Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2 Year Ownership
By mb0130

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I needed one - before kids. It's better if you don't have kids. All I can fit in the trunk is a stroller and a portable crib and not much else. The ride was ok at first, but it has gotten worse. Recently, the bars on the gas gauge go up and down. I have had to replace the sun visors because the heat split the plastic and wouldn't allow them to close. The radio a couple of times has gone out for a minute and then will come back on and once the car wouldn't turn over and nothing was wrong with it. The up and down shift is also not the greatest in the automatic. Sometimes I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to get up speed to get on the highway.

Favorite Features

I do love the look of the car on the outside and the inside. I love the digital speedometer and it's placement. The buttons on the dash are nice and it does have a lot of different little storage areas for things.

Honda is poor quality
By Mike Aron

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have taken my car to dealer to replace the following since I leased it: 1. The battery. 2. The stereo, 3. Transmission torque converter. 4. Steering wheel peeling off. As you can see HONDA HAS DECLINED QUALITY lately and reliability is 0%. Plus dealer doesn't supply you with loan car.

Favorite Features

Shape, color, style.

Suggested Improvements

Definitely needs better quality of all mechanical components.

Look for something better
By seang

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Decent car but not worth the $. Poor radio, poor ride quality and extremely loud interior. I'm 6'-2" and fit comfortable in car. Ergonomics are good but the position of the e brake is bad and uncomfortable on leg. Good thing is I got 33 mpg average. On long highway rides, almost 38 mpg. I got sick of the road noise and harsh ride and traded this car in. You can get more car for the money. I traded mine in for a Legacy. For $2K more, you get all wheel drive, awesome radio, awesome ride.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and ergonomics of inside car. Loved the small steering wheel and heads up display. Very modern interior.

Suggested Improvements

Insulation from outside noise. Better ride quality. Few more horses.

Happy with it...
By steve76

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Drive a round trip to work of 140 miles. We get 41 mpg with synthetic oil at 70 mph. Not 1 problem, car has 83,000 miles. Fun to drive, enjoy the great mileage and for the price is unbeatable. Tires will make it to 100,000 miles. Bought some comfy seat cushions. Downside is road noise but really not a problem. Makes you smile everyday with the mileage and we take 6-8 hour trips on vacation. We are in our 40's too.

Favorite Features

Tight steering, great mileage, reliability above all, resale value, purchase price, fun to drive. Airbags all around.

Suggested Improvements

Seat cushions and road noise.

Very Good Car
By Mike

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Over all, this a very good car. 32,000 miles on it and no major problems. Love the sporty handling and steering. The gas mileage is good. Bad sun visor design. The glue that holds them together seems to melt in the sun. Had to replace tires @ 20k but that seems to be the norm for most makes now. Driver's seat needs better thigh support.

Favorite Features

Atomic Blue paint. Alloy wheels. Exterior styling. Small steering wheel with radio controls. Solid, sporty feel. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better speakers. Interior plastics scratch easily. How about offering a power driver's seat?