2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Update, ~3850 miles
By JMB on 07/26/07 07:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My first review still stands: all-around amazing car. Now I just have a couple nitpicks: The visors are rather poorly designed. The driver-side has already broken (presumably occurred after the plastic softened in the heat of a summer day). I have a hairline crack on the inner driver-side door release, which prevents it from returning flush with the housing much of the time.

SI Better Than I Thought
By BB on 07/13/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Wanted an affordable commuter with room for the family or friends, decided to add a bit of "performance and fun", and so far have had a blast. Sports suspension not overly harsh, but really have to hang on to the wheel while turning down-shifting, as expected. 6th gear really drops RPMs down, at 90mph was only hitting 4,000rpms, great for mileage and engine wear. As reported, not great lower end torque, and while noticeable, not even close to being a performance issue. Red panel glow more for younger demos, but it's OK. Really need the radio/CD controls to be lighted at night, hard to see and use.

Great...
By si_civic on 07/06/07 12:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was on a waiting list for this little coupe, and it finally arrived 4 months later. I am quite pleased with the handling. No other front wheel drive car, in my opinion, handles this well from the factory. Many aftermarket parts are available (as of this writing, July 07). There are a few problems I have encountered: clunking noise from pass. side strut assembly, drive-by-wire throttle issues, paint quality (POOR), intermittent wiper system sometimes doesn't work properly, interior scratches very easily. All in all, I highly recommend this car. Compared to the 'Cobalier' this is one car you would surely love to drive, and drive all the way to its 8300 rpm redline!

Civic Si Sedan Delivers
By gw on 06/26/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When considering a new car, I needed a practical commuter/family vehicle but wanted a sports car. I can't imagine a better solution then the Si Sedan. The car is very practical with 4 doors, big trunk and good gas milage (assume Honda reliability will apply to my Si). At the same time, the car is just so much fun to drive. The high reving 2.0 L four is so smooth and the transmition is spec'd just right. I can stay in the powerband from 1st on into 5th (that's where my risk tolerance for speeding tickets runs out) The sound of the i- VTEC is totally awsome. The 17" wheels hint at what's inside. The fit and finish are high quality and the controls all fall naturally within sight/reach. Grea

Love This Car!
By Gary on 06/24/07 15:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

6500 miles, no problems at all. Handling is equivalent to a Viper in the slalom. Summer tires combined with L.S. differential had no problem in 4" of wet snow at max 35mph! First oil change at 3000 miles switched to full synthetic. Recent 200 mile trip at 55- 65mph, conservative driving, yielded an astonishing 41mpg with 2 on board! Only issues I wish to resolve are low speed hesitation when engine is cold (exacerbated in winter), and balky 3rd gear engagement particularly when cold. Have come to like the funky dash layout. Incredibly comfortable, supportive seats. Great sound from intake, exhaust, and sound system. Happier with the Si than any other I have ever owned.

Nice little work car!
By Robert T. on 06/22/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I originally went to the dealership to buy an EX model with the navigation option but as soon as I saw the Si, I had to drive it. I got reeled in by the sound of the exhaust which is mellow but strong and not "boy racerish". The 6 speed is silky smooth. The car is not fast by any stretch of the imagination. I have had cars that made 350hp with plenty of torque and this isnít one of them. I was never under the assumption that I was buying anything more than a Civic to use as my primary work vehicle. It is a nice, sporty looking, decent performing compact sedan but you don't notice the performance until you get above 6000 rpms. That is where the little 2.0L really shines.

2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan
By Ralph on 06/17/07 12:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Since I have bought the car, I can't wipe the smile off my face. It has great performance, handling, acceleration, sound of exhaust. I get compliments everywhere I go. My average mileage 50percent hwy and 50percent street is 28.9mpg. Seats are very comfortable, tons of room in back seats, shifting the manual 6 speed trans is so easy and fun. 17inch Michelin exalto tires are unbelievable in handling. Stereo system with navi has 350watts of power. I love this car.

Perfect
By Tad on 06/13/07 22:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car after owning a 92 300ZX Twin Turbo, which I maintained. And quite honestly this car is just as exciting as the TT if not more. I couldn't ask for more handling in 4 door vehicle, and the thrill of running it to 8k is just... you have to feel it for yourself.

Love the engine and practicality
By jsabowabo on 06/13/07 16:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a 28 yr old power junkie (engine wise) and I can tell you this car's 2.0 iVTEC motor is a gem. It feels normal below 5800 rpms, then pulls hard until 8200 rpm fuel cutoff. The exhaust note is pure music. The handling is first rate (compared to my 2007 Mazda MX-5), as are the brakes and gearbox. The interior looks great, seats are very comfortable and supportive. The black cloth does show lint very easily though. I'm averaging about 27 mpg, but it depends how you drive. You could baby it and get 30 or drive like a maniac and get 20. About my only gripe with the car is the rev-hang issue. Revs don't drop instantly about 3k, not a big deal. Overall I love the car, beautiful.

Excellent Package
By dirtintegra7 on 06/12/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The car is very quick and responsive. I drive the car daily for work and have been getting 32.5 MPG since day one. The is not the fastest but definitely holds it own.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.