2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2007 Si. My best purchase
By slime84070 on 04/02/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car and happened to find the si. I have driven the older models and loved them, when I first got in the drivers seat of this car I felt like I was in a Jet ready to take off. I love the feel of the car. It sounds great, has great turning and can get up and go. You get a lot of looks in this car. This car is pretty fast if you need it to. The 8200 redline is a feature I really enjoy. When in 2nd gear and you hit the 6000 rpm the Vtec kicks in, and puts you into your seat. I cant help myself but smile every time. This Si is truly one awesome care and a GREAT purchase. I love the in car features as well. makes driving fun and comfortable.

Best overall bang for the buck
By joes21 on 03/29/08 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've been a Honda owner all of my life. I've had a 1983 Civic DX hatchback, 1986 Prelude Si and a 1993 Civic EX. The 2007 Civic Si sedan is the best so far! You get Acura features and quality in the Si and it's soooo affordable for a fun, functional, good looking, sporty sedan. The more we look at the sedan, the more I'm glad we waited for the 4-door versus the coupe. My wife & I love it and it's our family car now since we sold our SUV. The only recurring negative I have to mention is that third gear is a little tough to engage, especially when it's cold. Honda service has looked at it three times and claims there's nothing wrong with it. Other than that. We have the PERFECT sedan!

Lots of bang for the buck
By ALB SNWBRDR on 03/20/08 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Civic SI has grown up, and so have I (....sort of). I recently purchased (3/08) a 2007 left over Civic SI sedan . I sold my 2005 Civic SI Hatchback. It was a great car. the 2007 has improved all of the features that I didn't like in the 2005 such as: less aggressive racing seats, adding a 6th gear, larger rims, and an armrest (front & rear). The 2007 is fast & can still can zig-zag through corners like a cars twice its price. The exhaust has a nice throaty sound.

Love it so far and hope to love it more!
By Juliea201 on 03/11/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this in summer '07 as a new replacement for my creaky, marshmallowy '94 Camry. I chose the Civic SI in favor of the Mazda 3 Hatch due to the firmer, sportier suspension, better looking interior, and overall driving fun. I took 2-3 testdrives in the coupe and sedan before buying and on my last drive I told my husband "Get me out of this vehicle before I write them a check right now!" I will add that I've also experience the 3rd gear pop-out and grinding issues; thought it was just me. Have found that 2500 (right at abt 18-21mph) & 4000 rpm are where it likes to hit that gear best but you must be precise. I wonder if this is partially the "hang-throttle" issue.

Very nice Si!
By Ed on 02/26/08 18:16 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

In 20,000 miles I haven't had any problems save for third gear being notchy. Will let dealer see before warranty expires. Small gas tank only allows about 320 miles to the gallon on premium fuel only. Si also requires synthetic oil. I wish the windshield wasn't so huge because the sun glare is bad. Overall, if gas wasn't so high I would buy again. I think I will trade down to a regular civic for better fuel economy. Can't complain about the reliability though, it's been awesome. Don't spend for the factory navi as Garmin makes better units for WAY less money.

Fun-tastic
By Si-Dan on 01/28/08 04:21 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The driving feel of the car is unbelievable. The seating comfort is very sufficient for all occupants. The heads up dash display is a little awkward and takes some time to get used to, but is very helpful. The exterior appearance is somewhat subtle but very appealing at the same time. I wish the front doors did not have the separate window panes, but it is understood as being different from the 2 door coupe. The gas mileage is acceptable, especially considering the 197 hp 4 cyl. engine. The vehicle is light weight and practically floats on the roads, but does not make you feel uneasy at all. Interior noise could be a little quieter, but the driveability is excellent so it does not matter much.

2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan - BEWARE
By JD on 01/21/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The cons: The shifter is horrible, it is extremely clunky and has occasional problems shifting into third gear (it is almost like you are getting locked out of third) (Yes I know how to drive stick and no, my floor mats are not getting in the way!!). The passenger airbag light goes on and off even when there is nothing on, behind, under, in front of or in back of the passenger seat. The sun roof rattles more than a rattle snake getting beat with a stick. There are other rattles that come from the passenger seat and the doors. The paint chips very easily. Everything in the interior of the car is made of cheap plastic.

Best car I've ever owned
By Seàn on 01/05/08 09:07 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I leased this car in June of 07 and so far I have had a few minor issues, but overall it's a great car. You don't see too many of these on the road and that's a good thing. Engaging VTEC is very addicting.

A Terrible Disappointment
By Lyndongolden on 01/04/08 08:54 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My test drive of the Si sedan left me smiling, road test reviews were great, and Honda typically has a good reputation, so my expectations for this Honda were very high. But reality set in after 6,000 miles. No torque! Real problems included: transmission jumping out of 3rd gear & grinding into 3rd gear, clutch pedal creak noises, suspension pop noises, and a creaky structure. Transmission made "gritty" chattering & whirling noises at low speeds. Warranty clutch & flywheel replacement did not help. Overall, all of these noises were fatiguing and the car was a disappointment. Traded it in for a solid 2008 GMC Sierra... something with substance, solidity, and guts.

THE MOST FUN TO DRIVE!!!
By DAVID ELLIS on 01/03/08 11:37 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Honda Civic Si is an excellent buy and extremely fun to drive. The pick up speed in the Si is very good and the shifting is very smooth. I have driven the STI Subaru and found the shifting ruff. I love my 2007 Civic Si!! Handling and the options on the vehicle are great. Love the interior colors and design. This car is a must have for those who like performance with a small price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.