Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

really great car
By carzcrazy87

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

my 07 civic hybrid has 81k on it and I have had zero problems or complaints with this amazing car. It has the built in navigation and great sounds system all of it is voice activated. It also has the sunroof that is very nice and gets used alot. This car is so comfortable for me and roomy for the carseat in the back. The trunk holds alot for a smaller car. Very sporty dash and outside design. Have never had this car in the shop for anything. I do all town driving and get 40mpg every time. Ive seen some reviews that complain about this car and it has to be the owner being too rough. This is a great quality car and have no problems inside or out with it!

Favorite Features

stylish, fuel economy, reliability, cool blue interior, cockpit design is very futuristic.

Replaced hybrid battery twice over 162,000 miles
By jlrob

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used with only 25,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000. First battery went out just under warranty of 100,000 so fixed by dealer at no cost to me. Second battery did not even last 60,000 miles, warranty apparently expired as Honda refused to fix so I paid $2700 for the part plus labor, etc. Whatever $$$ I saved with hybrid technology clearly down the drain. Would never buy this car again.

Favorite Features

Unlike my two previous Dodge Grand Caravans (1993 and 1995), I never had to fix automatic door openers, radio dials, speakers, and have only had to replace brakes once. Seems very solid and stable as compared to Chevy Cruze and Nissan Versa I rented while my 2nd hybrid battery was being installed. Nothing else besides the battery seems to be an issue, i.e. transmission, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Better battery!!!!

Pretty pleased except for ....
By peter_peter

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am very pleased with this car, except for as many consumers have already posted is the tire wear and the road noise. I do experience some transmission shaking when I am driving from a complete stop. This happens right around 15-22 mph. But if you step on the gas it isn't noticeable. The MPG is great, I drive rather mello to max out my MPG's and I am getting low 30's consistently (30-34). The sun visor seems to break right at the hinge (2x), but over all this car has been good to me.

Favorite Features

MPG's, sleek body design (sporty) and sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

Uneven tire wear, road noise, transmission does shake when going from 1st to 2nd when you accelerate slowly (15-20 mph). Honda needs to fix this problem with the tires and the abnormally loud road noise, makes the drive louder than it should.

Great commute car
By offroad87

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2007 for commuting to replace a Camaro. Si is quick enough to commute and move easily in all kinds of traffic. It gives me average 23 mpg even when I drive it hard. Car is reliable, fun, and not so thirsty. Back seat space isn't that great for adults, but don't mind since I use it to commute. I will be repainting the whole car since the paint isn't that great. After 80k car has been reliable and looks like it will go for another 10 years.

Favorite Features

Reliability, responsive engine, interior design and space, small enough to fit most places.

Suggested Improvements

Clear coat on roof, sun visor's quality, and 3rd gear issue if it hasn't been fixed yet.

Good car but other than few recall issues
By jay4414

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought it new from the dealer and there is a water boiling sound from the engine and dealer wont do shit even though there is recall on same issue with other year. Gas mileage and the seating comfort is very poor. Trans shutters in from 1st to 2nd if you press the pedel slow. Overall I like it but I do not buy another Honda due to their dont care customer service attitude.

Suggested Improvements

Honda must accept their fault and recall fix the issues such as Trans, Water pump, Tire wearing etc