2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fire Hazard!
By mike on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car caught fire in my driveway. Thankfully, no one was hurt. The insurance company originally said that the fire was caused by a short in the wiring harness. They later stated that the cause of the fire was undetermined. There is no TSB for this problem, but there is a report on NHSTA's web site from another 07 Civic owner who's car ignited because of a faulty wiring harness. Honda needs to do something.

My used Honda
By Nicole on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car used but was it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, everyday something new came up that made me love it less. My gas doesn't last me a week. I understand I drive quite a few miles from home to work and school but its ridiculous how in 4 days my gas would disappear completely. Driving it is great, until you notice the gas. It took me a good 3 weeks to finally get comfortable in my seat, even now it still doesn't feel right. Looks great thought!

07 Civic Si
By Detar24 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage (mid-30s on the highway). Given it's competitors, it could use a bit more power; however, the engine pulls strong through the entire power band (redline of 8k). It also has one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've ever driven. Granted, the styling, both interior and exterior, is very polarizing; you either love it or hate it. The dashboard does give the impression you are driving a space shuttle, and visibility suffers.

2007 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan Automatic
By Honda Driver on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is definitely one of the best sedans on the market. It only costs 17k nicely equipped and you get one of the best made cars in the world. If you want a safe/reliable/affordable car you can't go wrong with buying a Civic.

Love my Civic
By Warrant on 09/08/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic, I had a 2006 EX automatic and always wanted a manual. I would like to see the steering wheel move more up and down and while I did have 6 broken sun visors I fixed the last set with two well placed Stainless screws and nuts. I love the 33 plus mpg sometimes even 42 if I baby it. The only other thing that is hard to deal with is if you drive west into the sun it is a lot of windshield to blaze the sun in on you.

Honda deception
By Joann on 09/07/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently had the new software update that we got as a result of a recall. Now we have lost power and fuel economy. We recently read a number of articles that claim that Honda knows they have a problem with their batteries so made this update so that the car relies on the gas portion and not the Hybrid part. Sometimes we can't get up our own driveway. We called Honda and they said too bad even though our car was under warranty. We are very disappointed in Honda because they are only thinking about their bottom line (they don't want to buy new batteries) and not customer satisfaction or safety.

Disgusted first-time Honda buyer
By Disappointed on 09/02/10 09:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My first Honda and I was thrilled with it - for the first year and a half. Since then all hell has broken loose. Bought 1/07; 2 recalls the first year; put on 4 new 60K tires 8/08; rear stabilizer bar arms replaced 5/09 (dealer got it covered, but I had to pay for labor). Since then back tires are noisy (due to uneven tread wear from stabilizer bar arms) and back- seat passengers can't hear anything but tires; can't rotate. Leaking power steering fluid 8/10 - had to replace rack system ($800) and told all 4 of my tires were shot and wouldn't even pass inspection! Called Honda corporate and they did NOTHING for me. First-time buyer and I will NEVER buy another Honda product!

True reliability and quality
By Justin G. on 08/26/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Terrific car that I've owned for 3 years and not one mechanical problem. It is reliable, built to last, gets 40 mph (better than it is supposed to), and generally is the best car I've every owned AND one of the least expensive. I plan to keep this car for many more years.

Sadly my last Honda
By Greg on 08/17/10 10:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

When I bought the car new I loved it! sporty styling, feel, and supposedly good mileage, but never more than 26vmpg. It turned out to be the worst car I've owned.@ 2k miles interior trim pieces were falling off. 1st oil change alignment was off and my tires were shot! Honda wouldn't cover it! 20k brakes were shot. A/c has never worked correctly, 7 times to the shop and still goes out! at 30k miles dealer didn't tighten the oil plug and destroyed motor, had to fight to cover it. Now @ 40k miles interior is falling apart, rode noise is horrid, seats are terrible for long drives, jerks when it shifts, and Honda care line is a joke, they don't care. I filed under lemon law. My last new Honda.

Like Wine
By TankerToad53 on 08/13/10 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Si Coupe used with 67K miles. on the odometer. This car is an absolute blast to drive. It has been over 20 yrs since I would go out for a drive through the twisties, just for the heck of it. Now, I can't wait for Sunday's to go out on a spirited drive. The engine is now approaching 70K, still rev's solidly to 8K RPM. Gearbox is a dream (except 1st to 2nd, Probably needs this synchro replaced). Suspension is still solid and the car still gets the looks, although I could do without that, specially from the traffic enforcers!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.