Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2007 Honda LX 4dr auto
By jmewb

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic LX 4dr in June of 06. It now has 6000 miles. This vehicle suffers from front wheel spin, a bumpy ride (considering its lack of performance) but gets really good gas mileage. I get between 25-26 mpg in the city and 35-26 hwy. The seats are more comfortable over time. Great paint job. Overall, a good buy & much better for the environment than the Mazda3.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage of course. Very good stereo. Lots of safety equipment.

Suggested Improvements

Move the parking break toward the middle of the console; too close to my knee. Suspension upgrade to decrease tire spin.

The Right Choice
By Driver8

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Civic Hybrid for a month, and I'm very pleased with its mileage (43 MPG over all), its comfort, its stereo, and its features. I thought about a Prius, but the Civic is better- -and a better buy. It's standard features are better--and you don't rack up another 3K in price to get good features. I used Edmunds to get a read, and these reviews really helped me. For example, at 6'1', I needed more leg room--and got it with the Civic. And golf clubs fit right in the trunk. Two kids in the back very comfortably. I drove an Accord in high school, and this Civic is the same size--very cool. Pick up is great when needed; but it's mileage gauge teaches you to be a smarter with gas.

Favorite Features

Mileage and mileage gauge; engine shut off at stop...no wasting gas and pumping junk in the air; radio; cup holders and storage; dash; steering wheel controls; modern look; good A/C; programmable locks;

Suggested Improvements

Flip key; back seat arm rest (child divider); Bluetooth; keep improving mileage

Great Compact Car
By Kathy

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I went from a Yukon Denali to a Honda Civic as my main vehicle with no problem. I was hooked on a Honda once I drove my friend's Accord several times. It felt heavy and handled the road well even though it had over 125,000 miles. I am very pleased with my purchase of a Honda Civic.

Favorite Features

Two-tier digital display of odometer w/ a blue background.

Suggested Improvements

Would recommend Honda install a rear seat cup holder(s).

Quality not what I expected from a Honda
By Daniel

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 1997 Civic LX 4-d to get this car, and it's worlds better. The only problem is that this car has a lot of noise. Road noise is common in small cars, but there are so many shakes and rattles, that I'm gonna have to get them fixed by the dealer when I take it in to get its first oil change. The sub rattles the back parcel shelf, the pass. seat frame rattles, there is a whistling noise coming through the windshield, and the handles on the roof rattle. Other than that, only small complaints, like how the rear end collects a lot of dust, and how I have to adjust my seat all the way down so that my head doesnt brush the roof (I'm 5.10).

Favorite Features

Digital speedometer, subwoofer, sunroof, CD text display, steering wheel music controls, and height adjustment on the drivers seat (necessary if you have an EX (sunroof) and are over 5.9 or so)

Suggested Improvements

Move the parking brake! My knee always hits it and it's the most aggravating thing on the car!

Very Fun & Great Looking
By Jeff D

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a black Civic Si sedan. Its very fun to drive and is pretty quick if you rev it to 8000. I wanted white but all they had was a black one with 4 miles, right off the truck. Its great looking but black is a lot of work.

Favorite Features

The looks and the great seats, along with the 6 speed and powerful 2 liter when reved to 8000.

Suggested Improvements

The 6 speed is great, but it doesn't go into 3rd gear smoothly. I wonder if anybody else has this problem. And the rev's stay up when letting off the gas,which I really don't like at all. otherwise its a great fun car