2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
No relief from the heat
By D. Hutchinson on 06/25/08 09:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Since purchasing the Civic, we've experienced our share of problems. First, bolts were missing from the lower air dam underneath the front bumper. Weather stripping coming off the rear passenger side window and the air conditioning falls short. At a dead stop in traffic the a/c shuts down and starts blowing hot air. During accelerations it also shuts down and blows hot air. Very uncomfortable to say the least. We had to tint the windows just to stay cool. Honda says it a new design to regulate the power on the engine. If we would have known, we never would have bought it. Funny, my 06' Acura TL (Honda product) never did that.

Great Look, Ride and MPG's
By sgas24 on 06/19/08 10:13 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am 41 yrs old and purchased my Civic 1 year ago yesterday and it is the best car I've owned. I drive 75 to 80 highway miles to work each day and truly enjoy the ride and definitely the fuel economy. I travel above the speed limit and still average above 32 mpg and when I decide to take it easy, it averages around 36-38 mpg. The Bridgestone tires are not as bad as some may believe, I have 26K on the factory set and have rotated at every oil change (every 8,200k) and they still look to have at least 50% tread remaining. The 1.8 L engine provides great economy, a quiet ride and will surprise you on the open road as to how fast you approach that third digit on the speedometer.

07 Civic Ex
By Lovin it on 06/13/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my used 07 civic with 5800 miles on it for over a year. Apparently the previous owner traded it for a CR-V. Right now it has over 20K miles and I have no complains. It looks good, GREAT performance and GREAT reliability. I live just outside of Chicago so in winter it gives me about 29 mpg on average and the summer is around 32 mpg both mixed driving. EXTREMELY happy.

Bad Civic 2007
By badcivic2007 on 05/28/08 19:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 07 Honda Civ & I have had several problems.I had to have my front brake pads/rotors replaced after just over a & 10Kmi. I received a recall for the steering column & ABS Wheel Sensor. My calipers stick & Honda told me that it was not under warranty. This is a major car part that PREMATURELY wears down the brake pads. My VERY trusted mechanic informed me that he noticed a lot of problems with Hondas braking system. I will NEVER buy another one. I got all of the factory scheduled maintenance including regular oils changes. I only drive this car to school & work,9K mi/yr, & in CA so the weather has never been a factor. My car may be 1 of a few lemons, but it is DEFIANTLY a LEMON!!!!

Nice Little Car w/ Bad Tires
By Bill on 05/27/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for more than a year now. I drive a lot of highway and city mix miles and this car has performed excellent in both city and highway with one exception. The factory Bridgestone tires are absolute pieces of junk and wore out at 17,000 miles. Honda seems to have realized this as the latest Civics I've seen have Goodyear tires on them. Other than the tires, the car accelerates nicely and is fairly comfortable for two average sized people. The fuel mileage ranges in the 33-34 MPG area no matter how I drive, and I don't drive conservatively. The stereo is excellent as long as you don't want to install XM Radio. That will cost you $500 if you can find someone to do it.

Civics are bullet proof!
By the DOG on 05/26/08 16:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Without a doubt this is the best car I've ever owned. I am 6'2" and have plenty of room, even when I'm in the back seat. I got 'no haggle' internet invoice pricing with low 4.9% APR financing. There is a TSB on 07 Civic's because of a rear control arm assembly which causes vibrations over 45 MPH. I took it to the dealer - they fixed it promptly at no charge to me & put on a set of new Goodyear tires! Most of my driving is highway driving and I average 33-37 MPG.

MPG not as good as they say!!!
By Bill on 05/21/08 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2007 Honda Civic almost one year ago and I am very disappointed with the MPG on this car. I am averaging about 20 and that to me is ridiculous. I bought this car because of the great fuel efficiency it was supposed to have and it has not met my expectations. I was told that it would average around 28 city and highway combined. I have not seen 24 or higher yet. Of course they told me that the engine needs to be worked in and then I will get better gas mileage but after 6000 miles I have seen anything yet. I also saw someone else on a discussion board say they recommend 10-15k before you see better gas mileage. My lease will be up before then. I am very disappointed in Honda.

One year old and 12,000 miles
By Rob on 05/13/08 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a fine car for city and highway driving. It's all Honda, handling and acceleration remind me of previous Honda's I've owned. Dealer service is OK - they didn't correctly diagnose a power steering noises the first time. A week later, another service writer, and description "morning sickness" got the problem fixed. A seal wasn't correctly seated which starved the pump of power steering fluid. New pump installed, two-day stay at dealer and it's running great. MPG has increased to 37 from 34 before the repairs.

My Honda
By Marie on 04/23/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive. Best pickup I've had on a "normal" vehicle of any kind. GREAT on gas mileage and reliability. Only problem I have with this car is the driver seat is very uncomfortable. I am of average height and weight but the seat is terrible. Great interior design and roomy for a fairly small car. Would buy again except for the seats. If they don't improve on them, I would buy something else.

Good Car with a Few Flaws
By Bill on 04/15/08 10:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for thirteen months and drive mostly on the Interstate. The car has been very reliable, has more than adequate power and is generally a fun car to drive. It maneuvers easy into tight parking spaces and the fuel mileage averages about 34 MPG regardless of how I drive. The only complaint I have about Honda and these Civics are the lousy tires that put on the car. The factory Bridgestone tires are poor quality tires and despite regular balancing and rotating, these tires didn't make it 20,000 miles. Also, the XM "Ready" status of the car is useless, you still have to buy an expensive kit if you want to have XM radio in your car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.