2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Going green has tradeoffs
By Roger A. on 12/22/09 08:41 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Do not buy this car if you are wanting a comfortable ride. I'm 6'1 250lbs. It is very hard to get in the driver seat. The steering wheel has to be all the way in the up position and the seat all the way back for me to slide in. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The parking brake handle is located where my knee stays on it while driving, this will make your knee start hurting in about 10 - 15 minutes. I had to put a small pillow next to the brake handle to make the pain somewhat tolerable. Road noise is loud, I mean LOUD. The BIGGEST problem I have experienced is the cupping that occurs on the back tires, see below in the suggested improvements.

Did not meet my expectations
By Brad on 11/02/09 20:50 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I want so badly to love this car, but I just can't quite do it for a few reasons. I traded in a 98 Prelude Sh and ordered this car from the factory as soon as I found out about its existence, but it's not the four door replacement for the Prelude that I'd hoped it would be. First, the transmission issue is incredibly frustrating. Second, the emergency brake jabs me in the knee. I know this issue may be limited to me, but it's not a good feeling when you purchase a brand new car and it makes you limp. Third, the build quality is not up to par with the other Hondas or Toyotas I've owned. It's a great looking and the performance is unparalleled for the price but it's not perfect.

Honda is poor quality
By Mike Aron on 10/25/09 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have taken my car to dealer to replace the following since I leased it: 1. The battery. 2. The stereo, 3. Transmission torque converter. 4. Steering wheel peeling off. As you can see HONDA HAS DECLINED QUALITY lately and reliability is 0%. Plus dealer doesn't supply you with loan car.

Look for something better
By seang on 10/19/09 10:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Decent car but not worth the $. Poor radio, poor ride quality and extremely loud interior. I'm 6'-2" and fit comfortable in car. Ergonomics are good but the position of the e brake is bad and uncomfortable on leg. Good thing is I got 33 mpg average. On long highway rides, almost 38 mpg. I got sick of the road noise and harsh ride and traded this car in. You can get more car for the money. I traded mine in for a Legacy. For $2K more, you get all wheel drive, awesome radio, awesome ride.

Very good, but not for everyone
By David87 on 10/10/09 12:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car but it's not for everyone. This car is better suited for someone who works at an office, college student (with some cash or daddy) who will mostly use it on freeways. I average on long trips on the highway around 36mpg to 40mpg going at 65 to 70mph. I drive kind of aggressive so I get around 25mpg mixed driving. I work at a shipyard so I'm always dirty and carry stuff with me so having a 2door is impractical. Also I'm 6'1 and this car is kind of low and with the moonroof there is not much head room for tall drivers. Also legroom is a bit short. Other than that it drives very good, looks great and many aftermarket options. I have projector lamp and L.E.D tail lights. Test drive it.

Happy with it...
By steve76 on 09/10/09 05:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Drive a round trip to work of 140 miles. We get 41 mpg with synthetic oil at 70 mph. Not 1 problem, car has 83,000 miles. Fun to drive, enjoy the great mileage and for the price is unbeatable. Tires will make it to 100,000 miles. Bought some comfy seat cushions. Downside is road noise but really not a problem. Makes you smile everyday with the mileage and we take 6-8 hour trips on vacation. We are in our 40's too.

Very Good Car
By Mike on 09/07/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over all, this a very good car. 32,000 miles on it and no major problems. Love the sporty handling and steering. The gas mileage is good. Bad sun visor design. The glue that holds them together seems to melt in the sun. Had to replace tires @ 20k but that seems to be the norm for most makes now. Driver's seat needs better thigh support.

115,000 and runnin it like I rent it
By Shane on 08/29/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car. However the only downfall is the light back end makes it slide in wet or slippy conditions. Runs as good now as the day I bought it. It does like to eat back tires so rotate them and service your car (i.e. oil and rotating tires) no big expenses yet. IT'S KINDA A TIGHT FIT FOR A 6FT 200LB guy but it makes up for it at the pump...

Technical/mechanical failiures
By Andres on 08/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I was told Honda was a good brand and cars were durable and also the Honda civic 2007 has a very nice look. However, Just ONE WEEK after buying the car, the radio system started to mute itself very often, so I took it to the dealer and had to leave the car for two days there. THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS REPLACED. One year after, the car was hard to start in the morning and I took to the dealer at bayridge to change the oil and also to check this "little issue" and they had to replace the battery! Last week I took the car to the dealer again because it was shaking so bad when going up on a little hill and @ 1500 RPM. Guess what? The transmission had to be replaced!!!

Good but not for everyone
By David on 08/08/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like it. The car is fun and during the night it looks like more expensive car. I do regret getting it with the Navigation system, DON'T GET A CIVIC OR ANY OTHER HONDA WITH THE NAVI! It was waste of money. You pay almost $2,000dlls for something that can't play DVD'S and no bluetooth. It works perfect, no complaints there but with less money you could buy something with more features. Since its a coupe and it has a moonroof (headroom decreases) its only suited for young folks with no family and who don't carry a lot of stuff. If you do get this car, buy it some projector headlamps and L.E.D tail lamps, waoo! It looks great! I'm getting around 25mpg, but I drive hard. Best mpg its on the highway.