Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Compact Car
By Kathy

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Yukon Denali to a Honda Civic as my main vehicle with no problem. I was hooked on a Honda once I drove my friend's Accord several times. It felt heavy and handled the road well even though it had over 125,000 miles. I am very pleased with my purchase of a Honda Civic.

Two-tier digital display of odometer w/ a blue background.

Would recommend Honda install a rear seat cup holder(s).

Quality not what I expected from a Honda
By Daniel

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 1997 Civic LX 4-d to get this car, and it's worlds better. The only problem is that this car has a lot of noise. Road noise is common in small cars, but there are so many shakes and rattles, that I'm gonna have to get them fixed by the dealer when I take it in to get its first oil change. The sub rattles the back parcel shelf, the pass. seat frame rattles, there is a whistling noise coming through the windshield, and the handles on the roof rattle. Other than that, only small complaints, like how the rear end collects a lot of dust, and how I have to adjust my seat all the way down so that my head doesnt brush the roof (I'm 5.10).

Digital speedometer, subwoofer, sunroof, CD text display, steering wheel music controls, and height adjustment on the drivers seat (necessary if you have an EX (sunroof) and are over 5.9 or so)

Move the parking brake! My knee always hits it and it's the most aggravating thing on the car!

Very Fun & Great Looking
By Jeff D

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a black Civic Si sedan. Its very fun to drive and is pretty quick if you rev it to 8000. I wanted white but all they had was a black one with 4 miles, right off the truck. Its great looking but black is a lot of work.

The looks and the great seats, along with the 6 speed and powerful 2 liter when reved to 8000.

The 6 speed is great, but it doesn't go into 3rd gear smoothly. I wonder if anybody else has this problem. And the rev's stay up when letting off the gas,which I really don't like at all. otherwise its a great fun car

Best In Its Class!
By Lopez07Si

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a new car under 30k. Mazdaspeed3,08 Lancer and Nissan Sentra were also considered but Honda's resale value, reliability and superb handling made it my favorite. There's really no better car out there for this price.This car is so great on the road. The 6 spd gearbox is buttery- smooth. I havent experienced any problems with 3rd gear as many have. The revhang issue is easy to get used to. It doesnt affect my drive. Low end torque is there but once you hit 2nd and get to the magical 6k rpms where vtec takes over, it'll put a smile on your face. I don't get tired of it. Exhaust note is a charm. You have to get it with the Navi. Avg.gas mileage is 27mpg. Best 31.5mpg Worst 18mpg

Audio card. Sliding armrest, steering wheel design and feel, aluminum pedals, trunk opener on key. Stereo system sounds great. Cup holders are great. They can even hold squared bottles. Folding side mirrors, maintaince minder system, nice looking and comfortable sports seats,17'' alloy rims,sunroof.

This car is great how it is. But if I could have... Auto up/down for passenger side window and window control from key like in the new 08 Accord. Illuminated vanity mirrors, Bluetooth standard. Wish Navi could read DVD's and have video/audio input like the 08 Lancer. That's asking for a lot though

2007 Civic 4dr LX
By lbowen

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This vehicle is very fun to drive and very dependable. The gas mileage is great, yet it can get up and go if necessary. The overall body style is nice and sporty. Also, I owned a 98 civic LX and when I traded it in it still has a lot of life left. Honda's can easily reach 200,000 miles and keep on running! This car is very nice for the features as well as the price.

I enjoy the dashboard and the location of the spedometer and fuel gauge. Also, the windshield wipers are powerful! The exterior body style is also very nice. I have the royal blue color and love it!

It would be nice to have the radio controls on the steering wheel. Also, allow more options for interior features such as seats and cd changers and others.