Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great commute car
By offroad87

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2007 for commuting to replace a Camaro. Si is quick enough to commute and move easily in all kinds of traffic. It gives me average 23 mpg even when I drive it hard. Car is reliable, fun, and not so thirsty. Back seat space isn't that great for adults, but don't mind since I use it to commute. I will be repainting the whole car since the paint isn't that great. After 80k car has been reliable and looks like it will go for another 10 years.

Reliability, responsive engine, interior design and space, small enough to fit most places.

Clear coat on roof, sun visor's quality, and 3rd gear issue if it hasn't been fixed yet.

Good car but other than few recall issues
By jay4414

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it new from the dealer and there is a water boiling sound from the engine and dealer wont do shit even though there is recall on same issue with other year. Gas mileage and the seating comfort is very poor. Trans shutters in from 1st to 2nd if you press the pedel slow. Overall I like it but I do not buy another Honda due to their dont care customer service attitude.

Honda must accept their fault and recall fix the issues such as Trans, Water pump, Tire wearing etc

168,000 km (104,000 miles)
By vtwins

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had the car almost 5 years. Most recent mileage of 60/40 hwy city with a heavy foot netted the equivalent of 30 mpg or 7.72 L/100km. Not bad. Yes, there were two recalls during my warranty period and one warranty work. No big deal. I just brought it in during my oil changes at the beginning. Now I do all the fluid changes myself. Worries. One touch up stops about an inch from the top and comes back down. That was the warranty work. Just after the warranty it stopped again so I just hold the up button. Other concern is the transmission. At 25km accelerating slowly, there is a shutter. If I accelerate quickly, there is no shutter. Yes, I've been changing the transmission fluid. We'll see.

Car rev's easily and smoothly. The hallmark of a Honda engine! More stable on the highway than the previous generation. Able to change the speedometer between to kilometers to miles when crossing the border. 2 power outlets. I bought the automatic without driving the manual on purpose, thinking we already have a manual in our household.

Could be more quiet on the highway. Not really an improvement but after driving the sister-in-law's for a day, I wished I bought the manual.

suspension
By ulmboy

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After 15,000 miles my tires had warn down unevenly. I took into Tracy Dealership to point out hearing noise in back wheel. Told nothing wrong. At 18,000 miles noise worse so took to Stockton Honda and was told back right wheel bearing out. They replaced wrong side. Had to buy new tires. Took back to Tracy Honda and they replaced other back wheel bearing. Car still did not drive smooth. A lot of road noise. Traded in at Tracy Honda and would not give me blue book because wheel bearing problems. Even though I had a warranty for 100,000 miles they would not reimburse for having to buy new tires and did not give me a good trade in value. Will not buy a Honda again. Traded in for a Toyota Van.

Navigation System, Stereo, seats, gas miledge.

Better suspension system. Road noise drove me crazy. Better repair service.

Nearly the Perfect Car - Beware of the Exterior Paint
By tommyboy23

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fiji Blue Pearl Civic SI sedan brand new with 8 miles on it. After 5 years and 50,000 miles, I'm still happy with my purchase, but I have had two major issues to deal with (see below). Both issues have been handled to my satisfaction by Honda, but I didn't expect either problem from a Honda product. Having said that, this is probably the most reliable sporty car on the market today. I'm constantly asked "are you sure this car only has 4 cylinders?". It's probably the best sounding 4 cylinder on the market today. Honda also copied a lot of interior features from BMW, which makes it feel more upscale. A small mix of interior components, however, feel cheap and out of place.

Awesome transmission and engine - both seem to get better with age. After 5 years, they feel and sound as good as they did the day I drove the car off the lot. Comfortable seats (I get lots of comments), good sound system, great cup holders (lame that I'm referencing, I know, but they are very functional and well designed), easy to drive fast, dependable, great real world gas mileage - 23 city 32 highway, excellent interior design that is bold and has great ergonomics, retains its value well - especially if you don't mod it.

1) I've had a major exterior paint problem with my car. The paint has separated from the primer in several areas causing cracking and pealing. To their credit Honda has repainted my entire car at their expense (post warranty) and I have not had an issue since. The problem may only be with my car but someone with Honda unofficially told me that Fiji Blue Pearl paint is a problem on all models. 2) The only mechanical issue I've had to deal with is intermittent problems shifting into 3rd gear. Honda has put out a TSB for this (not a recall), and if you reference the TSB number with your Honda dealer (and you're still under your power train warranty), Honda WILL fix this issue for free.