2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
WOW!
By lynn I on 05/06/07 05:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased my new Civic hybrid. What a pleasure to drive! It has been years since I have owned a car that was so much fun to drive and I spent quite a bit more for it. This car is a Hybrid when you need it (around town) but a sport car when you need to corner or pass with speed. The interior design is just plain fun It is also great to be doing something good for the environment and my pocketbook. Overall after the tax credit, this car is as good a buy as any other Honda. What a treat! Don't know what there is to shy away from. I am more that pleased to have decided to make a statement and go green!

I like it!
By Honda Hybrid on 05/02/07 09:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This little car is fun to drive, even when trying to maximize gas mileage. You can easily get 40 MPG if you drive with a little skill and control. If you drive the way the government does when testing gas mileage (50 miles per hour on a flat road with no wind) you can get 50 MPG.

Better Than Expected
By Chad on 04/30/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

The feel of the car takes a while to get used to, but when you start driving it a while, it becomes very easy and manageable to drive. When the engine shuts off at a stop sign or stop light, you have to be aware when on hills because it rolls back like a manual transmission vehicle. It has better acceleration than a 6 cylinder Mazda that I owned, and great interior comfort. I have been able to max out the storage capacity of the vehicle, and it has turned out to be very adequate for a smaller car.

Disapointed with City Mileage
By Civic Owner on 04/18/07 02:12 AM (PDT)

Have only owned for 2000 miles or about 1.5 months. To date I would have to say the Civic Hybrid is great except for the lack of it obtaining its expected fuel mileage potential of 49 mpg in town. I have been averaging 28-32 MPG in town. I was told that mileage will increase after I pass 10,000 miles. I hope that to be true. Also, the braking is a little weak.

Changed my driving style
By Honda Civic Hyrid on 04/15/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

We bought the Honda Civic Hybid for the gas mileage. I was disappointed at first with 40 mpg, I changed my driving habits to see what I could get and now I average 47.5 mpg. I do both highway and city driving. I am satisfied with the mileage. It could have a better ride. Overall not bad just a little bumpier than a more expensive car, but you get what you pay for.

Good on milage, great on the enviroment
By Hybrid-Driver on 04/14/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

I get 41 MPG in the city very consistently. I have gotten as high as 43 MPG on the highway. I suppose you could get 50 MPG if you were going down hill all of the time and didn’t run the A/C. I live in Houston, TX, so that isn’t very practical. I’m happy with the 41 MPG. This car qualifies as an Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions vehicle in all 50 states. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency gives the Civic Hybrid a greenhouse gas score of 10 (being the best). The car qualifies for a $1,350 tax credit. The Honda Civic Hybrid was declared the World Green Car for 2006 at the New York International Auto Show.

ZenPodII
By noflash on 04/09/07 14:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

To sum: We liked our 2006 HCHII so much we bought a 2007.

Mileage as advertised
By bdpecci on 04/01/07 05:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was skeptical of the mileage, but I was getting approximately 40 mpg in the coldest part of the winter and 42 mpg when the temps were in the 40s. Recently the temps were in the 50s - 70s, and I've been getting 49 mpg. The Civic is my commuter vehicle and I drive 42 miles to work and back each day on country (45 mph) and highway (65 mph). I'm in Ohio so it's generally flat. I also do not accelerate rapidly.

Practical, but fun to drive
By KEVIN on 03/30/07 04:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just picked up my hybrid last week so it is too soon to know quality/reliability. Hoping Honda's reputation for building reliable cars holds true. Car is fun to drive and so far I have been getting about 35 MPG in town (I almost never do highway driving). Car takes a little getting used to as the hybrid system can be a little jerky at slow, coasting speeds as the regenerative braking system charges the battery. Other than that the hybrid system is seamlessly integrated and the result is a nice ride with ample (not great, obviously) acceleration. The seats are a little uncomfortable and really lack lateral support.

Better than expected
By Ty on 03/19/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I first drove the hybrid, I expected it to be less powerful than a regular Civic. I was pleasantly surprised that it feels just as powerful to drive. A lot of new features in this years model.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.