2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Car
By dadtova on 03/08/07 16:05 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Love this car. The body style is awesome. This is my first Honda. I commute 80 miles a day round trip to and from work. So far after a month, I have avg. 47 mpg. I'm glad I paid the extra money for the Nav system with XMradio. I love it that I only have to fill it up once a week, even with my big commute. I found that in order to get the best mpg you can't be a lead foot.

Hybrid-no high MPG
By dutch tulip on 03/05/07 20:04 PM (PST)

I just bought a new Civic Hybrid 07 - I have purchased three tanks of gas and calculated actual miles driven with gallons of gas and got 29 mpg, 29 mpg and 28 mpg; not impressive. The whole purpose of the purchase was to get excellent MPG- the dealer quoted 40 city and 60 highway - I do city driving and am nowhere close. Beaverton Honda says the engine has to break in at about 2000 miles I have 900 miles now on the car. I am very disappointed. I did not even question that the actual MPG would be soooo far off from the sticker advertisement. I am sure Honda Corporation would be interested in my comments. So much for going GREEN!--I got ripped off!!!

Experienced hybrid driver puzzled
By Dan Hurley on 03/03/07 18:51 PM (PST)

Have had Civic Hybrid for 5 weeks. Avg mpg is 22!!! ? hwy up to 44 mpg but gen'ly 39. City and overall avg ends up at 20-22. I drove a Honda Insight hybrid on same roads for the last five and a half years. Hwy was 69-70 mpg with max of 83. City was more like 39 mpg. The point is, I am a hybrid driver. Insight was stick. Civic automatic. Can't imagine I'm doing something so wrong to get less mpg than most small cars, much less what hybrid should get. Any thoughts from anyone? Brought it into dealer twice. They said they got 35 city/44 hwy in 10 mile test drive. I have driven 1000 miles now, with a continuous avg of 20-22 city. With heat on or off. looking for answers

I get better EPA than my wife's Prius
By mbnorcal on 02/22/07 18:49 PM (PST)

Last year my family decided to take a step forward and bought a 2006 Toyota Prius. I was very happy with its performance and averaging around 45-48 mpg. This year I also needed a commuter car. I was about to get another Prius, but I decided to give the Civic Hyrbid a try. In my opinion, I really liked the styling of the Civic better than the Prius that my wife drives. I have put a little over 2,000 miles on it already and have gotten 51 mpg, better than the Prius. But of course the Civic is a bit weaker than the Prius. The dash layout has a airy spaceship cockpit layout. Although the interior is not as big as a Prius, the fit and finish is top notch. It has good driving position.

Honda Civic 4 dr Hybrid
By clayssilky on 02/17/07 11:18 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

great little car. Get 45 to over 52 miles per gallon. Most of my driving is around town but it does handle well on the highway.

Not getting mileage - 42 mpg, instead of 45
By mukund on 02/17/07 07:17 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very good car overall, however, I would have expected to get no less then 45 mpg, I have some local and some highway driving. On highway, I cruise at 69 mph. I called dealer, he said my mpg should improve after 7500 miles, currently I have 3200 miles.

I love my Hybrid
By Billy Pilgrim on 01/19/07 14:30 PM (PST)

I chose the Civic Hybrid for its smooth, quiet operation, driveability, advanced standard safety features, exceptional ergonomics, amazing instrument panel...and those 50 miles per gallon. I liked it when I got it, and I love it a few months later. It moves and handles well, protects my family like a vigilant Doberman, and lives up to its advertised MPG. My highest observed sustained mileage was 58.3 on a highway trip; I average around 47 mpg in largely-urban commuting and around town. Steering is quick and precise, braking is sure and solid. Other favorites: Standard 4-channel ABS with brake distribution and brake assist, Honda's exceptional airbag system and the tilt/telescope wheel.

Great choice!
By Hybrid on 01/10/07 21:36 PM (PST)

Get in this car and drive it like any other car. You only notice it's a hybrid when you check out the mpg --- 45! As fun to drive as much more expensive cars.

Great Hybrid Choice
By todd on 01/09/07 15:09 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Honda Civic Hybrid. Its fun to drive and not nearly as slow feeling as some reviewers have said. The CVT is hard to get used to...but give the car such a smooth feel and tends to make me drive faster. The interior color choices could be much better, but the finish is great. My gas mileage has been amazing. I actually traded in my 2006 Honda Accord V-6 for this car and do not regret it one bit!!! Fun car and great gas mileage.

A Subtle Star
By behogge on 01/08/07 22:17 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Many people get caught up in the lure and appeal of exotic appearance, much like face powder in a world of cluelessness. But alas, there is hope. Honda's Civic line is superb. Honda has delivered a smart looking package, brilliant engineering, comfort, amenities, and the reliability that is beyond reproach. I have two new Civics - an EX and a Hybrid. They are wonderful and best of all is knowing that like my Honda's in the past I am good for 150,000 to 200,000 miles without a worry in the world. Thanks Honda. As for drivers of mega-Detroit wheels, please tune in - and - get it. It makes a difference in your total cost of ownership, the fuel bills, and the replacement cycle. Look, buy, relax.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.