2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Good Car, but Quality Issues
By Keith on 08/26/07 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Generally a very good car. Great gas mileage, comfortable seats, decent acceleration with the 5spd manual, fits in tight city parking spots. The quality has been a disappointment. The map light didn't work from day one and way more annoying was a constant rattling from the rear passenger curtain airbag, also from day one. Dealership had my car for 4 DAYS and although the rattling has lessened, it's still there and very annoying. Seems Civics are hit or miss. Some get great quality cars, and some have them in the dealerships for service in the first month. Don't test drive any model. Test drive the car you're actually going to buy and check out everything!

Exceptional vehicle
By Aaron on 08/25/07 18:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very pleased with the quality and performance. I average about 35 mpg in a normal weeks driving on the interstate and in town. I do tend to drive a little faster than most people. I have got up to 41mpg while driving an average speed of 73 mph for over 500 miles but I was heading towards the midwest from the rocky mountains. A lot of compliments on the cars outside looks and inside looks. Everyone loves the navigation and I would not purchase another car without it. I am 6'3"215lbs and find plenty of room in this car. I don't think that I would be much bigger and drive this car though. I do not like the ipod hookup becuase it does not display song title or does not play all songs

This car is great
By Laurie on 07/30/07 11:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just got my new Civic and I love it! I had a 2000 Civic EX with no problems just decided after 7 1/2 years I wanted something new. I looked at a lot of cars and the Civic is still the best deal around. Love the navigation and steering wheels controls!

Can't go wrong
By J & K on 07/21/07 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased in May, already 4000 miles (two long road trips), couldn't be happier. Yes, there are faster, flashier cars out there, but for overall practicality you just can't beat the Civic. We're actually looking at getting another. It's true, close to 40 mpg on the highway, about 30 or so in town. Granted, it doesn't have the pep that some may desire, but heck, it's a 4-cylinder! The power, however, is plenty sufficient for merging onto the freeway, driving uphill, etc. And did I mention the gas mileage!? The EX of course has the sunroof as well as stereo controls on the steering wheel. The mp3 jack is a great feature as well. Honda is just doing it right. We love it.

Very pleased with the car
By warf0x0r on 07/18/07 10:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my '97 V6 Accord for this car because of the body style and fuel economy. I commute about 50 miles a day in some gridlock and still get about 33 miles a tank which is about a 33% improvement over the Accord. Interior has a sharp design and the exterior paint is nice as are the 16 inch rims. The dual level display is stylish and functional.

Incredibly Disappointed
By Former Civic Lover on 07/15/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got this car when my 2001 Civic EX coupe was totaled- I loved that car. I hate the new one. Terrible visibility due to blind spots, both in back of car and front- can't merge, or see pedestrians trying to cross the street. I thought I would get used to it, but no- even large SUVs have been in my blind spot in the interstate. The interior of the car is cheap- tons of scratches and I'm very careful. The paint is awful- tons of dings and scratches, and I live in the city- the car looks worse after 6 months than my 2001 Civic did after 6 years. Floor mats are the cheapest things ever- why the foam backing? I miss my old car so much, I'm thinking of trading my '07 for an '01!

Very pleased with my first Honda
By AGPhoto on 07/15/07 00:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I picked my Civic up after having an engine blowout on my SVT Focus. I needed a commuter car, and went shopping. I was impressed visually overall with the car, and fell in love with the interior. Went for a test drive, and was pretty much sold. There are very few things I don't like about the car, the biggest one shouldn't even be an issue because it's the reason the Si exists ( which is what I wanted, but couldn't afford at the time ). My other complaint is the legroom is just a bit short for me, another inch or two and it'd be perfect. ( I'm 6'3" ). Headroom is in short supply as well because of the sunroof. However, overall, I'm very very pleased.

I love my Civic
By kd,dayton ohio on 07/06/07 10:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the Civic for a week but I love it. I had been looking for a couple months and finally picked Civic. It's much quicker than I expected. This car drives great! The coupe may be a little tricky to get into for larger adults and the rear seat is out of the question for most adults. But almost everything else is great! The two tier dash board has grown on me, although I didn't care for it at first (too space ship). The car looks great. I have had loads of compliments. One lady said she thought it was an Acura. I've driven many different cars but the main reason for going with the Civic is the reliability. I expect this car to run great for many years to come.

Great Redesign - Love It!
By FriskieAnnie on 06/25/07 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Traded my 2001 Civic EX Coupe in on this car and I love it. Honda added so many great features - the '01 was a great car, but Honda has really hit the nail on the head with the '07 redesign. Everything I didn't have on my '01 and wanted I now have on my new '07, and then some - except for leather, heated seats. The 5 speed transmission and added HP were much needed. It's a great car, inside and out - my third Civic.

View from 10,000 miles
By Saki on 06/22/07 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My last car was a Hyundai Accent, so my Civic was quite a step up. I love my car. That said, there have been a few problems. The mileage was initially appalling. Used to getting 42mpg from a car only supposed to get 37, I thought the Civic would at least match it. After starting at 29, it was a slow climb to the lower thirties for 50/50 highway/city driving. I'm currently faring much better - sometimes 40 mpg highway. Mixed driving around 35-37, suburban/highway. Some trouble starting occasionally last winter. Dealer said it was normal for a Civic. The 100,000 mile Hyundai did better, so I found that a bit scary - or flat untrue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.