2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 6

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Cheap Piece of Junk
By greendaisy on 07/27/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a Brand New Civic LX 2007 4dr. Sedan. It has 57,000 miles on it now. It is made cheaply. The sun visor has fallen apart 2 times, the first time 3 months after I purchased it. The battery goes dead all the time and leaves me stranded , I have had it checked several times and they said nothing is wrong with it. I finely just replaced the battery, car is only 3 years old battery should still be good. It is the worst riding car I have ever had, I have replaced the tires with better tires, that help a little bit. I will never buy a Honda again, I am very disappointed with this car.

The new General motors
By Eaglemech on 06/14/10 05:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has the attitude that General Motors has. Had a 2007 honda civic and thought it was a good car until I traded it. with all the problems people are having with there Civics including cracked engine blocks, thought it was a good time to get rid of mine. I had over 81,000 miles, and no warranty. I traded the civic for a Kia Forte SX FOR $15,900.00, $800.00 cheaper than I paid for my Civic LX. The Forte is much better then the Civic not only because of the price. Comes with features not offered on the Honda, and is fun to drive and less road noise. averaging 32 to 35 mpg with the 2.4 engine and 6 speed tranny.

Stop Complaining
By DL on 05/22/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have put 76,000 miles on this car since it has been new. At first the road noise is bad, the stock tires stink, I replaced with General Altimax HP tires. These reduced road noise considerably. As for the several recalls on this car, I give Honda credit for issuing recalls on items that could easily be passed on to the consumer after the warranty period. Simply put this is a great car with a few flaws, but you get what you pay for. I wanted a very reliable car that was affordable and that is what I got. Plus its design allows me to preform most routine maintenance myself.

Never buy a Honda again
By Honda Sucks on 05/14/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4000 miles in the shop week 2 left rear bearing went out, wk 3 needed new tires, airbags defaulted, most uncomfortable seat/steering wheel adjustment, battery, poor stereo/cd audio, I purchased the LX for me and ab ex for my daughter. I will take a Nissan any day, the customer service was good, the car disappoints.

Ok but not as good as they use to be
By k.singh on 05/06/10 02:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have 50k miles at 500 miles cv boot was replaced at 12k miles there was lot of road noise but it was linked to rpm. Dealer replaced my water pump under warranty and that fixed the problem. At 40k miles there was road noise - had to replace the front bearing without warranty. There was recall on rear bearings but not on front. Inside door handles broke. Ton of recalls. Overall it is not bad car - no major problems I have traveled across country multiple times. Only complain is that on hills it has hard time keeping up with speed limit; forcing me to go into slow lane. 30 mpg city 40 highway. I will not recommend because for same money you can buy better brand car.

An outstanding care
By Rick on 04/21/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Albeit, I just purchased this car, it has been a blast to drive. Impressive from the onset. I've had Mustang Cobras, Corvettes and so on and this car ranks right up there. It truly is the perfect car. Fits 5, good on gas, power when you need it and second glance looks. I've looked at Cobalt SS's (horrible build quality and interior is a joke), Caliber SRT not up to par, and would rank this equal with the Mazdaspeed 3. I'm now a Honda guy.

Still going strong (update)
By ryanj1178 on 04/19/10 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought brand new in 2007, the car now has 44,000 miles on it and drives the same. Have not had any issues whatsoever. Look forward to the next 44,000 miles.

A good buy
By aengberg on 04/17/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is fun to drive, and a great commuter car. It is extremely reliable. I put over 25,000 a year on it, and have had no problems with it. It is not a luxury car, but it is sporty, and performs well. I would recommend this car for a young person looking for a fun and reliable car. Like I said it is not a luxury car, so if you want something smooth, and comfortable you might want to spend a little more and look at an Acura. Dollar for dollar, it is one of the best cars on the market.

Great purpose built car!
By KG on 04/16/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am completely enamored with my Honda. This is coming from a guy who had a jeep cherokee 4x4 as his previous vehicle. This car served me as well in San Diego as it did in the cold weather in Boston. Snow tires and a 5 speed manual made this car a joy to drive in the snow. The car started every morning regardless of how cold it was. Owners who complain about this car didn't understand what they were buying. The car is 20 grand brand new-one shouldn't expect Porsche-like build quality and materials for that price. Another unjustified complaint people have is the 'surprisingly low' mpg. This is what happens when sound deadening, airbags, and computers get added to a car.

Not bad
By Todd Sandford on 04/11/10 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

1st car I ever bought brand new. The Honda dealership acted as if they really didn't care if bought the car or not. Only the salesman was concerned. The is dependable and economical but not very comfortable for drives over 30 miles. Seats hurt your bottom, road noise is very loud, and you feel every bump. I average 31- 33 mpg mostly on interstate at 83 mph. I'm sure I could get better if I slowed down some. The OE tires only lasted to about 38k miles. Never had tires wear out that quickly before. I am over-all satisfied but will not buy another due to the discomfort and the high price.