Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I Love This Car!
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this little car. It is super easy to maneuver and so fun to drive. My only complaint is that it is a little underpowered for highway driving. There is plenty of power for city driving however. But that is the sacrifice you make when you buy the hybrid. But I do get 52mpg on the highway! City driving is more around 40 to 41mpg. Arlington in quite the hilly county so I am not surprised the actual mileage in city is not higher. I also love this car because at 6'3 the car is quite accomodating but I do have to have my seat all the way back. That means that the people sitting behind me are more than a tad cramped. Ergonomics are great and everything is within reach.

Favorite Features

Opal blue silver exterior color, iPod hookup, auto-dimming rearview mirror, tilt/telescoping steering wheel, gas mileage meter next to the speedometer. Speedometer in line of sight, great gas mileage, auto A/C, turn signals in the side mirrors, and 8year/80000 mile warranty on the battery.

Suggested Improvements

Offer the car in more colors. I think it should come in the green that the Civic GX NGV comes in and the tango red pearl and black. I would say no to the blue interior color, it may be unique but it makes the interior feel smaller. Also, There should be a second row armrest.

Great fun for a reasonable price
By jayestew

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the Si sedan for five months now and I love it. I wanted a new car that was fun to drive yet practical because I am married and have two kids, 6 and 4. The Si sedan was the sportiest car I could afford and still use to take the kids on errands, games, etc. Thus far I have had no problems with the car. Although it is probably better suited for drives down windy country roads, it works fine driving around Chicago. On a few occasions I've been able to open it up down Lake Shore Drive and you can really feel wth VTEC kick in. Great handling in corners and curves. Safety features such as plenty of air bags great to have with kids in the car.

Favorite Features

VTEC, muffler sound is aggressive without being over the top, handling is sharp, clutch is very tight and easy to use, seats are surprisingly comfortable even on long drives, multiple power outlets, mp3 plug and play feature.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a trunk lip for those that don't want a trunk wing, seat cover material that doesn't attract and retain as much hair and dust, more powerful stereo.

Saved her life
By JB's mom

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car for my 16 year daughter based on the safety features,the airbags. On May 24, 2007 Jordan was hit on the drivers side by a minivan traveling the posted speed limit (35mps). She was transported to Atlanta's Level 1 Trama Unit. 7 hours later, she walked out with me without a scratch on her. The extent of her injuries was when she lost conscious on impact and had a headache. She said the fire & rescue guy told her the airbags saved her life. I brought her the exact same car (different color) a month later.

Favorite Features

As a mother- I like the airbags. JB likes the interior/exterior look. Oh - we both think it neat how the radio spells out "Hello Jordan" when she turns on the car.

Shake, Rattle & Roll
By pokey

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car to make up for all of the emmissions I was spewing from my 1997 Saab. I thought the design and handling of the car were great. It did have a lot of road noise, but the gas mileage - 37- 42 mpg makes up for it. The only complaint I have is the fit and finish. I have been to the dealer 3 times already with interior replacement issues. So far I have had to replace one broken sun visor, a door panel(rattles), and a seat frame (rattles). Unfortunately, a new noise/rattle pops up every day, depending on the temperature and conditions. I was hoping for a better fit & finish for a $19,000 vehicle.

Favorite Features

Turning radius, style, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Check the fit and finish. It's a pain to have to leave your car on three seperate occassions at the dealer for problems like those listed above.

Zee's Extreme Si
By DOUG

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have added a few high performance parts to this car. I only have put 1000 miles in over 4 months. I have even put a white dragon on each side of the car. I have people walk up to me and tell me I ahve a very good looking car, or man you have a sharp car. I love the way it handles and I have a sedan too. The sound system is great. The only thing is, I wish they would have put a wider tire on the car. I am in the process of changing my rims and tires as soon as the funds come available. I have the color Gray color. I am very pleased with my car. The shifting is the best I have ever handled and the get up andg Go (hang on) I just love my car.

Favorite Features

Dash, motor, handling

Suggested Improvements

Wider tires and make the sporty rims come with the car.