Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Shake, Rattle & Roll
By pokey

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car to make up for all of the emmissions I was spewing from my 1997 Saab. I thought the design and handling of the car were great. It did have a lot of road noise, but the gas mileage - 37- 42 mpg makes up for it. The only complaint I have is the fit and finish. I have been to the dealer 3 times already with interior replacement issues. So far I have had to replace one broken sun visor, a door panel(rattles), and a seat frame (rattles). Unfortunately, a new noise/rattle pops up every day, depending on the temperature and conditions. I was hoping for a better fit & finish for a $19,000 vehicle.

Turning radius, style, gas mileage.

Check the fit and finish. It's a pain to have to leave your car on three seperate occassions at the dealer for problems like those listed above.

Zee's Extreme Si
By DOUG

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have added a few high performance parts to this car. I only have put 1000 miles in over 4 months. I have even put a white dragon on each side of the car. I have people walk up to me and tell me I ahve a very good looking car, or man you have a sharp car. I love the way it handles and I have a sedan too. The sound system is great. The only thing is, I wish they would have put a wider tire on the car. I am in the process of changing my rims and tires as soon as the funds come available. I have the color Gray color. I am very pleased with my car. The shifting is the best I have ever handled and the get up andg Go (hang on) I just love my car.

Dash, motor, handling

Wider tires and make the sporty rims come with the car.

2007 Civic Si Sedan
By sbgobig

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am very happy with my Si Sedan. I used to drive a 2004 MINI Cooper S and then traded that for a 2005 Accord. I loved the MINI style and performance at entry level price but did not like driving 85 miles for free scheduled service to the closest MINI dealer. I won't buy anther MINI until I can take it to the BMW dealership in town. So needless to say the 4cyl Accord I bought did not make me a happy camper behind the wheel and I began to covet the Si Sedan. The Si is plenty fast for my situation, sure it could use more torque and horsepower but $22k is a bargain. I love the quality and dependability of Honda but they need to offer more HP in the Civic to keep me in them.

The clutch and the 6 speed manual are very smooth and precise. Comfortable sport seats, standard cloth, sunroof, loud enough stereo, makes it a great buy.

250hp, 225 lb ft torque, RWD, no sunroof, leather.

Glad I got this over the Prius
By ro_bro

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was deliberating whether I should go "green" and get the Prius. I test drove the Prius. Nothing exciting, just thought it was cool that I could potentially save lots of gas. But it seemed to struggle a bit going uphill, so that made me doubt. Then I test drove this Civic 4 door LX AT. I was instantly in love. I had a 1997 4 door LX that broke down recently, just under 200,000. Anyway, the thing that caught me was that this thing has 140 horses! I could accelerate, even when going uphill, and I felt confident that I could pass anyone if necessary. But the 30/40 mpg, that was it for me. I saved about $3k versus the Prius, decent mpg, and I love the extra horses!

Horsepower, sleek looks, the speedometer location, the 160 watt standard sound system, with external audio jack for my iPod. Roomy inside. Extra wide 205, 17" tires.

Wish the keyless entry had a remote trunk opener on the LX model. I think the EX model has it. Also, stereo controls on steering wheel on LX would be nice. again, the EX has it.

I love this car!
By Driving in VA

2007 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I, like so many others, turned to fuel efficiency once gas prices went decidedly north. I love the looks of the car, comfort, and handling has been a pleasure. I thought the 'new wave' dash would be a distraction but turns out to be a really nice feature. Has nice pick up in the higher rpm range, however sometimes pick up in initial take off can seem sluggish. I'm getting about 32-35 mpg driving about 85% highway.

Dash design, exterior appearance, gas mileage.

Electronic compass would be nice.