Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I LOVE this car!!
By hankyjackz

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I had given lots of thought as to what car I really wanted and this was one of the main options, with the others being 1.BMW M3, 2.Mitsub. Evo IX, and the IS300.. I can in all honesty say I would not trade my car for none of those (well, maybe the m3 :-). It simply has the best of all worlds: Interior/exterior design, FUEL MILEAGE (I'm getting 30+MPG consistently), features, reliability, cost of Aft.Market parts, love the stock rims so don't have to buy aftermarket ones (Will paint them black with red lip though). Everything about it excites me and that transmission.. OMG awesome! cant get enough of it.. If you are thinking about buying one, don't hesitate and DO IT!

Favorite Features

EVERYTHING!! transmission is awesome!! (After 3rd gear was repaired - All Honda 6speed trannies have a problem in w the 2nd to 3rd gear synchro, but theres a TSB out and the dealer fixed it for free)

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any! for the price, this car is a steal!

tranny
By transmission

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Honda came out with a fix for the transmission issue on the 06 -08 civic si. I had to call American Honda in order to get the people at Honda to service my car. So people who owns a si, please contact your dealer and hopefully this is a recall.

Favorite Features

i v-tec

Suggested Improvements

fix your transmission asap

The Price makes it great!
By themanindbox

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have owned my civic for 10 months, it has been very, very good to me. It has the typical 3rd gear issue, but if you go to the dealership with this (08-020) Service bulletin they will fix it free of charge. I average about 28 mpg in NYC which is great. In Ohio i was getting closer to 40 mpg on the highway. The MPG is better then my co-workers smart car, and it is much better looking as well. It has terrible blind spots, and the factory head lights are terrible. The stock radio is "ok" and replacing it is a nightmare. But for a stock car at the 20 grand mark. There is nothing more fun, or better to drive. It can use some more torque.

Favorite Features

Vtec, figi blue, build quality, reliability, MPG, seats (front), trunk space, handling, breaking, 20-60 acceleration. 8k redline.

Suggested Improvements

HID headlight from factory, optional 16" wheels (NYC potholes suck), a way to turn off the VSC, not just traction control, a way to shut off DayTimeRunningLights, a longer 6th gear for better MPG on highway, some more torque, A turbo option!?!?!?!?

Transmission issue
By Hondata

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I own a 2007 civic si sedan, bought it brand new and the first few weeks i started to have a tranny problem on 3rd gear and took it back to the dealership and they wouldn't fix it and its still under warranty. They just told me to wait and will give me a call, and it's been 8 months and no call from them and no fixture. I know that theres more cars out there that has the same problem.

Favorite Features

love the v tec sound and stock exhaust

Suggested Improvements

get new car

Think Twice Before Buying A Honda
By Buyer Beware

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the Civic Si sedan for not even a year (13K miles on it). Shifting to third is notchy and it feels like there is something blocking the shifter from engaging third. The passenger airbag off indicator comes one when nothing is in the passenger seat. The indicator is supposed to be off when there is nothing in the seat but because there are no error codes registered when the light comes on the engineers at American Honda said there is nothing wrong with the car and refuse to authorize any repairs. On at least 5 occasions nothing happened when I turned the key to start the car. The starter spins but does not engage.

Favorite Features

The car is fun to drive but that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Improve customer service. The transmission problem is well known with the Si but American Honda refuses to fix it. The air bag indicator is not being fixed because the Engineers at American Honda came to the conclusion there is nothing wrong with the car. Don't buy a Honda.