Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Honda customer support/warranty....fool me once!
By 53classic

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 16,000 km's, the transmission in our new 2007 Civic broke down. Honda claimed that this was due to abuse! My wife and I have driven manual cars for many years....we are both in our 50's and do not abuse our cars. Honda refused to accept any blame and we were forced to pay a $4,000 repair bill. We had no support from anyone at Honda - not the dealer or Honda Canada. Would they consider cost sharing the repair bill or giving us a break on the parts or labour cost? NO! Our lease is now up - the Honda dealer called to see if we wanted to lease another Civic....Are you kidding me?? Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me! Never again.

Can't think of any after our experience with Honda warranty....happy to be saying good-bye to Honda. They said good-bye to us at 16,000 km's.

Honda needs to support their customers and honor their warranty.

Practical Daily Driver
By robliski

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Civic EX Coupe since Sep '06. This is an excellent car for the daily commute as it gives a decent MPG but this is completely dependant on your driving style: If you drive agressive then kiss the MPG goodbye but if you drive more mellow then you'll be very pleased. It's a bit stiff which is normal for Honda. The handling is really good for a front wheel drive. The part that always irritates me about this car is: 1) I am always thirsty for torque, and 2) The transmission is sometimes a bit lazy to shift down. So when you take it on a trip, when you get to the hills, you can't use cruise control at all; the tranny is constantly downshifting gasping for torque.

Reliability of this car is excellent. The sound system rocks. The interior design and finish is very nice. Cabin air filter can be changed very easily; in 5 minutes.

Torque could improve. Tranny is sometimes cluncky.

Do not buy this car!
By fhiebel

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Unfortunately at this point I would say do not buy a Honda car. I have been a loyal Honda owner for over 20 years but Honda has dug their own grave with this car and battery issue and their lack of customer support! Just go out and read all the issues that people have had with the IMA recall and battery issues for this car. Very unhappy customer.

Honda should stick to honoring their warranties and not ruin their good name like this.

Good mpg and very reliable
By Anonymous

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car new in 2007. Never gave us a single problem in the past 3 years. Averaged MPG at 43. In pure highway, can get to 50+. Battery is reprogrammed a few months ago. It feels ok with reduced capacity and power. Some mentioned battery problems in hot places though.

Good mpg and spacious interior

Folding rear seat and larger battery.

Tire Wear
By Amanda

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car brand new. Since I have replaced the tires twice. I have the tires rotated every other oil change and the guys at the shop say they have uneven wear. The rear tires are very noisy. I have had the alignment checked several times and its ok. It seems to be a factory defect. Also my sun visor broke. Honda needs to do a recall on this model year because I will never purchase another Honda if they're no going to stand behind their product. Very Unhappy Customer.