Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Buyer beware!
By benjen879

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This engine has a TSB on it for cracked engine block! Let me tell you now that it gives no warning, does not overheat or sound off any alarms. One day you are driving and the next thing you know you will have radiator fluid spewing out. Honda realizes that the problem was a "bad casting" of the engine block but since this problem only seems to start occurring (very conveniently for Honda may I add) around 70-80,000 miles (which is out of warranty) they will NOT help you fix it. We are talking about putting $7500.00 worth of new engine in your almost brand new car.

Favorite Features

None! Do not buy this car!

Suggested Improvements

Stop trying to build cheaper cars and passing off lemons to the consumers. Honda's reliability is a joke!

I think it's a pretty good car
By karringt

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have to start with commenting on some reviews posted. If you are 6 ft tall or over and you are complaining that the car is too small that is your fault. You should have seen that. That's why they have Accords. I will also say that I am 4'11. I have no problems with the size of the car. I love the way it looks, I love the digital speedometer. I will say that it isn't the most comfortable of cars for a long drive. I do have back problems and after being in the car for 2 or 3 hours nonstop i start to stiffen up. I don't regularly make long trips though. I also am not terribly happy with the road noise but I know a lot of that is because it's a lightweight car. Overall, it's a great car.

Favorite Features

digital speedometer, aux for mp3s, gas miser, protection in crashes. i was in a pretty bad crash recently. i feel like if i had been in any other car i would have been seriously hurt.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe make the seats a little more comfortable. Reducing road noise would be great.

Honda lack of quality now!
By andres

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda lack of quality now, is is not what all people think. I just get rid of a 2007 civic. In the 3 years I had it for, I had to take it to the dealer to replace the Torque converter on the transmission, the stereo system replaced since it stopped working, the steering wheel replaced since it started to peel off, the battery wasn't charging as it should be. Lot of vibration on the engine while idling, and let me tell you that the MPG is not what you think, only 24 mpg on the city at most and 29 at highway. The dealer keep telling me there was nothing wrong with the car until I took it time after time to them to fix it. in addition paint gets chips and scratched easily, gets dented easyly.

Favorite Features

exterior and interior since it started to be left behind the competitors.

Suggested Improvements

better quality of materials in engine transmission, inside car,

Less than I hoped
By jason

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sheet metal is very thin, going through a carwash sounds like the roof is going to blow off. Paint quality is low, scratches / chips easily. After 32K miles I am getting rust on the the front of the hood. Wet and dry traction is good, but winter driving is poor, car does not hold the road well at highway speeds, even with additional weight. Weatherstrip on rear doors has fallen off a couple times. Glad to have only leased the vehicle and not purchased it. Gas mileage was listed at 28/40 , but average is about 30, with 70% highway miles. Highway mileage is mid 30's when driving with traffic.

Favorite Features

Love the interior and the dash/instrument cluster. Big wow factor here, and wish I could get this design in more vehicles. Floor console is also very useful and full of features. Car is very fun to drive in all weather except winter.

Suggested Improvements

Better quality paint and rustproofing.

I love my Honda
By Ness

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my Honda! Its great for going on little adventures to far towns... The gas mileage is awesome...My 4 cly gets up and goes good and I LOVE MY NAVIGATION! I use it all the time! Its got me out of being lost many times LOL! Its a great car for people in the 18-30 range and not past 6 foot... The windshield is huge and its very aero dynamic which I seriously think it helps with better gas mileage but im not sure. I did have the defective sun visors and it stinks! Especially in sunny Arizona.

Favorite Features

Navigation, sound system and oh and don't let me forget one reason why i picked my car out... The SUNROOF! It also gives you a percentage of your oil level...

Suggested Improvements

Sun Visors, Put another pocket on the back of the drivers seat because there is only one on the passenger seat.