2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Get your Money's Worth.
By ML.pha on 11/03/08 00:45 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Civic for just a bit over 1 yr. now. Not ecstatic, but I'm satisfied with what it has to offer. GREAT on fuel! Not to small or too big of a sedan and the price is worth it for what you'll be getting in the long run. Look how great '94 civics are running now days, right? They look almost as close to nice as Acura's TSX- for what your paying for a Honda Civic, it will be well worth it in the future. I'm still enjoying.

Impulse buy but still smart!
By HItoCA on 10/05/08 02:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I was on my way to Costco for milk when I saw this car, test drove it, and bought it on impulse, it replaced a 2004 Scion xB. I love the ext/int styling but wish the trunk was a lil bigger for boxes. love the interior, however, beige gets dirty so easily. Great Handling, Amazing brakes, awesome stereo, love the aux input. I wish i would've opted for the updated pkg with nav/bluetooth/trunk opener/sun roof. One thing, I get a weird rattling from my trunk, and my front left brake had a piece melt off of it, but it was replaced/fixed instantly by Honda no questions asked. Great purchase and I can't wait for the 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid! I average about 475 Miles per tank

A great deal and even better purchase
By Love My Honda on 09/16/08 19:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We bought our 2007 Honda Civic EX Sedan to replace a 2002 Toyota Prius. Being life long Loyal Toyota drivers, it was a big change going to Honda. It is one of the best decisions we have ever made. The fuel economy is better than we expected. We average 35 mpg. And the styling is great. It is a peppy car that is fun to be in. Whether you're 20 or 50 it doesn't matter, the car fits anyone. The blue color is amazing and the extras are great. We have had no mechanical or cosmetic problems with our civic. It's easy to say that we will be repeat Honda buyers.

Thought I had bought perfect ca. Wrong!
By zammy Heads on 09/03/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought I never thought I had to see a mechanic again for a long time . Wrong. I had minor and major problems. Although I still love my Civic. Maybe it happens 1 in 1000 I don't know. Hope it's not a lemon. First had to go back to replace split sun visor. Then battery. ( some times when starting engines makes a zzzzzzzrrrrrr sound. And engines does not start.) dealer adviser told me battery was changed. It won't happen again. Wrong still same . But I gave up on that. Second I had to have my Civic towed to dealer with tensioner belt, tensioner bolt, water pump and don't know what else. That day I wondered myself if I had bought a lemon car.

Trusty Honda
By marcusjd on 08/14/08 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We've had our Civic lx (4dr a/t) for a year and a half, 26,000 miles on it. The car is quiet with very little road noise. Gas mileage is not as advertised on the window sticker (30 city 40 hwy). Rather I'm getting about 24 mpg combined city/hwy feathering the gas pedal. The gas mileage got better after 18 or 19,000 miles, averaging 28 mpg combined. After about 20,000 miles the bumps and holes feel harsher. As the car racks up miles the fuel economy gets better but ride quality doesn't. The driver's side sun visor split in half and, it didn't want to stay closed it was replaced under warranty. Overall the car is fun to drive with zippy handling and performance. Interior and exterior design is great.

Heaven to drive; hell to park!
By William Ream on 08/02/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've had "Spunky" for less than a year now. Blessings and curses with this metallic blue 2007 Civic sedan are the topic. Inside & outside, this car looks and feels sweet. Sporty yet business worthy, family functional yet mid-life crisis soothing, fuel efficient yet spunky -- I thought this car had it all! The blessings are exactly what Honda would have you to realize...save a buck and fly like a buck through the woods! The curses? Wheel seals to rims: constantly failing while parked on slight lateral inclines. Major cost issue (not under warranty!): the under-carriage shield/bumper assembly fails to clear wheel stops in parking lots causing it to gradually break joints and disengage. Bad!!

Great on Gas AND Fun to Drive!
By Jeff on 07/23/08 12:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I drive Highway @ 55-60 mph, I average 35 miles/gallon. Fun to drive and very dependable It's a Honda!

Love the car!
By Geosh on 07/11/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got an LX Sedan (didn't want the sunroof on the EX) and LOVE the car. Plenty of room for all my friends, well, 4 of them anyway. Car is very comfortable and the gas mileage is fantastic. The only thing I wish was better is the AC. I live in Phoenix and it takes a little while for the AC to overcome some of the 115* days we have. Once it gets going, or on cooler days, it works perfect. Overall I love the car and would highly recommend it to anyone.

2007 Honda Civic EX
By David on 07/04/08 07:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Seats are uncomfortable, but other than that, love the vehicle, gets a combined city/hwy MPG of about 32, which isn't bad.

Design
By Daveg on 06/29/08 11:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

While aerodynamic and, therefore, economical, I'm not sure the design team tried to parallel park this car or do any mundane tasks. It is impossible to "see"any corners when parking. Today I tried to replace my NYS registration sticker in the lower left corner of the front window. I am going to have to make a trip to the dealer's to get the old sticker glue off as I cannot get my hand/fingers in to razor off the old glue.Guess I should add the extra trip to my gas mileage rating! Perhaps Consumer Reports should hire non-car people to review cars. This is my 3rd Honda Civic and MY LAST. Wish I could get a call from the design team or Consumer Reports. I fill them in on practical concerns.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.