Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good Hybrid
By Bob

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car since I commute over 50 miles to work. I am not getting the gas mileage advertised, but it is pretty close (44-47 mile range), and I drive fairly fast (70-75 mph). I don't do much city driving but when I do, I get in the 40 mph range. It's still a great deal though and with the mileage I save, the savings are adding up. I am a tiny bit disappointed by the interior room especially in the driver's side. The head room is fine, but my right knee continually rubs against the interior dash by the radio. The seats also don't have the greatest support in the world, so one is pretty cramped after a long trip. Cockpit dash design is pretty cool expecially a night! Radio is great.

Dash design. Radio and speakers. Gas mileage!!

See if the car can be built with a little more interior comfort. I think this is very important for people over 6 feet tall.

Not as good as a Corolla
By Bazza

2007 Honda Civic GX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my previous European built Corolla sedan, which had given me 5 years trouble free comfortable ownership. The Honda Civic must be the most uncomfortable car I have ever bought, or driven. It's too low, has extremely hard unforgiving seats, the stupid handbrake which digs into my leg and makes any journey over half an hour very painfull (literally). The "A" pillar is too thick, and interferes with a clear view of pedestrians trying to cross the road in front of me at junctions. The front passenger footwell is too short, forcing the passenger has to push the seat right back to get comfortable, consequently there is no room for anybody to sit behind!

I like the eye-level speedometer, it helps me avoid getting speeding tickets but even this sometimes causes arguments with my wife who can see the speedometer clearly when I am driving.

Make the boot (trunk) larger, design more comfortable seats (taking lessons from the French manufacturers), fit the car with decent tires as original equipment. Make the car taller so it is easy to get in and out. Change the acute angle of the "A" pillar which is really dangerous.

Civic Hybrid
By curtis

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car for driving around town. Very underpowered on the highway and suffers from extreme road/wind noise at highway speed. The car is comfortable enough but long trips get very laborious because of the noise. The relatively low power on the highway requires drivers to plan passing and other maneuvers rather than simply jumping into another lane and passing a group of slower cars. If you are a "cruise-comtrol at 65mph" type, this may not be as much of a handicap as it is for drivers used to a car with much more power. I averaged about 44mpg at 75mph through hilly terrain. Bottom line: If you drive it like a hybrid and accept the tradeoffs, you will probably be happy.

Except for being underpowered on the highway, it drives pretty nice. Nice interior design. Gauge lay out and dash is very straight forward and easy to use. Doesn't look like a hybrid except for the wheels.

Needs sound isolation, bad! Needs a little more power for highway passing. A better stereo would be nice.

Civic Slicker
By Don M.

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've found this Civic 4-Dr surprisingly comfortable, easy handling and fun to drive. Its 5-sp manual/clutch combo is about as good as it gets; light, positive and smooth. It's engine is not noiseless, but is smooth and pleasant, with a good usable rpm range, from 1500 to 6700. The interior is well thought out, with storage everywhere. It is fitted with conveniences previously found in only more expensive cars. The navi and XM radio are a delight, and the carefully calculated mileage of 36.5 mpg for its 11000 mile life is extraordinary. Fit and finish are excellent. Doors shut lightly and solidly. I wouldn't trade it as a driver for anything I can think of...or I'd be driving that!

Digital speedo works well for me. Navi and audio displays are user friendly, work superbly. 5-sp manual/clutch are the only way to go to extract best mileage (forget the EPA) and performance.

Add Bluetooth capability. Improve quality of plastics used in dash. That's about it.

Not what I was hoping.
By mugwomp

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I'd switch to an economy car - this car won based on price/gas economy alone. It hasn't been worth it - I'd rather spend extra money on gas to have a car with some torque. The resale value looks great - will be moving up to something sportier in the 200+ hp/torque range. Not a bad car but it is the first/last Honda I will ever own. Realized its too vanilla for me. Didn't like seeing commuters driving them everywhere. Kind of a bummer.

Economy can't be beat. Solid build quality, features for the price, paint quality, materials, resale value.

Can't get used to the spacetoy dash. Hate the steering wheel, gauges with a passion. Don't like the random mish-mosh of buttons for a dash. Exterior looks like a wedge of cheese (probably for aerodynamics), zero torque, whiny engine.

• SUV