2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
View from 10,000 miles
By Saki on 06/22/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My last car was a Hyundai Accent, so my Civic was quite a step up. I love my car. That said, there have been a few problems. The mileage was initially appalling. Used to getting 42mpg from a car only supposed to get 37, I thought the Civic would at least match it. After starting at 29, it was a slow climb to the lower thirties for 50/50 highway/city driving. I'm currently faring much better - sometimes 40 mpg highway. Mixed driving around 35-37, suburban/highway. Some trouble starting occasionally last winter. Dealer said it was normal for a Civic. The 100,000 mile Hyundai did better, so I found that a bit scary - or flat untrue.

2007 Honda Civic LX
By Lonnie on 06/12/07 01:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! New car design in and out is great. Fuel economy is just as good as my motorcycle. Solid build quality. I lift weights and I am not a small person yet at 248 lbs I have plenty of width room inside this car. 5 star crash rating. Resale value will increase in the next few years due to elevated gas prices. Thanks Honda.

New car, love it
By zoomzoom on 06/04/07 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I drove a SUV and loved that. The mileage was crazy and cost eating me up. I find this car very roomy for a small car and fast. The 4 banger, is not what it used to be.

Excellent Car, almost prefect.
By Tonino on 05/24/07 00:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got mine 3 weeks ago, and I am very happy with my choice, I only wish there was a lock for the glovebox, other than that, everything is great, the sunroof, the interior materials, the audio system. I look forward to my trip to New York, I'll drive all the way.

My second Honda purchase
By Matyas on 05/20/07 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love the interior/exterior looks. I expect good reliability - I drove a 98 Civic until now. I bought 17" wheels, unfortunately that means I will have to sell the 16" set myself. I wish this was a dealer/manufacturer option. The road noise is pronounced on some low quality pavements, but not bothersome in general. In fact I test drove an upscale sedan for comparison and that was just slightly less quiet. I get 32-36 mpg city/highway milage in warm/hot weather with 95% AC use. (Also the odometer undermeasures by 3-4%, this will change with tire wear.)

Love it
By handyhonda on 05/06/07 18:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Love my Honda Civic EX coupe 5 speed. This is the best Civic ever built. It beats all the competition. Honda legendary reliability. Gas mileage. I have been averaging about 35 mi/gal. Awesome. Fantastic styling. Best color is black. I love everything.

2007 Honda Civic Coupe
By guambombboy on 05/04/07 03:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have recently purchased my Civic not too long ago, and so far it has been great, but it can be better. It looks great inside and out. Though it would be better inside if they used better quality plastics and made it more solid. Performance-wise, it delivers! Very zippy around urban streets and easy to maneuver in parking lots. The Vtec engine provides ample power smoothly. However, I am not getting good mileage in a car that is rated to do a around the mid 30 mpg range. In normal driving (with little heater/AC, non aggressive driving) I am getting a little less than 20 mpg. No repairs was done or needed, and the only real gripe is a bunch of rattling noises coming from the interior. Great car!

Best in class
By desimunda on 04/27/07 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best in class, for sure. The interior, exterior styling is unparalled. Just fantastic and I'm getting compliments daily. The throttle feels much better then my 04 civic sedan. This feels a lot heavier and powerful. Very different car then the 04 civic. It's also very steady on the highway. Quiet, etc.

Could have been a good car
By kevin on 04/20/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bad car. Donít buy it. Uncomfortable seats, extra loud alarm chimes and a cheap rattling interior made me sell this car after 6,700 miles. No excuse. Honda costs a couple of thousand more than many of its competitors' cars. The plastic interior is poorly assembled and it's loud. The cabin electrical wires are housed in a noisy corrugated plastic hose that vibrates at highway speeds. The seats are soft and have no support for long drives. Alarm chimes are aggressive and startling. I want to be reminded, not punished. This was my third and last new Honda. No more, thanks.

I never thought I would like it!
By 69*Goat on 04/17/07 08:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased a 2007 EX 2dr 5spd. All I can say is wow! I went from driving a big V-8 to this, and I am having a blast. This car is well mannered, and very fun to drive. When I test drove it, I was thoroghly surprised. I love the fact that I will be passing gas stations, instead of having to fill up every three days. I commute 24-28 miles a day and this thing has no problem getting up to speed with any of the other traffic around me. This car is very comfortable, and the stereo is great. Now my muscle car can rest in the garage during the week, while I drive this EX.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.