Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A great little car
By Mary Hanning

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When gas prices started moving higher and higher, I started thinking about upgrading to a hybrid. As a very satisfied Civic owner, I decided to try out a Civic Hybrid. It was love at first drive. The engine is extremely quiet, yet quickly responds and seamlessly transfers power between the gas engine and electric motor. I could not be more pleased with the gas mileage. On average, I get 48 miles to the gallon on my 22 mile highway commute. I would recommend the car to anyone who wants a more green ride, yet does not want to sacrifice comfort and style.

Steering wheel--much more adjustable than my '02 Civic. Also smaller in diameter which makes it easier to steer. Dashboard--I love the easier to read display and windshield which is raked at an extreme angle. It makes the interior feel much larger. Trunk size-huge-even with battery pack.

Center console is awkward to access. The hole to put the key in is obscured by the steering wheel and can be difficult to find at night. I don't like how battery performance (and therefore gas mileage) is lessened by colder temperatures in Colorado in the winter.

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Warning
By Christine Wagner

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Honda is aware of an issue with the control arm, however, they are not giving a recall notice. I was told they are not making the owners aware of the problem, because it is "intermittent". I went in for an oil change and tire rotation at 14,000 miles, and was told that the inspection indicator on the dash was requesting that a full vehicle inspection be conducted. Since my gas mileage had gone from 41 mpg to 34 mpg, I agreed to pay the $150.00 to Sunnyside Honda in Parma OH for the inspection. I was told that the control arm was defective and that both rear tires also needed to be replaced as a result. The dealership would only replace the control arm and not the rear tires.

My life before I purchased this car.

To all that read this, I hope you will get the control arm checked. This is a grave safety issue and Honda Motors is severely negligent to its Honda owners. Personally, I feel their customer care philosophy, is customer care"less". FYI, Honda customer relations would not replace the tires also.

50+ MPG!
By mochaman

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is excellent in build quality and design. I drive 46 highway mi round trip and average 52 mpg with 64 mpg being my best under ideal conditions. If you relearn how to drive, anticipate stops (so you do not have to), coast downhill starting just before the Crest, etc. You can really improve on your Miles. It took me about a month of a feather touch on the throttle but if I can maintain 45-50 in moderate traffic I can achieve 60 mpg. If I drive More city routes or drive it like a normal car than my mileage drops to an average 40-45. Great car, comfortable drivers seat, excellent ergonomics, navi is a plus.

Voice activated commands, PC card slot makes my iPod obsolete since the memory can be expanded cheaply!

sunglass case, homelink

Very Happy Honda Hybrid Owner
By sooziesdad

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so glad I bought this car. I have a one-way 53 mile commute everyday. Most of it is on the highway, and this car is doing great. I get 43-46 miles per gallon; more if I don't push it over 70. It is not the most comfortable car in the world over longer distances. Other than that, the cockpit feel is pretty cool. I love the jack to hook up my I-pod (I've listened to a whole bunch of books on tape), and the trunk space fits my golf clubs and that's good enough for me.

Seating can be more comfortable.

It's a Civic
By mhbthr71

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I put a lot of miles on any car and purchased soley on the gas mileage. Traded in my Element which now I wish I still had. After driving the Civic for 9 months now, I am not so thrilled. Gas mileage average 38-42 mph, but the car is not comfortable at all. The seats are hard and very limited adjustments to try and make them comfortable. No cup holders in back or arm rest in back. What was Honda thinking. Basically, I feel this is a way overpriced commuting machine. Not kid friendly, not long trip friendly. Honda also falls short in the "fun to drive" catagory. Corners horrribly, tire squeal. Listen, I don't drive like Mario Andretti. I was suprised at the poor handling.

It's Green.... 40-45 mpg/highway on a warm sunny day with no wind.

Better seats. Cup holders/arm rest in back.