2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
An outstanding care
By Rick on 04/21/10 16:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Albeit, I just purchased this car, it has been a blast to drive. Impressive from the onset. I've had Mustang Cobras, Corvettes and so on and this car ranks right up there. It truly is the perfect car. Fits 5, good on gas, power when you need it and second glance looks. I've looked at Cobalt SS's (horrible build quality and interior is a joke), Caliber SRT not up to par, and would rank this equal with the Mazdaspeed 3. I'm now a Honda guy.

Still going strong (update)
By ryanj1178 on 04/19/10 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought brand new in 2007, the car now has 44,000 miles on it and drives the same. Have not had any issues whatsoever. Look forward to the next 44,000 miles.

A good buy
By aengberg on 04/17/10 13:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is fun to drive, and a great commuter car. It is extremely reliable. I put over 25,000 a year on it, and have had no problems with it. It is not a luxury car, but it is sporty, and performs well. I would recommend this car for a young person looking for a fun and reliable car. Like I said it is not a luxury car, so if you want something smooth, and comfortable you might want to spend a little more and look at an Acura. Dollar for dollar, it is one of the best cars on the market.

Great purpose built car!
By KG on 04/16/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am completely enamored with my Honda. This is coming from a guy who had a jeep cherokee 4x4 as his previous vehicle. This car served me as well in San Diego as it did in the cold weather in Boston. Snow tires and a 5 speed manual made this car a joy to drive in the snow. The car started every morning regardless of how cold it was. Owners who complain about this car didn't understand what they were buying. The car is 20 grand brand new-one shouldn't expect Porsche-like build quality and materials for that price. Another unjustified complaint people have is the 'surprisingly low' mpg. This is what happens when sound deadening, airbags, and computers get added to a car.

Not bad
By Todd Sandford on 04/11/10 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

1st car I ever bought brand new. The Honda dealership acted as if they really didn't care if bought the car or not. Only the salesman was concerned. The is dependable and economical but not very comfortable for drives over 30 miles. Seats hurt your bottom, road noise is very loud, and you feel every bump. I average 31- 33 mpg mostly on interstate at 83 mph. I'm sure I could get better if I slowed down some. The OE tires only lasted to about 38k miles. Never had tires wear out that quickly before. I am over-all satisfied but will not buy another due to the discomfort and the high price.

I love Hondas
By MilesMom on 04/10/10 09:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I love Hondas. This is my fourth one and the CRX I owned had 213,000 miles on it when I upgraded to a new Honda and it was still going strong. I love the design of the 2007 Honda 2 dr coupe. I have had no big problems with it. The rear seat belt ripped and it was replaced at no charge last year. Most recent service was on 4/9/10 at Commonwealth Motors. I would recommend this dealer for service. The express service was done quickly and professionally. The service technician that wrote up the order was friendly and took the time to explain options to me. Waiting area was large and comfortable. Convenient location right off 495.

Buyer beware!
By benjen879 on 04/08/10 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This engine has a TSB on it for cracked engine block! Let me tell you now that it gives no warning, does not overheat or sound off any alarms. One day you are driving and the next thing you know you will have radiator fluid spewing out. Honda realizes that the problem was a "bad casting" of the engine block but since this problem only seems to start occurring (very conveniently for Honda may I add) around 70-80,000 miles (which is out of warranty) they will NOT help you fix it. We are talking about putting $7500.00 worth of new engine in your almost brand new car.

I think it's a pretty good car
By karringt on 03/07/10 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have to start with commenting on some reviews posted. If you are 6 ft tall or over and you are complaining that the car is too small that is your fault. You should have seen that. That's why they have Accords. I will also say that I am 4'11. I have no problems with the size of the car. I love the way it looks, I love the digital speedometer. I will say that it isn't the most comfortable of cars for a long drive. I do have back problems and after being in the car for 2 or 3 hours nonstop i start to stiffen up. I don't regularly make long trips though. I also am not terribly happy with the road noise but I know a lot of that is because it's a lightweight car. Overall, it's a great car.

Honda lack of quality now!
By andres on 03/07/10 08:30 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda lack of quality now, is is not what all people think. I just get rid of a 2007 civic. In the 3 years I had it for, I had to take it to the dealer to replace the Torque converter on the transmission, the stereo system replaced since it stopped working, the steering wheel replaced since it started to peel off, the battery wasn't charging as it should be. Lot of vibration on the engine while idling, and let me tell you that the MPG is not what you think, only 24 mpg on the city at most and 29 at highway. The dealer keep telling me there was nothing wrong with the car until I took it time after time to them to fix it. in addition paint gets chips and scratched easily, gets dented easyly.

2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe A/T
By anonymous on 02/16/10 15:21 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my Civic for over 2 years and I absolutely love it! Of course, like every car, it has its quirks, but all in all it's a great car. 40,000 rolled up last week, and it's still tight as a drum. It does have several rattles, but they have gone away with time. I LOVE that I only have to change the oil about every 6,500 miles rather than 3,000 (the Maintenance Minder system even tells you when it's time to change the oil). I have the coupe, and the trunk is surprisingly roomy. I do about 90% city driving and get about 34-36 MPG. The car also holds up well in accidents; I've been rear ended and clipped in the front, and both times the car had less than $500 worth of damage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.