tires and lugnuts
By TKLK65@aol.com on 03/25/08 16:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. 32 mpg combined, 36 mpg highway. Only problem is tires lose air pressure fast-within a week two tires below 15 psi. I have to inflate all four to 32 psi every week. Also, only 9k on car and all lug nuts are rusting and staining the aluminum rims. Will be going to dealer on tires and lug nuts when I can.

Best Small Car on the Market
By B.A.S. on 03/24/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 07 Civic as new in Jan. 08 with only 3900 miles. I have since racked up nearly 10,000 miles on the odometer in mostly highway driving. I have to say I am very pleased with the fuel efficiency of this car. I have averaged between 35 & 37 mpg on nearly every fill-up. This is a great car, much better than anything GM or Ford has to offer in the same segment. I considered a Prius until I stopped to look at who drives these things...OLD PEOPLE. The Civic has great exterior styling, nice interior quality, fit & finish and a reliability rating that is among the best in its class. Buy Certified Used and get an even better warranty. Paid $18,598 for an 07 EX/Navi with 3900 miles.

2007 Honda Civic EX
By Civicdriver on 03/19/08 19:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Really like our 2007 Civic. Pros: Styling, ergonomics, gas mileage, fit and finish, standard safety features. Cons: Somewhat squirrelly in the rain, road noise, over the nose visibility/low front end.

Good car
By Guy on 03/17/08 00:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been the family car for a while (including a back and forth trip NJ-FLA). So far the car is good, but not great. Maybe its the first year blues after the redesign, but already problems have arisen. The a/c went once already. The dealers story was that the condenser apparently got hit by a rock, and had to be replaced. There have also been windshield wiper problems which are difficult to explain but require fixing. Other nit picks include the exaggerated turning radius, the car easily bottoming out on speed bumps and such, crappy standard radio, and amplified road noise. Don't misunderstand me, this is a good car, I just wonder if there are better small sedans out there.

A great value
By jayster34 on 02/10/08 16:33 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic because I wanted reliability and good fuel economy. I have owned only small cars; this is the closest to a "big" car I have ever owned. It is far bigger than it looks, but drives like a smaller car. I am averaging 38 mph on the highway and 26 mph in hilly city driving. It also has the best heater/defroster that I have ever seen. My only complaints are a "lumpy" driver's seat and a parking brake that gets hit every time I enter the car. I love the digital dash; it is easy to read and looks "cool". I also wish that it had a trunk release button on the key fob and a sunglass holder. Other than that, it is a fantastic car.

Quick Steering
By PMG on 02/01/08 11:24 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic has very quick steering and at highway speeds you need to concentrate. It hanles very well is comfortable, peppy, and good gas mileage, 27 city. Compared it to a Mazda3, but the mileage, styling and dash sold me. I do not regret it at all. A bit too much road and wind noise. My other car is a BMW 5 series, and I prefer the Honda. This is my 4th Honda since my 1986 Accord. The new civic is exactly the same size.

My first Honda
By BillandLinda on 01/24/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Brakes are excellent. Paint chips easily. 34 mpg mixed driving, and 36 mpg highway. Tires have wonderful dry and wet traction, but they take bumps harshly. Needs a little more oomph when merging onto interstate. No noticable body lean. Almost 15000 miles on car. No problems with trunk, except gap a smidgen larger on one side. Thought the speedometer would have been a distraction while driving, but it is not. I see well over it, even though I'm 5'5.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.