2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 46

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic Hybrid Delivers
By selinz on 12/25/06 00:44 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased it to get CA carpool sticker before they disappear. I have been very pleased so far. With 4 tanks of gas, I seem to get around 45MPG overall. The dash calculated values are a bit lower than when I do the miles divided by gallons purchased calculation. If you keep under 70 mph, you seem to get closer to 50 mpg. If you go closer to 85 mpg, it goes down into the low 40's. Stop and start commute traffic gets you in the highto mid 40's. Nothing I do results in the mileage leaving the low 40's. The radio sounds great with my Ipod. I'm not thrilled by the tranny but it seems to get the job done in terms of mpg. Acceleration seems fine as long as you don't stomp on it. Overall, I'm pleased!!!

Sporty Car at an Affordable Price
By Eric on 12/24/06 21:26 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

In its price range, the Si stands out. Stock, it's on par with the GTI, Cobalt, supercharged tC, and RSX Type-S. Yet the GTI and supercharged tC are limited as tuner cars and are more expensive for the setup and don't handle as well. The Si even compensates for low toque with its high rev short throw setup. It's interiors and Honda's build quality beat out the Cobalt and RSX (how it beats the "higher class" version of the same company is a mystery to me), and the GTI's exterior is a matter of personal taste. Whether its stock or tuned, the Si packs a punch behind the wheel and outdoes its competitors. It even has bonuses like a 300w audio system, moon roof, and a sleek racy design.

Honda is the best at innovation.
By Raymond on 12/24/06 05:16 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car feels well built.This model is built in japan, better quality control and fit and finish i feel. driving is very different, than my 2001 civic i traded in. U do have to learn to drive with a gentle foot on the gas. its almost a glide and coast approach, looking ahead at lights and traffic to let off gas as much as possible.This seams to give best fuel economy. With engine shutoff at every stop, car does take 2seconds to respond and go. Seats are supportive but seam too narrow for me and center console takes up leg room for stretching. Gauges are nice and easy to read but if your short u will see them reflect on upper windshield glass. Too much road noise, quiet tires might help.

Finally flare with 4 doors!
By Flash89 on 12/22/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

What a fantastic car! Other cars I was considering were the, SI coupe, Eclipse, GTI, and Cobalt SS. Dollar for dollar nothing else in the market offers the same good looks, features and performance as this car. I drove all of them and came back to this one. Personally I think the sedan looks even better than the SI coupe. I have a 7 month old daughter and have car seats in my future for the next 8 years so that made the choice even easier. Simply one of the best values that can be had for around $21K. Owned the car for only two days so long term I cannot comment, but so far, its been great!

'07 Civic LX Sedan Review
By lhase on 12/20/06 20:39 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I agree the headrests are painfully forward (but I guess that's to help in a crash. May try the Accord headrest swap, thanks!) Road noise on certain surfaces, otherwise nicely quiet. Getting 28 mpg on my 60/40% city/hwy commute. Good handling (0.81g!) on Eagle RS-A tires. I like the surprisingly quick steering ratio for an econo-sedan. The digital gauges do work well - you can keep your eyes on the road ahead while checking speed/temp/gas. Accelerates quickly enough, esp. considering the fuel economy. Headlights work well with wide even light pattern and flat European cutoff.

my si
By brandon on 12/20/06 10:34 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

this car is great! it is the best civic yet and #3 for me. I was looking for a 4 door safe car for my family and me yet I wanted something fun to drive . I started looking at a number of cars A4, mazdaspeed6, legacy GT,and camry SE v6, the a4 was overpriced with little power. mazda6 was pretty much a ford and resale was bad but was fun to drive.I wanted the legacy GT it was fun to drive the fastest family car under 30k but the back seats are tight and the shifter is clunky with a terrible jerk into 2nd gear. (with a manual) handling was not all that good either and the resale is not all that good. than I found the civic si 4dr. it was smaller then what I wanted but in contrast it was not a bad

Civic EX
By Richard DiMauro on 12/20/06 00:10 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The most important part of the vehicle if the mileage. The 38 mph for highway is important. Sedan, air conditioning, all extras. I would want a vehicle with a color which resists dirt and grime.

Dollar for Dollar The Best Coupe
By socalsnowboarder on 12/14/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After having researched and reading reviews on the new Civic Si, I finally made the purchase. From the moment I took it off the lot, I had a beaming grin. This car loves to be driven. I couldn't wait to pass the 500 mile mark to really see what it was made out of. Honda really keeps the driver in mind when they made this car, from the adjustable leather steering wheel, short shifter, seat ergonomics, headrests, and high quality plastics and interior. I was also considering getting the mustang GT, Infiniti G35, and nissan 350Z, obviously sheer torque and horsepower surpass the Si, but as far as performance, reliability, and the joy of driving, the Si is hard to beat

Yaprak's EX
By Yaprak on 12/14/06 07:14 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Honda 4 weeks ago. It is such a joy to drive it. I like the details featured inside. My daughter is very comfortable at the back seat. She can use the cup holders, and the pockets inside the doors, for keeping her small items in. I don't worry about her safety. We love our car.

Superb little car!
By Ashutosh D on 12/13/06 15:46 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is a superb car! It's very powerful for that comparatively small engine. Both the interior and exterior are attractive. Buttons/controls are well placed. The interiors are very spacious and so is the boot....I didn't expect the boot to be so big considering that its a coupe. Honda has done a great job in making a compact yet spacious car. Overall this car drives very smoothly and gives good mileage too! I'm happy with my experiences. A smart, powerful, economical car is how I will summarize it. Go for it!