2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Like Wine
By TankerToad53 on 08/13/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Si Coupe used with 67K miles. on the odometer. This car is an absolute blast to drive. It has been over 20 yrs since I would go out for a drive through the twisties, just for the heck of it. Now, I can't wait for Sunday's to go out on a spirited drive. The engine is now approaching 70K, still rev's solidly to 8K RPM. Gearbox is a dream (except 1st to 2nd, Probably needs this synchro replaced). Suspension is still solid and the car still gets the looks, although I could do without that, specially from the traffic enforcers!

This Honda didn't make it to 60k Miles
By Diego on 08/10/10 07:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a Honda Civic because it's supposed to last for 10 years or 200k miles. For the 4 years that it lasted me, i loved it even though it wasn't perfect. Two new batteries, two new sun-visors, and a cracked engine block later, my Civic is in the dealership service department under the last 1k miles of warranty in question as to whether it will run again. I took care of it with the all required maintenance over these years. What happened to Honda Civics?

New used Civic
By NewHondaGuy on 08/06/10 13:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am new to Honda's, but bought this '07 off-lease due to gas mileage and reported reliability. Like the looks. Like the handling. Some interior materials seem cheap. I am concerned about the durability of the paint. I can see lots of chips apparently from ice removal. Also chips due to stone damage. Too early to report on actual gas mileage. Really, this '07 seemed like a new car-quite clean. Never saw a plastic dip stick before. Better be careful parking it as one cannot see the nose from the driver's seat. Happy with purchase so far. Hope to give an update after we have had this car for a while.

Good on gas bad on ride
By ex-civic owner on 08/02/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I loved the mileage I got out of a tank of gas. The tires wear quickly, the ride gets shaky and there is vibration at highway speeds. The Road noise is horrific, but radio was good enough to drown out that noise. The car looked great but rode horrible. The tires wore poorly even on a brand new car. The rear arms replaced at 1 year, the car was cool looking and fun to drive in town, on the highway this was a nightmare.

Great value
By albatem on 08/01/10 09:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a very good car. Roomy inside and dash is cool. Trunk is also very large. Can carry 5 adults, but a bit cramped in back on long trips. Although it is only rated around 140 hp it is peppy and had no problems merging onto the interstate. Consistently gets 33-40 mpg on the highway. Had a couple issues, rear tie bar and front suspension parts went out, but it is a certified car so still under warranty. Only issue I have is placement of hand brake annoys my right knee on long drives.

So far so good
By SPG on 07/28/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the car- 60k now, about 34 mpg w/ 60% highway. Peppy and fun to drive. Too much road noise- replaced OEM tires-that helped- worn out @40K anyway. No maintenance except oil change and just did front brake pads. Front seats need to be a little longer and more back support.

Cheap Piece of Junk
By greendaisy on 07/27/10 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a Brand New Civic LX 2007 4dr. Sedan. It has 57,000 miles on it now. It is made cheaply. The sun visor has fallen apart 2 times, the first time 3 months after I purchased it. The battery goes dead all the time and leaves me stranded , I have had it checked several times and they said nothing is wrong with it. I finely just replaced the battery, car is only 3 years old battery should still be good. It is the worst riding car I have ever had, I have replaced the tires with better tires, that help a little bit. I will never buy a Honda again, I am very disappointed with this car.

The new General motors
By Eaglemech on 06/14/10 05:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda has the attitude that General Motors has. Had a 2007 honda civic and thought it was a good car until I traded it. with all the problems people are having with there Civics including cracked engine blocks, thought it was a good time to get rid of mine. I had over 81,000 miles, and no warranty. I traded the civic for a Kia Forte SX FOR $15,900.00, $800.00 cheaper than I paid for my Civic LX. The Forte is much better then the Civic not only because of the price. Comes with features not offered on the Honda, and is fun to drive and less road noise. averaging 32 to 35 mpg with the 2.4 engine and 6 speed tranny.

Stop Complaining
By DL on 05/22/10 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have put 76,000 miles on this car since it has been new. At first the road noise is bad, the stock tires stink, I replaced with General Altimax HP tires. These reduced road noise considerably. As for the several recalls on this car, I give Honda credit for issuing recalls on items that could easily be passed on to the consumer after the warranty period. Simply put this is a great car with a few flaws, but you get what you pay for. I wanted a very reliable car that was affordable and that is what I got. Plus its design allows me to preform most routine maintenance myself.

Never buy a Honda again
By Honda Sucks on 05/14/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased 4000 miles in the shop week 2 left rear bearing went out, wk 3 needed new tires, airbags defaulted, most uncomfortable seat/steering wheel adjustment, battery, poor stereo/cd audio, I purchased the LX for me and ab ex for my daughter. I will take a Nissan any day, the customer service was good, the car disappoints.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.