2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 7

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love Hondas
By MilesMom on 04/10/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. This is my fourth one and the CRX I owned had 213,000 miles on it when I upgraded to a new Honda and it was still going strong. I love the design of the 2007 Honda 2 dr coupe. I have had no big problems with it. The rear seat belt ripped and it was replaced at no charge last year. Most recent service was on 4/9/10 at Commonwealth Motors. I would recommend this dealer for service. The express service was done quickly and professionally. The service technician that wrote up the order was friendly and took the time to explain options to me. Waiting area was large and comfortable. Convenient location right off 495.

Buyer beware!
By benjen879 on 04/08/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This engine has a TSB on it for cracked engine block! Let me tell you now that it gives no warning, does not overheat or sound off any alarms. One day you are driving and the next thing you know you will have radiator fluid spewing out. Honda realizes that the problem was a "bad casting" of the engine block but since this problem only seems to start occurring (very conveniently for Honda may I add) around 70-80,000 miles (which is out of warranty) they will NOT help you fix it. We are talking about putting $7500.00 worth of new engine in your almost brand new car.

I think it's a pretty good car
By karringt on 03/07/10 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have to start with commenting on some reviews posted. If you are 6 ft tall or over and you are complaining that the car is too small that is your fault. You should have seen that. That's why they have Accords. I will also say that I am 4'11. I have no problems with the size of the car. I love the way it looks, I love the digital speedometer. I will say that it isn't the most comfortable of cars for a long drive. I do have back problems and after being in the car for 2 or 3 hours nonstop i start to stiffen up. I don't regularly make long trips though. I also am not terribly happy with the road noise but I know a lot of that is because it's a lightweight car. Overall, it's a great car.

Honda lack of quality now!
By andres on 03/07/10 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda lack of quality now, is is not what all people think. I just get rid of a 2007 civic. In the 3 years I had it for, I had to take it to the dealer to replace the Torque converter on the transmission, the stereo system replaced since it stopped working, the steering wheel replaced since it started to peel off, the battery wasn't charging as it should be. Lot of vibration on the engine while idling, and let me tell you that the MPG is not what you think, only 24 mpg on the city at most and 29 at highway. The dealer keep telling me there was nothing wrong with the car until I took it time after time to them to fix it. in addition paint gets chips and scratched easily, gets dented easyly.

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe A/T
By anonymous on 02/16/10 15:21 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for over 2 years and I absolutely love it! Of course, like every car, it has its quirks, but all in all it's a great car. 40,000 rolled up last week, and it's still tight as a drum. It does have several rattles, but they have gone away with time. I LOVE that I only have to change the oil about every 6,500 miles rather than 3,000 (the Maintenance Minder system even tells you when it's time to change the oil). I have the coupe, and the trunk is surprisingly roomy. I do about 90% city driving and get about 34-36 MPG. The car also holds up well in accidents; I've been rear ended and clipped in the front, and both times the car had less than $500 worth of damage.

Less than I hoped
By jason on 01/29/10 05:54 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sheet metal is very thin, going through a carwash sounds like the roof is going to blow off. Paint quality is low, scratches / chips easily. After 32K miles I am getting rust on the the front of the hood. Wet and dry traction is good, but winter driving is poor, car does not hold the road well at highway speeds, even with additional weight. Weatherstrip on rear doors has fallen off a couple times. Glad to have only leased the vehicle and not purchased it. Gas mileage was listed at 28/40 , but average is about 30, with 70% highway miles. Highway mileage is mid 30's when driving with traffic.

I love my Honda
By Ness on 01/21/10 21:30 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda! Its great for going on little adventures to far towns... The gas mileage is awesome...My 4 cly gets up and goes good and I LOVE MY NAVIGATION! I use it all the time! Its got me out of being lost many times LOL! Its a great car for people in the 18-30 range and not past 6 foot... The windshield is huge and its very aero dynamic which I seriously think it helps with better gas mileage but im not sure. I did have the defective sun visors and it stinks! Especially in sunny Arizona.

Good small car
By kathy on 01/07/10 12:46 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned this Civic for 2 years. I love the handling of this car. It hugs the road, the dash , but the seats are very uncomfortable. The complaint I have heard of others about Hondas is comfort only. It is reliable, is great on road & gas mileage, but if you like comfort the seats won't do it for you. Too bad Honda can't figure out how the torso would be more comfy in their seats- the only drawback.

Great mileage
By keith on 01/01/10 02:01 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded Kia Sorrento during gas crunch... should have kept trade-in despite bad mileage. Honda is quite noisy all around & not at all comfortable on long drives. Getting in & out of car is a chore for taller(& older) people. Fuel economy(40-45 mpg) & acceleration are excellent. Switching back to SUV. I'd rather be comfortable & pay more for fuel. Civic hybrid makes a good commuter car.

2 Year Ownership
By mb0130 on 12/28/09 10:25 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle because I needed one - before kids. It's better if you don't have kids. All I can fit in the trunk is a stroller and a portable crib and not much else. The ride was ok at first, but it has gotten worse. Recently, the bars on the gas gauge go up and down. I have had to replace the sun visors because the heat split the plastic and wouldn't allow them to close. The radio a couple of times has gone out for a minute and then will come back on and once the car wouldn't turn over and nothing was wrong with it. The up and down shift is also not the greatest in the automatic. Sometimes I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to get up speed to get on the highway.