Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2007 Si. My best purchase
By slime84070

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car and happened to find the si. I have driven the older models and loved them, when I first got in the drivers seat of this car I felt like I was in a Jet ready to take off. I love the feel of the car. It sounds great, has great turning and can get up and go. You get a lot of looks in this car. This car is pretty fast if you need it to. The 8200 redline is a feature I really enjoy. When in 2nd gear and you hit the 6000 rpm the Vtec kicks in, and puts you into your seat. I cant help myself but smile every time. This Si is truly one awesome care and a GREAT purchase. I love the in car features as well. makes driving fun and comfortable.

Vtec, comfort, xm ready, the way the body of the car looks, The sound the muffler makes is great. You don't sound like a cheap old Honda trying to be an Si. It has a nice purr to it.

E brake in a different spot. my knee leans against it and can be uncomfortable. P The paint is really thin and chips easy. I have 2 chips on my hood from rocks flying up.

Best overall bang for the buck
By joes21

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been a Honda owner all of my life. I've had a 1983 Civic DX hatchback, 1986 Prelude Si and a 1993 Civic EX. The 2007 Civic Si sedan is the best so far! You get Acura features and quality in the Si and it's soooo affordable for a fun, functional, good looking, sporty sedan. The more we look at the sedan, the more I'm glad we waited for the 4-door versus the coupe. My wife & I love it and it's our family car now since we sold our SUV. The only recurring negative I have to mention is that third gear is a little tough to engage, especially when it's cold. Honda service has looked at it three times and claims there's nothing wrong with it. Other than that. We have the PERFECT sedan!

Overall packaging. This is a loaded car with everything a normal driver would want. The engine purrs and we get a lot of compliments from people about the exhaust note. The Si wheels makes such a difference in the appearance of the Civic. Despite what others say, the dash board rocks!

My wish list would be to add Bluetooth Handsfree link, leather option, heated seats, side defrosting mirrors, HID headlights. I can wish right?!?!? The TPMS was added in '08 - Thanks!

Lots of bang for the buck
By ALB SNWBRDR

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic SI has grown up, and so have I (....sort of). I recently purchased (3/08) a 2007 left over Civic SI sedan . I sold my 2005 Civic SI Hatchback. It was a great car. the 2007 has improved all of the features that I didn't like in the 2005 such as: less aggressive racing seats, adding a 6th gear, larger rims, and an armrest (front & rear). The 2007 is fast & can still can zig-zag through corners like a cars twice its price. The exhaust has a nice throaty sound.

6spd, 4 dr, 17" wheels, handling, arm rests, steering wheel controls

bluetooth, lumbar support, power/ memory/ heated seats (leather?), more aluminum trim, fog lights, HID head lights. $21,800 MSRP...for a "Honda Civic"

Love it so far and hope to love it more!
By Juliea201

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this in summer '07 as a new replacement for my creaky, marshmallowy '94 Camry. I chose the Civic SI in favor of the Mazda 3 Hatch due to the firmer, sportier suspension, better looking interior, and overall driving fun. I took 2-3 testdrives in the coupe and sedan before buying and on my last drive I told my husband "Get me out of this vehicle before I write them a check right now!" I will add that I've also experience the 3rd gear pop-out and grinding issues; thought it was just me. Have found that 2500 (right at abt 18-21mph) & 4000 rpm are where it likes to hit that gear best but you must be precise. I wonder if this is partially the "hang-throttle" issue.

Love the quick shifting gearbox, the suspension that is firm & sporty but not at all jarring on a daily basis. Overall appearance (Galaxy Grey) is subtle but sleek. The VTEC is waaaay too much fun to play with and bad for the gas mileage!

Computer flash is supposed to be coming out to correct the "hanging throttle" issue I've always disliked (foot off gas, car maintains/increases acceleration?!?). Paint is thin, per my first rock chip (all the way to the primer). Lush interior cloth attracts lint like crazy.

Very nice Si!
By Ed

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

In 20,000 miles I haven't had any problems save for third gear being notchy. Will let dealer see before warranty expires. Small gas tank only allows about 320 miles to the gallon on premium fuel only. Si also requires synthetic oil. I wish the windshield wasn't so huge because the sun glare is bad. Overall, if gas wasn't so high I would buy again. I think I will trade down to a regular civic for better fuel economy. Can't complain about the reliability though, it's been awesome. Don't spend for the factory navi as Garmin makes better units for WAY less money.

Handling, reliability, inexpensive to own.

Enlarge gas tank for better fuel mileage. Fix third gear grinding issues (well documented on 8thcivic dot com) Increase displacement for more torque.