Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda Civic and it is a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great. Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada. Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new. I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires. Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.

looks good and drives extremely well .I like the new dash as it is futuristic and easy to read.

Original factory tires are bad and detracts from the overall handling and driving experience when new . As mentioned doesn't handle well on snow and ice in Alberta's snowy and cold winters.

1st honda and love it!
By sticks4

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First honda, bought it used. A little hesitant with 90,000 miles, but after talking to honda mechanics they said its a baby. Love the ride, the handling, the great gas mileage. I'm a big guy, driving it till my daughter gets her license. Then I may step and get a accord for my self. The day after buying the civic, I bought my my wife the honda crv! Another great vehicle, I LOVE honda.

Everything! The handling and great gas mileage!

Give it to me???

Junk
By josh510

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Civic, which I bought for the looks. What a mistake. Honda cut too many corners. At least they are fixing most issues, but I'm tired of taking the car to the shop. Here are my issues so far. Visors - Honda Replaced Control Arms/Tire Wear - Honda Replaced Motor Mounts - I paid for this Paint going bad - Honda will fix the hood and fenders but not the roof. Water Pump Pulley - Honda Replaced Engine Block Crack - Honda Replaced My other two Civics were great, but this one has been terrible. These repairs were made in addition to replacing the terrible Firestone tires and Honda battery (those both have always been bad). Unfortunately this will be my last Civic.

Name went on before the quality went in
By cc58

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2007 EX coupe for 80,000 miles and 6 years now. I've learned that honda reliability can be counted on for their recalls. It will fail if you get one. Got recall on bolt failure on water pump pulley. Shortly after the pulley fell out of the engine bay and destroyed a belt. Luckily, no other damage and was fixed for free. Got a recall on visor failure and it failed and replaced free. Got a TSB on motor mount failure, motor started slamming into chassis replaced mount at my expense. In the last few months the paint on the roof has rapidly oxidized under the clearcoat and looks terrible. Unfortunately, no recall yet on the paint and I can not afford to fix it. Honda, never again.

Do a recall for all the bad paints jobs out there.

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.

• SUV