2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Very Good Car
By Mike on 09/07/09 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over all, this a very good car. 32,000 miles on it and no major problems. Love the sporty handling and steering. The gas mileage is good. Bad sun visor design. The glue that holds them together seems to melt in the sun. Had to replace tires @ 20k but that seems to be the norm for most makes now. Driver's seat needs better thigh support.

115,000 and runnin it like I rent it
By Shane on 08/29/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great commuter car. However the only downfall is the light back end makes it slide in wet or slippy conditions. Runs as good now as the day I bought it. It does like to eat back tires so rotate them and service your car (i.e. oil and rotating tires) no big expenses yet. IT'S KINDA A TIGHT FIT FOR A 6FT 200LB guy but it makes up for it at the pump...

Technical/mechanical failiures
By Andres on 08/24/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because I was told Honda was a good brand and cars were durable and also the Honda civic 2007 has a very nice look. However, Just ONE WEEK after buying the car, the radio system started to mute itself very often, so I took it to the dealer and had to leave the car for two days there. THE RADIO SYSTEM WAS REPLACED. One year after, the car was hard to start in the morning and I took to the dealer at bayridge to change the oil and also to check this "little issue" and they had to replace the battery! Last week I took the car to the dealer again because it was shaking so bad when going up on a little hill and @ 1500 RPM. Guess what? The transmission had to be replaced!!!

Good but not for everyone
By David on 08/08/09 21:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like it. The car is fun and during the night it looks like more expensive car. I do regret getting it with the Navigation system, DON'T GET A CIVIC OR ANY OTHER HONDA WITH THE NAVI! It was waste of money. You pay almost $2,000dlls for something that can't play DVD'S and no bluetooth. It works perfect, no complaints there but with less money you could buy something with more features. Since its a coupe and it has a moonroof (headroom decreases) its only suited for young folks with no family and who don't carry a lot of stuff. If you do get this car, buy it some projector headlamps and L.E.D tail lamps, waoo! It looks great! I'm getting around 25mpg, but I drive hard. Best mpg its on the highway.

Not bad, could be better
By John on 08/05/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had only a few problems with it. The electric motor at low speeds jerks the car until you stop accel or accel faster. I did not expect a sports car since this is a hybrid but driving it in the NYC (only got 25MPG in city) and highways (35-40MPG) a car like this is unable to get out of it's own way. This has caused me to get hit once since I could not get away from someone coming up behind me even when flooring it. I avg about 39-44MPG on my 30 mile one way to work and back. Car does not handle well even with new tires. AC does not seem to cool as much as I like, gets warm on auto stop. Road noise is horrible at 40+. Sound system is blah. Expected more overall for $26,000.

Throughly Disappointed
By miller31 on 08/03/09 12:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This car is a Disappointment. I just bought the car and it already has more interior noise then any other car Ive ever had. The roof liner is loose the glove box is making noise. Recently drove to Vegas and the power on the car is embarrassing. Took a while to get up to speed to pass slower cars. This thing needs a lot more torque. Not to go fast just to get up to speed fast. Also the front end is so light anytime you take off the tires burn out. Way to much road noise as well. sometimes you cant even talk because the road noise is so over bearing. I do love the MPG. Over all I am disappointed in my purchase and will get rid of it at first opportunity.

Great Car
By Evar on 07/29/09 12:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I commute 70 miles a day for work. Average 35+ MPG. I have 65,000 miles on the car and have only had to do breaks once, tires once, and regular oil changes. Much larger interior than Civic's have had in the past. Dash is easy to see while driving. I took a road trip and actually got 47 MPG for 3 tanks in a row.

Love this car!
By pjgallardo on 07/16/09 19:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used by trading in a V-8 truck. The drive is awesome and smooth. Getting used to the limited vision, overall I'm very happy with everything so far. The power with acceleration was a pleasant surprise.

2nd Honda, but NEVER again!
By Rich on 07/03/09 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the Civic since 12/06. In the first 22 months & 14K miles I've experienced the following problems. Trans has been replaced, replacement tranny repaired, P/S leak, cv boot & joint replaced, new battery, both sun visors blew apart. 3 recalls, low fuel warning light comes on with only .6 gallons remaining, book says it should be 1.9 gallons. Front brakes will need replacing before 20K miles. THE most annoying problem is with the A/C, it cuts out for 10 to 15 seconds when accelerating from a stop. I've been to all 3 dealers in Las Vegas, & they all told me that Honda designed the A/C to work that way, a power saving feature! UNACCEPTABLE!!

Problems with A/C
By bobbo63 on 06/17/09 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently had a problem with car such that the a/c was blowing only hot air. A trip to dealer showed an undiscovered leak in the refrigerant from the system. They were unable to find the leak after 4 hours and have placed a dye in the refrigerant to try to find the 'pin hole' leak. I've never had this problem with a Japanese vehicle. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I now am supposed to drive the car for 3 months and return the vehicle for 'discovery' of the leak.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.