Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Awesome
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got rid of a 2004 Mazda 3 sport and I like the Civic much better. I am very impressed with the smooth ride for a car less than $20,000. The cabin is quiet radio is create, manual shifter is very smooth. I drive mostly highway and have been getting around 34 mpg.

Trunk pop on key, 5 speed shifter, fuel economy, smooth ride, comfortable seats, good handling.

For some reason when I used winshield cleaning fluid the wipers don't come on automatically.

Great little car!
By Janet

2007 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought my first Civic and love it! It fits me better than any car I have ever driven and is so fun to drive. Honda has done a great job with lumbar supports in the seat, the interior design with smooth metallic buttons instead of cheap plastic dials, and cruise controls in the steering wheel. The engine is very quiet and peppy. The split display with blue lighting is easy on the eyes and the more I drive it, the more I like having the spedometer at eye level. I drive about 3000 miles a month and am getting 38 miles a gallon this first month. I like the wide view from the windshield and how it comfortably fit four adults. I highly reccommend this car!

I like the ergonomic steering wheel with indentations to fit my hand, the high quality adjustable cup holders (and the door that slides over them when not in use), the cell phone holder is a perfect fit and in a nice location. I like the storage in the doors for maps and water bottles.

It is hard to sense the front of the car as there is no visual cues from the driver's seat. It would be nice to have cup holders in the rear seats for passengers instead of just a open space in the door. The glove compartment is angled and somewhat small.

2007 Honda LX 4dr auto
By jmewb

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic LX 4dr in June of 06. It now has 6000 miles. This vehicle suffers from front wheel spin, a bumpy ride (considering its lack of performance) but gets really good gas mileage. I get between 25-26 mpg in the city and 35-26 hwy. The seats are more comfortable over time. Great paint job. Overall, a good buy & much better for the environment than the Mazda3.

Good gas mileage of course. Very good stereo. Lots of safety equipment.

Move the parking break toward the middle of the console; too close to my knee. Suspension upgrade to decrease tire spin.

The Right Choice
By Driver8

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Civic Hybrid for a month, and I'm very pleased with its mileage (43 MPG over all), its comfort, its stereo, and its features. I thought about a Prius, but the Civic is better- -and a better buy. It's standard features are better--and you don't rack up another 3K in price to get good features. I used Edmunds to get a read, and these reviews really helped me. For example, at 6'1', I needed more leg room--and got it with the Civic. And golf clubs fit right in the trunk. Two kids in the back very comfortably. I drove an Accord in high school, and this Civic is the same size--very cool. Pick up is great when needed; but it's mileage gauge teaches you to be a smarter with gas.

Mileage and mileage gauge; engine shut off at stop...no wasting gas and pumping junk in the air; radio; cup holders and storage; dash; steering wheel controls; modern look; good A/C; programmable locks;

Flip key; back seat arm rest (child divider); Bluetooth; keep improving mileage

Great Compact Car
By Kathy

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Yukon Denali to a Honda Civic as my main vehicle with no problem. I was hooked on a Honda once I drove my friend's Accord several times. It felt heavy and handled the road well even though it had over 125,000 miles. I am very pleased with my purchase of a Honda Civic.

Two-tier digital display of odometer w/ a blue background.

Would recommend Honda install a rear seat cup holder(s).