Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

140,000 and still going strong
By nolander01

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I use my 07 civic hybrid as a communter car to and from work. I average 35,000 miles per year and have had no problems. I do all the required maintanance ( most of it myself) and expect plenty of more miles to come. Intertior had held up strong with no issues whatsoever. All electronics work perfectly with no sign of impending failure. As for the IMA battery...I can tell it is going to go fairly soon. However, I do not plan on fixing it due to the nature of my driving. It will operate without an IMA battery, Just dont expect to get the accel youre used to. Overall, wish I would have purchased the non-hybrid version. But, I'll drive this one into the ground. Hoping that'll be a long time.

Favorite Features

Everything but the IMA. Keep in mind, it's still a Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Replace the batteries when they fail. It wont bankrupt your company, and it will regain the confidence in your customers.

Love my Honda, but...
By bj789

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

For an economy car, it's pretty nice. My last two cars were German and their reliability issues drove me to Japanese dependability, but man were Germans a blast to drive. And while I'm still happy with the Honda, there are some issues I'm now suffering. Mainly performance issues. Otherwise, it's functional, reliable, efficient and gets me from A to B with little worry. Most of my driving is in the city, and it zips around in traffic fairly well. I would not recommend as a highway commuter.

Favorite Features

Nav is nice. Like the MP3 CD reader and 1/8" audio port. COLD A/C, 60/40 fold down rear seat lets me pop my bike in the back (when I get the angle just right).

Suggested Improvements

Engine torque curve, sound insulation and handling. To accelerate quickly or pass on the highway the engine must be revved well over 4,500 RPMs resulting in an awkward jump and a screaming engine bay. At highway speeds textured pavement rumbles through the floor and can become an annoyance. Otherwise on smooth pavement it's pretty quiet. I took the car on a 2 hour country drive last weekend through hills and bends and I missed the German handling. The Civic shimmied and felt much less stable / capable in turns and ascending hills was downright slow, again unless the engine was screaming at 5k RPMs.

Honda Civic Ex Navi @100k miles....
By bschaffer

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my daily driver, mostly highway (70%) driven. Avg. 36-39mpg in Summer, Winter mileage suffers due to fuel additives in my cold climate (32-35mpg, still great!). Best recorded mileage 42mpg average with a tail wind driving across Iowa at 75-80 mph. I'm happy with my car overall but if I didn't have such a comute I would drive something more sporty and/or luxury minded. My biggest complete is road noise followed by ride quality, although it's probably better than most "compacts". My co-workers Mazda3 is not nearly as refined! Rear tires tend to wear on the inside due to fixed camber. The Navi is great although the joystick up and left movement quite on me a few months back.

Favorite Features

Mileage, Navi, Looks, Brakes well (changed at 75k/front, 100k/rear)

Suggested Improvements

Mute button! More insulation for road noise. Better seats for long hauls. Speakers are terrible..

Honda customer support/warranty....fool me once!
By 53classic

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

At 16,000 km's, the transmission in our new 2007 Civic broke down. Honda claimed that this was due to abuse! My wife and I have driven manual cars for many years....we are both in our 50's and do not abuse our cars. Honda refused to accept any blame and we were forced to pay a $4,000 repair bill. We had no support from anyone at Honda - not the dealer or Honda Canada. Would they consider cost sharing the repair bill or giving us a break on the parts or labour cost? NO! Our lease is now up - the Honda dealer called to see if we wanted to lease another Civic....Are you kidding me?? Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice....shame on me! Never again.

Favorite Features

Can't think of any after our experience with Honda warranty....happy to be saying good-bye to Honda. They said good-bye to us at 16,000 km's.

Suggested Improvements

Honda needs to support their customers and honor their warranty.

Practical Daily Driver
By robliski

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my Civic EX Coupe since Sep '06. This is an excellent car for the daily commute as it gives a decent MPG but this is completely dependant on your driving style: If you drive agressive then kiss the MPG goodbye but if you drive more mellow then you'll be very pleased. It's a bit stiff which is normal for Honda. The handling is really good for a front wheel drive. The part that always irritates me about this car is: 1) I am always thirsty for torque, and 2) The transmission is sometimes a bit lazy to shift down. So when you take it on a trip, when you get to the hills, you can't use cruise control at all; the tranny is constantly downshifting gasping for torque.

Favorite Features

Reliability of this car is excellent. The sound system rocks. The interior design and finish is very nice. Cabin air filter can be changed very easily; in 5 minutes.

Suggested Improvements

Torque could improve. Tranny is sometimes cluncky.