Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Little Car
By dave

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was driving an '00 Ford Escort and when I read the "noisy ride" Consumer Reports comments, I worried about the noise level. Alas, the Civic Hybrid is comparatively silent! I am getting 50+ MPG in town (flat Florida) with AC off, 47 with AC on. On the drive home from Ohio, I got 48. The transmission is so smooth I never notice the "shift". Wife (leadfoot) loves the speedometer placed right in the line of vision with big, well lit numerals. Braking is satisfactory (Accord is better). Acceleration surprisingly adequate but if you lead foot it, you pay in the MPG dept. The seats are OK. It's really fun to see how your driving habits affect your fuel economy (MPG display).

Fuel economy!! Fit and finish; gas cap access inside; MPG continuous display. Fingertip cruise and radio on steering wheel. Floor mats included! Cool motor shutdown at stop. Trip odometer and trip MPG computer (after 2000 mi I still compute per tank mileage 3-4 MPG above the computer).

Leather seat option. Cushier seats (see Accord leather). Head restraints seem too far forward. Lumbar support adjustment for seats.

Speedy but unsteady
By joe_prog

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My SI sedan came with a leather interior. Yes, the car is noisy, it is designed to be that way. I got rid of a lot of the booming by lining the trunk, the doors and part of the floorboard with RAAMmat. The left front fender is designed to be an acoustic amplifier for the intake. This became apparent when the exhaust noise was dampened. My third gear was sticky. I replaced the oil with Royal Purple and it is perfect now. When I leave from a standing stop, sometimes, the steering wheel lurches to the right. Also, sometimes, I hear a popping noise from the left front wheel. All in all, a disappointing car.

The engine. It makes the best noises. Also, the stereo is very clear. The car is quick through traffic. Visibility is good. It drives like a much larger car.

Get rid of the DRLs. A cop pulled me over when an oncoming car drove off the rode. I still can't figure that one out either! Work on the build quality. Popping noises and dodgy steering aren't acceptable on a Chery, much less a Honda.

Great car
By JV

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has exceeded my expectations. I have a lengthy commute (100 miles a day) and needed a car with good gas mileage. Gas mileage has been holding at 48 mpg for mixture of interstate, highway and city miles. At 55 MPH on the relatively flat Florida roads I can get about 55ish MPG. The Civic Hybrid exceeded my expectations in two main areas. First, it accelerates a little better than I expected. Maybe it just feels like it to me, who knows. The next area I was impressed with still amazes me. There is an incredible amount of room in the front seat! I'm 6'2" 230 lbs used to a full size pickup truck but this car has tons of head room, shoulder room and my seat isn't all the way back! Wow.

Roomy (see above). The navigation system is sweet and the XM radio is phenomenal. Of course the MPG is great as well. Oh yeah, and it looks a lot better than a Prius.

Not much trunk space but I didn't buy a hybrid to haul stuff around.

2 problems
By kurt cain

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This Civic (07 Lx coupe, 5 speed trans) is fun to drive, peppy, has no problems handling the Ozark mountains, at or above the speed limits. Is stylish gets very good gas mileage, but the seats headrest sticks out to much and always seems to bump into the back of my head. Also the a/c vent for the driver is almost directly behind the steering wheel which blows cold air onto your hand. 2 very minor things. You get a great little car for a reasonable price

Styling, handling, gas mileage and price

Change seat headrests. Move driver side ac vent. Have key fob open trunk and windows

Best Fun Per MPG
By dochollywood

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing. I have driven the car nearly 8000 miles, mostly highway, but about 20% city, and I am averaging about 53 MPG. Really, that is what the on board computer says and when I calculate it myself, I get more like 55 MPG. Either way, more than what the sticker claims. I drive conservative, but on straight-aways and downhill I go at least 70 MPH, and uphill around 55-60, so I do not drive exceedingly slow. The car is fun to drive and handles like a sports car...a definite great buy.

Great interior, nice body style, great handling, MPG master

Better lumbar support in seats.