Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Little Car
By dave

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was driving an '00 Ford Escort and when I read the "noisy ride" Consumer Reports comments, I worried about the noise level. Alas, the Civic Hybrid is comparatively silent! I am getting 50+ MPG in town (flat Florida) with AC off, 47 with AC on. On the drive home from Ohio, I got 48. The transmission is so smooth I never notice the "shift". Wife (leadfoot) loves the speedometer placed right in the line of vision with big, well lit numerals. Braking is satisfactory (Accord is better). Acceleration surprisingly adequate but if you lead foot it, you pay in the MPG dept. The seats are OK. It's really fun to see how your driving habits affect your fuel economy (MPG display).

Favorite Features

Fuel economy!! Fit and finish; gas cap access inside; MPG continuous display. Fingertip cruise and radio on steering wheel. Floor mats included! Cool motor shutdown at stop. Trip odometer and trip MPG computer (after 2000 mi I still compute per tank mileage 3-4 MPG above the computer).

Suggested Improvements

Leather seat option. Cushier seats (see Accord leather). Head restraints seem too far forward. Lumbar support adjustment for seats.

Great car
By JV

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has exceeded my expectations. I have a lengthy commute (100 miles a day) and needed a car with good gas mileage. Gas mileage has been holding at 48 mpg for mixture of interstate, highway and city miles. At 55 MPH on the relatively flat Florida roads I can get about 55ish MPG. The Civic Hybrid exceeded my expectations in two main areas. First, it accelerates a little better than I expected. Maybe it just feels like it to me, who knows. The next area I was impressed with still amazes me. There is an incredible amount of room in the front seat! I'm 6'2" 230 lbs used to a full size pickup truck but this car has tons of head room, shoulder room and my seat isn't all the way back! Wow.

Favorite Features

Roomy (see above). The navigation system is sweet and the XM radio is phenomenal. Of course the MPG is great as well. Oh yeah, and it looks a lot better than a Prius.

Suggested Improvements

Not much trunk space but I didn't buy a hybrid to haul stuff around.

Best Fun Per MPG
By dochollywood

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing. I have driven the car nearly 8000 miles, mostly highway, but about 20% city, and I am averaging about 53 MPG. Really, that is what the on board computer says and when I calculate it myself, I get more like 55 MPG. Either way, more than what the sticker claims. I drive conservative, but on straight-aways and downhill I go at least 70 MPH, and uphill around 55-60, so I do not drive exceedingly slow. The car is fun to drive and handles like a sports car...a definite great buy.

Favorite Features

Great interior, nice body style, great handling, MPG master

Suggested Improvements

Better lumbar support in seats.

Perfect for me
By preciousTS

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed a vehicle with great gas mileage, yet big enough to hold luggage, two keyboards, stands, an amp, a large box of equipment, a large dog crate and a bicycle. I can fit all of this and more into my little Civic Hybrid. While shopping I actually had salespeople attempt to load my music equipment into a Prius but it would not fit. This little Civic is a joy to drive, looks great, is quiet and comfy and has all of the safety features I have come to love and trust about Hondas. I get anywhere between 43 to 57 miles per gallon, and find this to be a zippy little machine. I previously drove a Chevy Malibu and loved it, but for the savings in gas the Civic wins the day. Sweet little car!

Favorite Features

Beautiful car - I got the icy blue color - and of course the gas mileage! I also love that I can cram it full of stuff. The seats are comfortable, the headrests and seat belts are adjustable, and little storage compartments are everywhere. The blue dashboard lights-very cool! A great value car.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see a digital compass, a "miles to empty" gauge, and a light sensor to automatically turn on and off the headlights, simply because I'm used to that on my previous car. Be aware that the hybrid conserves energy by not having a lot of interior lights come on when you enter the car.

Do the Right Thing
By Roy

This is a nice car! Roomy, comfortable. Great ergonomics, except for the lack of automatic headlights. Sluggish pickup, but that's the price for great gas mileage. Once it gets going, it's fine in traffic. XM radio is a treat, but the audio quality could be better. With my "No more blood for oil" bumper sticker, I'm having fun driving in front of Hummers. And with the safety features, I don't have to be intimidated by them. Handling is good. It's a tight ride. I expect typical Honda dependability. Trunk is big enough for most uses. Bottom line: Gets me where I'm going in comfort and safety, for about half the gas as my last car.

Favorite Features

XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights. More powerful electric motor.