Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Junk
By josh510

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Civic, which I bought for the looks. What a mistake. Honda cut too many corners. At least they are fixing most issues, but I'm tired of taking the car to the shop. Here are my issues so far. Visors - Honda Replaced Control Arms/Tire Wear - Honda Replaced Motor Mounts - I paid for this Paint going bad - Honda will fix the hood and fenders but not the roof. Water Pump Pulley - Honda Replaced Engine Block Crack - Honda Replaced My other two Civics were great, but this one has been terrible. These repairs were made in addition to replacing the terrible Firestone tires and Honda battery (those both have always been bad). Unfortunately this will be my last Civic.

Name went on before the quality went in
By cc58

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2007 EX coupe for 80,000 miles and 6 years now. I've learned that honda reliability can be counted on for their recalls. It will fail if you get one. Got recall on bolt failure on water pump pulley. Shortly after the pulley fell out of the engine bay and destroyed a belt. Luckily, no other damage and was fixed for free. Got a recall on visor failure and it failed and replaced free. Got a TSB on motor mount failure, motor started slamming into chassis replaced mount at my expense. In the last few months the paint on the roof has rapidly oxidized under the clearcoat and looks terrible. Unfortunately, no recall yet on the paint and I can not afford to fix it. Honda, never again.

Do a recall for all the bad paints jobs out there.

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.

Replaced hybrid battery twice over 162,000 miles
By jlrob

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used with only 25,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000. First battery went out just under warranty of 100,000 so fixed by dealer at no cost to me. Second battery did not even last 60,000 miles, warranty apparently expired as Honda refused to fix so I paid $2700 for the part plus labor, etc. Whatever $$$ I saved with hybrid technology clearly down the drain. Would never buy this car again.

Unlike my two previous Dodge Grand Caravans (1993 and 1995), I never had to fix automatic door openers, radio dials, speakers, and have only had to replace brakes once. Seems very solid and stable as compared to Chevy Cruze and Nissan Versa I rented while my 2nd hybrid battery was being installed. Nothing else besides the battery seems to be an issue, i.e. transmission, etc.

Better battery!!!!

Pretty pleased except for ....
By peter_peter

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with this car, except for as many consumers have already posted is the tire wear and the road noise. I do experience some transmission shaking when I am driving from a complete stop. This happens right around 15-22 mph. But if you step on the gas it isn't noticeable. The MPG is great, I drive rather mello to max out my MPG's and I am getting low 30's consistently (30-34). The sun visor seems to break right at the hinge (2x), but over all this car has been good to me.

MPG's, sleek body design (sporty) and sun roof.

Uneven tire wear, road noise, transmission does shake when going from 1st to 2nd when you accelerate slowly (15-20 mph). Honda needs to fix this problem with the tires and the abnormally loud road noise, makes the drive louder than it should.