2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great Hybrid!
By tseibel on 06/03/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great hybrid! I have averaged 49.9 in the first 3200 miles. Great car! My only complaint so far is that I have been getting the IMA light, battery light, check engine light. The dealer reset everything, so we'll see. Otherwise, it is a great car! As long as you drive conservatively, it is not hard to get 50+ mpg. My last two tanks have been 51.5 and 53. Great car, good buy.

Hybrid Heaven
By dochollywood on 06/03/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is the best I have ever owned. I am getting between 55-60 mpg, seriously. I am driving around 60 mph and try to coast as much as possible, especially down hill. This car handles great and is really fun to drive. Much better than the Prius if you ask me, and I have driven them both.

Best Hybrid 2007 Honda Civic
By Jerry Coleman on 05/30/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best gas milage car I have ever owned.Took it on a long trip.Got 45 miles per gallon Highway driving.Same good milage in city.Handlig was great. Turning radius very short.Has so many little features that are great

TRADED IN BENZ FOR CIVIC HYBRID
By Dennis Ang on 05/28/07 03:33 AM (PDT)

I just bought a 2007 MB C230 first week of May 07, after 2 weeks, traded in the car for a Civic Hybrid with navi system. Had to learn a whole new driving method, enabling me to average 45-55mpg highway and city mixed driving. The interior feels well made and thought out. The lay out of the control panel is user friendly. I test drove the Prius and compared it with the Civic hybrid; the Civic has more accessible lay out. The Prius felt like an office desk on wheels. Was able to upgrade the interior with leather... the shiny Silver leather made the interior 200% more attractive!!! The handling of this car was better than my recent MB C230. Audio is great, with aux input for mp3 players.

This car gets great gas mileage
By dochollywood on 05/21/07 12:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had the car for a week, driven about 400 miles. The onboard computer says I am getting about 53 mpg, and I still have a little under half a tank left, so it seems like it is right on the money. And everyone says that it gets better gas mileage as you put on more miles, so believe it, this car can easily get 50 mpg if you drive like you are supposed to and don't try keeping up with the gas guzzlers going 75 mph on the freeway. I average about 60 mph on freeway and do both city and highway driving, and 53 mpg is the average of both.

I'll never drive a regular car again
By hybridconvert on 05/20/07 14:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Once you've driven a hybrid, there really is no reason to drive a regular car again. The gas mileage is better, it's cleaner, and saves you money. Why anyone would turn down a hybrid is a mystery to me. I average 47 mpg combined city/hwy. Hybrids, like any car, force you to try to get the mileage by driving sensibly. Just by keeping freeway speeds under 70 rather than my usual 75-85 added 6 or 7 mpg to my average. You have to want it and be conscious of it to achieve the high mpg range.

Grandpap
By sirrdavid on 05/15/07 09:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The more miles the car gets, the better miles per gallon. Yes you have to drive like Grandpap to receive the below. At 55 miles per hour when it was new: 53 highway and city mpg. At 5 months old: 69 highway/59.5 city mpg. I never let the tach go over 3k rpm.

Civic
By Krista on 05/10/07 20:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love the new Honda Civic Hybrid. This Civic rides much better than by 2003 and is a reliable car. Never had a problem with it and I average about 43 miles to the gallon.

Great Car
By Pat on 05/10/07 05:39 AM (PDT)

Love this car. We have owned this car for about 1 month now. On average we are getting 47mpg city, and 51 on the highway. Not only does it exceed my expectations on the mileage, its quality, looks and drivability are outstanding as well. Plenty of power for passing and high speed driving. The Navi system is outstanding. I wish is that the color combinations were better. I wanted a white car and could only get a tan interior. I wanted a darker color.

The trick is to drive like a grandmother
By sirrdavid on 05/07/07 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The more miles the car gets on the odometer the better gas mileage is achieved. Important point The car's computer gas mileage is off by 4-5 miles. In a hybrid, the trick is to drive like a grandmother.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.