2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Machine
By greenroom1988 on 09/02/07 07:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Honda has kept with their roots and made the most impressive car in its class. there are a few cars that may go faster becasue of larger engines and/or turbos. this 2.0 dohc i-vtec engine screams all the way to 8000 rpms and will smoke the competion that hasnt cheated by adding v6 or forced induction motors. The torgue is low for a performace car, but nontheless the car is zippy and the speed sneaks up on you. The 6 speed has short gears and pulls in all of them. The interior is very unique and some may not like it, but I feel right at home. It's a performance car, not meant for the average driver. Obviously I just got this car, so I cant say how the reliablitly is, but it's a Honda..enough said.

Not built like they used to be
By 07 Civic SI Sedan on 08/27/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I'm a bit disappointed with my 07 SI Sedan. I've had several problems with it. Tons and tons of interior rattles that can never be fixed, buzzing in the speakers, and now my 2nd gear is grinding like crazy. 2nd and 3rd gear issues are VERY common on these cars, and I'm now having trouble engaging 2nd gear at high RPMs, which is where the SI lives. The car is fun to drive, although it doesn't deliver what it should for its price. At almost 5k cheaper, you get the cobalt SS/ion redline with more performance. For a mere 1-2 thousand more, you get the mazdaspeed3/GTI which has a LOT more spunk and refinement to it. I would suggest checking out the Mazdaspeed3/gti before buying the Honda, sadly.

It's all show, no go
By djwilson on 08/24/07 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car lacks power. You have to really "drive it like you hate it" to keep up with traffic. Most of its power is reserved at 6000 to 8000 rpm. Who wants to thrash their car trying to keep up with a mini-van or a truck. This car is an economy car without getting good mileage or a cheap price. The six-speed tranny shifts good, but in this car with its lack of torque, you are shifting every few seconds. It is loud inside the car too. I find myself saying “what” a lot while on the freeway. I have had the car less than a month and the seats are a magnet for lint and dirt. The paint seems to scratch very easily. The car rides like it has not shocks.

Fabulous Car
By terrapax on 08/22/07 09:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my Si for nearly a month. I also test drove the normal Civic, and that was fine, but the Si is a fab little car. For both tooling around town and for road trips, it's a whole lotta fun to drive. The trunk space is great, and the backseats are spacious. I love the shifting and the dashboard design. I don't love the spoiler, but I'm getting used to it. I wish the Si got better gas mileage, but with this kind of power, I get what I'd expect. There are a lot of little design features--details--that are classy and practical. I absolutely love this car.

A fun to drive compact sedan
By FmrS2KDvr on 08/21/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic Si is a well-rounded economy sedan with some great performance features...a 4-door S2000 it clearly is not, but you can easily see the design influences throughout the car. Ergonomics are fantastic for a car in this class...the steering is very good, shifter is better than 90% of all sporty cars out there, and handling is better than I expected. Seats take some getting used to...I almost yanked mine and installed Recaros during the first week of ownership...but got used to them after a 1600 mile drive. Overall, I am very pleased with the car.

Best Car Ever
By ryanj1178 on 08/13/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this in Nighthawk Black. Has the full body kit from Honda and aftermarket exhaust from Injen. One test drive and you will be hooked. The handling is outstanding would never know it is front wheel drive. On top of that this car loves to be driven quick and it drives like a rocket. i have averaged 29 mpg in mixed driving including fast starts and high speed stints. The interior is typical Honda quality with everything looking very refined. I do not know of any car that comes close to the SI in terms of the complete package.

What a blast!
By Puzman on 08/06/07 13:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my 3rd Civic (85 DX, 91 Si). For around 20K, this car is an unbeatable value. The drivetrain is incredible- smooth shifts (with the exception of 5th-6th) and the engine spins like a turbine. Rev to the top of the tach and you get a crazy rush of acceleration; its more addictive than crack. Cornering is flat and direct, the handling and the build are very tight, the stereo and interior are great (I happen to like the digital speedo), the seats are incredibly comfy, and the fuel economy has been great (two fills thus far- 27.5mpg and 29mpg avg). Top that with Honda's reputation for reliability and this is a no-brainer.

Loves Si
By teachermanwSI on 08/05/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Sheer driving pleasure! I absolutely love this car. The sound system is great, the torque and horsepower are excellent. It will stick you in your seat. This car will rip! I am like a kid, can hardly sleep. I want to move further away from work so i can spend more driving time to and from. So glad i bought this awesome car. (No, it's not a Beemer - stop asking.)

Si 4dr - great car
By bf04 on 08/01/07 06:16 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First time buying Honda. I chose the Si since I wanted something of a sporty car. I really like the seats and I have never had as much fun driving a car as this one. Gas mileage is good, handling is great.

Near perfect car
By Jeff C on 07/31/07 07:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This thing is incredible. I loved my 2003 Acura RSX-S, but this is a step up. Yes, a step UP. It has more sophisticated technology, better build quality, more of the "it" factor, and it's my daily driver. I still love my K20s, and this car is built so well around it, I am pleased to say that I've never owned a car as satisfying as this. Get the navi, you will regret it if you don't buy it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.