Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

So far so good
By SPG

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car- 60k now, about 34 mpg w/ 60% highway. Peppy and fun to drive. Too much road noise- replaced OEM tires-that helped- worn out @40K anyway. No maintenance except oil change and just did front brake pads. Front seats need to be a little longer and more back support.

mileage, digital speedometer, peppy, exterior styling

too much road noise, seat comfort,

Cheap Piece of Junk
By greendaisy

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a Brand New Civic LX 2007 4dr. Sedan. It has 57,000 miles on it now. It is made cheaply. The sun visor has fallen apart 2 times, the first time 3 months after I purchased it. The battery goes dead all the time and leaves me stranded , I have had it checked several times and they said nothing is wrong with it. I finely just replaced the battery, car is only 3 years old battery should still be good. It is the worst riding car I have ever had, I have replaced the tires with better tires, that help a little bit. I will never buy a Honda again, I am very disappointed with this car.

None do not buy this car

Stop making cheap cars, its a piece of Junk.

The new General motors
By Eaglemech

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has the attitude that General Motors has. Had a 2007 honda civic and thought it was a good car until I traded it. with all the problems people are having with there Civics including cracked engine blocks, thought it was a good time to get rid of mine. I had over 81,000 miles, and no warranty. I traded the civic for a Kia Forte SX FOR $15,900.00, $800.00 cheaper than I paid for my Civic LX. The Forte is much better then the Civic not only because of the price. Comes with features not offered on the Honda, and is fun to drive and less road noise. averaging 32 to 35 mpg with the 2.4 engine and 6 speed tranny.

None

Quality

Stop Complaining
By DL

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have put 76,000 miles on this car since it has been new. At first the road noise is bad, the stock tires stink, I replaced with General Altimax HP tires. These reduced road noise considerably. As for the several recalls on this car, I give Honda credit for issuing recalls on items that could easily be passed on to the consumer after the warranty period. Simply put this is a great car with a few flaws, but you get what you pay for. I wanted a very reliable car that was affordable and that is what I got. Plus its design allows me to preform most routine maintenance myself.

Reliability, looks, ease of maintenance. The aftermarket stereo I installed.

Fix small rattles in the car. Better quality factory tires.

Ok but not as good as they use to be
By k.singh

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have 50k miles at 500 miles cv boot was replaced at 12k miles there was lot of road noise but it was linked to rpm. Dealer replaced my water pump under warranty and that fixed the problem. At 40k miles there was road noise - had to replace the front bearing without warranty. There was recall on rear bearings but not on front. Inside door handles broke. Ton of recalls. Overall it is not bad car - no major problems I have traveled across country multiple times. Only complain is that on hills it has hard time keeping up with speed limit; forcing me to go into slow lane. 30 mpg city 40 highway. I will not recommend because for same money you can buy better brand car.

MPG ipod hookup display. wipers.

quality of car - materials are very cheap and it shows. rubber on doors has been obliterated.

• SUV