2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Civic Hybrid
By curtis on 11/28/07 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

A great car for driving around town. Very underpowered on the highway and suffers from extreme road/wind noise at highway speed. The car is comfortable enough but long trips get very laborious because of the noise. The relatively low power on the highway requires drivers to plan passing and other maneuvers rather than simply jumping into another lane and passing a group of slower cars. If you are a "cruise-comtrol at 65mph" type, this may not be as much of a handicap as it is for drivers used to a car with much more power. I averaged about 44mpg at 75mph through hilly terrain. Bottom line: If you drive it like a hybrid and accept the tradeoffs, you will probably be happy.

Love This Car!!
By luvmyhybrid on 11/23/07 16:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had my hybrid for a month now and I love it. I'm averaging about 43 mpg (have 1700 miles on it already) and am very pleased with the performance. The car handles well, is fun to drive and the navi system and XM radio are fantastic features. I got a great deal on this car and it has been worth every penny so far. If I had to say anything negative about it, it would be the lack of lumbar support, but the seats aren't that bad compared to the 98 Jetta I was driving. The other surprising thing about this car is how much interior room there is. My Jetta was a bigger car, but had less room inside. Definitely a plus. If you are thinking about getting this car, DO IT.

The Right Choice
By Driver8 on 11/06/07 19:06 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the Civic Hybrid for a month, and I'm very pleased with its mileage (43 MPG over all), its comfort, its stereo, and its features. I thought about a Prius, but the Civic is better- -and a better buy. It's standard features are better--and you don't rack up another 3K in price to get good features. I used Edmunds to get a read, and these reviews really helped me. For example, at 6'1', I needed more leg room--and got it with the Civic. And golf clubs fit right in the trunk. Two kids in the back very comfortably. I drove an Accord in high school, and this Civic is the same size--very cool. Pick up is great when needed; but it's mileage gauge teaches you to be a smarter with gas.

Save Big!
By Steven on 10/26/07 14:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you drive with gas saving in mind, slowly & patiently this car is for you. Little bit of a stiff ride,but seats are comfy. CVT takes a little bit to get used to. Been accustomed to having a vehicle shift to each gear,now this cvt is shiftless just the one gear constantly adjusting for best fuel mileage. Power is what you should expect from a hybrid. I think my lawn mower has more get up and go. Steers like a charm and no complaints yet. I honestly drive like a grandpa. This car suits me very well. Performance is not this vehicle by any means. I've owned a Camaro with a LS1 engine, I know power and paying for it at the pump.

I Love This Car!
By Andrew on 10/14/07 15:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this little car. It is super easy to maneuver and so fun to drive. My only complaint is that it is a little underpowered for highway driving. There is plenty of power for city driving however. But that is the sacrifice you make when you buy the hybrid. But I do get 52mpg on the highway! City driving is more around 40 to 41mpg. Arlington in quite the hilly county so I am not surprised the actual mileage in city is not higher. I also love this car because at 6'3 the car is quite accomodating but I do have to have my seat all the way back. That means that the people sitting behind me are more than a tad cramped. Ergonomics are great and everything is within reach.

Great Little Car
By dave on 09/21/07 10:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was driving an '00 Ford Escort and when I read the "noisy ride" Consumer Reports comments, I worried about the noise level. Alas, the Civic Hybrid is comparatively silent! I am getting 50+ MPG in town (flat Florida) with AC off, 47 with AC on. On the drive home from Ohio, I got 48. The transmission is so smooth I never notice the "shift". Wife (leadfoot) loves the speedometer placed right in the line of vision with big, well lit numerals. Braking is satisfactory (Accord is better). Acceleration surprisingly adequate but if you lead foot it, you pay in the MPG dept. The seats are OK. It's really fun to see how your driving habits affect your fuel economy (MPG display).

Great car
By JV on 09/14/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

This car has exceeded my expectations. I have a lengthy commute (100 miles a day) and needed a car with good gas mileage. Gas mileage has been holding at 48 mpg for mixture of interstate, highway and city miles. At 55 MPH on the relatively flat Florida roads I can get about 55ish MPG. The Civic Hybrid exceeded my expectations in two main areas. First, it accelerates a little better than I expected. Maybe it just feels like it to me, who knows. The next area I was impressed with still amazes me. There is an incredible amount of room in the front seat! I'm 6'2" 230 lbs used to a full size pickup truck but this car has tons of head room, shoulder room and my seat isn't all the way back! Wow.

Best Fun Per MPG
By dochollywood on 09/10/07 15:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is amazing. I have driven the car nearly 8000 miles, mostly highway, but about 20% city, and I am averaging about 53 MPG. Really, that is what the on board computer says and when I calculate it myself, I get more like 55 MPG. Either way, more than what the sticker claims. I drive conservative, but on straight-aways and downhill I go at least 70 MPH, and uphill around 55-60, so I do not drive exceedingly slow. The car is fun to drive and handles like a sports car...a definite great buy.

Perfect for me
By preciousTS on 09/05/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed a vehicle with great gas mileage, yet big enough to hold luggage, two keyboards, stands, an amp, a large box of equipment, a large dog crate and a bicycle. I can fit all of this and more into my little Civic Hybrid. While shopping I actually had salespeople attempt to load my music equipment into a Prius but it would not fit. This little Civic is a joy to drive, looks great, is quiet and comfy and has all of the safety features I have come to love and trust about Hondas. I get anywhere between 43 to 57 miles per gallon, and find this to be a zippy little machine. I previously drove a Chevy Malibu and loved it, but for the savings in gas the Civic wins the day. Sweet little car!

Do the Right Thing
By Roy on 08/17/07 11:34 AM (PDT)

This is a nice car! Roomy, comfortable. Great ergonomics, except for the lack of automatic headlights. Sluggish pickup, but that's the price for great gas mileage. Once it gets going, it's fine in traffic. XM radio is a treat, but the audio quality could be better. With my "No more blood for oil" bumper sticker, I'm having fun driving in front of Hummers. And with the safety features, I don't have to be intimidated by them. Handling is good. It's a tight ride. I expect typical Honda dependability. Trunk is big enough for most uses. Bottom line: Gets me where I'm going in comfort and safety, for about half the gas as my last car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.