Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda's are awesome
By E man

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have not had any major problems with my civic. It is a very reliable car and I truly enjoy driving it because it is sporty and economical at the same time. Not to mention, it just looks really cool!

Favorite Features

I love the interior design with the two-tiered instrument cluster as well as the premium Honda audio system that comes on the EX.

Suggested Improvements

A bit more horsepower would be nice, but then again, I didn't buy the car for super performance.....it was for economy and reliability which is definitely what I have with the civic.

Love my civic!
By missyD

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love love love this car! Extremely roomy for a 2dr, even though the back is kinda cramped but that's understandable. Love the navigation interface, speaker system is amazing. Great gas mileage. Handles great. I really have no complaints whatsoever. However, I wouldn't buy this car if it was a lower end model. The reason why I love this car is because its ex w/navi. I've seen the lower end models w/o navi and its nothing special compared to the ex.

Favorite Features

navigation system, sound system. the interior in general is great, love the exterior style too

Suggested Improvements

more comfy seats, better visors! bigger mirror with a light at least!

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

Favorite Features

The sound system on the EX is actually pretty decent. The A/C and heat is very powerful. The digital gauges are pretty cool too.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality control, better seat (no lumbar support), ability to make the seats lower (I am 6'3 and my head hits the roof.

Great Car (dependable)
By mmeyering

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in an auction never had a honda because of the price to but one, but really glad I bought it. It handles like a sports car. I hear a lot of complaints about power really?? it's a 1.8L but it really go good! The gas milage I can't complain like so of the others I get 38 most all the time. I have had no trouble at all for 2 years now bought it with 95k now have 140K. I have Good Year tires and this thing is like a snowmobile in the snow, never been stuck!

Favorite Features

Love the speedometer position no matter were your hand are on the wheel you can read it!! Great gas milage. Great handling in corners no body roll at all. There is a lot of room inside for a small car, I am 6ft and I think it sits good and is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

none.

Love this car!
By pjgallardo

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used by trading in a V-8 truck. The drive is awesome and smooth. Getting used to the limited vision, overall I'm very happy with everything so far. The power with acceleration was a pleasant surprise.

Favorite Features

Modern interior. MPG! V-Tech engine!

Suggested Improvements

None! I can't complain after having a 9-year old truck w/129,000 miles.