Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Civic Hybrid
By curtis

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car for driving around town. Very underpowered on the highway and suffers from extreme road/wind noise at highway speed. The car is comfortable enough but long trips get very laborious because of the noise. The relatively low power on the highway requires drivers to plan passing and other maneuvers rather than simply jumping into another lane and passing a group of slower cars. If you are a "cruise-comtrol at 65mph" type, this may not be as much of a handicap as it is for drivers used to a car with much more power. I averaged about 44mpg at 75mph through hilly terrain. Bottom line: If you drive it like a hybrid and accept the tradeoffs, you will probably be happy.

Except for being underpowered on the highway, it drives pretty nice. Nice interior design. Gauge lay out and dash is very straight forward and easy to use. Doesn't look like a hybrid except for the wheels.

Needs sound isolation, bad! Needs a little more power for highway passing. A better stereo would be nice.

Love This Car!!
By luvmyhybrid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my hybrid for a month now and I love it. I'm averaging about 43 mpg (have 1700 miles on it already) and am very pleased with the performance. The car handles well, is fun to drive and the navi system and XM radio are fantastic features. I got a great deal on this car and it has been worth every penny so far. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would be the lack of lumbar support, but the seats aren't that bad compared to the 98 Jetta I was driving. The other surprising thing about this car is how much interior room there is. My Jetta was a bigger car, but had less room inside. Definitely a plus. If you are thinking about getting this car, DO IT.

My favorite features are the roominess, the handling and the instrument panel. So driver friendly.

The only thing I would improve on is the seat. Adjustable lumbar support would be awesome.

The Right Choice
By Driver8

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Civic Hybrid for a month, and I'm very pleased with its mileage (43 MPG over all), its comfort, its stereo, and its features. I thought about a Prius, but the Civic is better- -and a better buy. It's standard features are better--and you don't rack up another 3K in price to get good features. I used Edmunds to get a read, and these reviews really helped me. For example, at 6'1', I needed more leg room--and got it with the Civic. And golf clubs fit right in the trunk. Two kids in the back very comfortably. I drove an Accord in high school, and this Civic is the same size--very cool. Pick up is great when needed; but it's mileage gauge teaches you to be a smarter with gas.

Mileage and mileage gauge; engine shut off at stop...no wasting gas and pumping junk in the air; radio; cup holders and storage; dash; steering wheel controls; modern look; good A/C; programmable locks;

Flip key; back seat arm rest (child divider); Bluetooth; keep improving mileage

Save Big!
By Steven

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you drive with gas saving in mind, slowly & patiently this car is for you. Little bit of a stiff ride,but seats are comfy. CVT takes a little bit to get used to. Been accustomed to having a vehicle shift to each gear,now this cvt is shiftless just the one gear constantly adjusting for best fuel mileage. Power is what you should expect from a hybrid. I think my lawn mower has more get up and go. Steers like a charm and no complaints yet. I honestly drive like a grandpa. This car suits me very well. Performance is not this vehicle by any means. I've owned a Camaro with a LS1 engine, I know power and paying for it at the pump.

Speedometer, feel, looks, predicted gas mileage, steering wheel mounted controls, automatic climate control.

Head lights, rims are ugly, small cargo area.

I Love This Car!
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this little car. It is super easy to maneuver and so fun to drive. My only complaint is that it is a little underpowered for highway driving. There is plenty of power for city driving however. But that is the sacrifice you make when you buy the hybrid. But I do get 52mpg on the highway! City driving is more around 40 to 41mpg. Arlington in quite the hilly county so I am not surprised the actual mileage in city is not higher. I also love this car because at 6'3 the car is quite accomodating but I do have to have my seat all the way back. That means that the people sitting behind me are more than a tad cramped. Ergonomics are great and everything is within reach.

Opal blue silver exterior color, iPod hookup, auto-dimming rearview mirror, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, gas mileage meter next to the speedometer. Speedometer in line of sight, great gas mileage, auto A/C, turn signals in the side mirrors, and 8year/80000 mile warranty on the battery.

Offer the car in more colors. I think it should come in the green that the Civic GX NGV comes in and the tango red pearl and black. I would say no to the blue interior color, it may be unique but it makes the interior feel smaller. Also, There should be a second row armrest.