Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Si

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Good little car
By devils41

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Good car fun to drive love it and love the looks I get in it. I'm 23 years old first car I have bought, not gonna mod it out. But have replaced intake with Injen Cold air intake and put in my own diamond mesh grill. Good car would recommend for anyone. Only problem is there needs to be more power, other cars in its class have more power, cobalt SS turbo is around 260 hp, and lancer ralliart is around 237 hp. only car it really beats out in its class is the Nissan Sentra R. Sound system is good but subwoofer and interior is great but it attracts lint like no other.

Favorite Features

iV-Tech engine and sound not too ricey. Digital speedometer. VSA controls. Six speed tranny. sound quality, seats and SI emblems

Suggested Improvements

Make it faster than the RSX type S has same engine and same car but Type s has 200HP and leather seats. Optional supercharger or turbocharger from Honda. More options for aftermarket parts from Honda that won't void warranty

Almost
By cz75

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Probably the nicest Honda product I've owned, but you can feel that there was more cost-cutting here than in the past, as while there are more features, the car doesn't seem as sturdy as previous models. Also, there are some glitches like a notchy, recalcitrant third gear and the strange surge from drive-by-wire when cold and the car isn't as smooth to shift as past Hondas I've owned.

Favorite Features

I can't pick one favorite that stands above others, so I'd just say that how much Honda offers on such a low-end model is impressive, such as VSC, Recaro seats, LSD, six-speed and that this car has the best handling of any of my previous cars, both Integras.

Suggested Improvements

HIDs, bigger brakes, more compliant, better damped suspension, better OEM tires, smoother transmission and more power.

Si = performance, handling and economy
By Thunder

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi, Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The split-level dash is awesome - almost like having a heads-up display. The car reads your mind on changing directions, and accelerates very un-Honda-like when desired. It's a little loud inside, and the ride is like that of a full-size truck, but overall it strikes an exceptional balance between sport and function, and gets 33 hwy MPG. In almost 8K miles so far, I've averaged better than 30 MPG overall - amazing, as I haven't babied it. The low torque (139 lb-ft) of the Si relative to turbocharged competitors was a feature, as it allows me to be far more smooth than while trying to second-guess a turbo.

Favorite Features

Jekyll & Hyde - can be benign to drive when shifting under 3K RPM. But rev it up to 5800 (where VTEC kicks in) and it's a monster for 2200 RPM. Close ratio in 1st through 5th means shifting near the 8K redline puts you back in VTEC in the higher gear. Too much fun. Handles like a slot car.

Suggested Improvements

Improve build tolerances (on my Canadian-assembled car, at least) since rattles proliferate after a few thousand miles. Thick, sloping A-pillars are a challenge in curves & turns - perhaps do like that Volvo concept car and make them partially transparent. Fix the acknowledged 3rd gear problem.

Outta the Park
By losa

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is just a great little ride for anyone. I had an S2K, but since it's convertible, I decided to go with something at least a little more practical. The fact that it's a Honda says a lot. High RPM, great reliability ratings, gas mileage, futuristic styling, and definitely the handling is precise, and the list goes on. I only have one complaint and that is rattling of something in the roof. It's possible that there might be a pebble or acorn or something that got sucked in while I was doing the sunroof back, but it is a very annoying problem. Also, the wheels seem to chip easy. I drive on gravel roads very little, but on two of my wheels, it is chipped.

Favorite Features

Dashboard (both red and blue backlights), iV-tec, audio system, exhaust system, upholstery, and even the gas mileage. It is by far the best in its class, and the most boring trip can become the funnest (and quickest)! The engine is a perfect match for the car.

Suggested Improvements

Bi-Xenon headlamps maybe, I do enjoy the manual, but perhaps a electronic- shift automatic system would sell the car to the people who can't drive stick-shifts. Then again, I like to be one of the few who drives an Si. Wind noise can be bothersome, I guess that's why they have that nice audio system.

So Far, So Good
By I'm a Fan

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this new in December of 2006. Love the looks and it is still a blast to drive. I have it in black and it is sharp. Only defects so far is the sunroof rattled and 3rd gear was a little sticky. Dealer fixed both problems, no charge. Interior plastic is a little cheap, it scuffs easily and I dented the door where I rest my elbow. Vehicle stability assist has kicked in a couple of times in the snow and it helped with the traction. For performance, appearance, and sheer fun to drive it can't be beat.

Favorite Features

Vtec engine and the way the car grips the road in a curve.

Suggested Improvements

Power seats as an option. Upgrade the cloth interior so it doesn't act as a magnet for pet hair.