2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 4

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Stay away from Honda!
By April on 11/29/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased this car under the impression Honda is a good car. Never again! Even the company was horribly rude, worse than non-helpful- accusatory, and defended their illegal actions of their dealerships. Our civic has since 20k had steering problems, shifting problems, battery problems, engine issues and other parts having to be replaced by notice of recall or failed. However the dealership which did the repairs failed to properly document and repair saying the noises, shaking, and hard shifting are normal. The problems have constantly gotten worse and now that the car is over warranty Honda insulted us plus refusing to repair the car! Go get a Hyundai or other car with a 100k warranty.

BAD mpg
By Alex on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a civic hybrid for the mpg. on the sticker it displayed mpg of 51/49. i thought that would be great. unfortunately i got around 28 hwy. so i traded in for a regular civic

Love my civic!
By missyD on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love love love this car! Extremely roomy for a 2dr, even though the back is kinda cramped but that's understandable. Love the navigation interface, speaker system is amazing. Great gas mileage. Handles great. I really have no complaints whatsoever. However, I wouldn't buy this car if it was a lower end model. The reason why I love this car is because its ex w/navi. I've seen the lower end models w/o navi and its nothing special compared to the ex.

Great Car
By MissIndy on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I would most definitely recommend this car to any average sized person. This car is an absolute blast to drive, it handles very well on all types of roads. I have a lead foot and I always had over 30 mpg on the highways. The dash was easy to read.

Great car but overpriced
By martin on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Car gave me no problems which was important to me. A lot of recalls since i purchased the car. Interior cloth seats are cheap and wear uneven with regular use. The stereo knobs are backwards.climate controls are on the bottom and radio is above it, making it uncomfortable.Still not use to it after 4 yrs. I paid 18,500 which is a lot considering could have a GM compatible car for 5,000 less and kept the profits in good old USA. Would definitely buy American car next time.

Fire Hazard!
By mike on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car caught fire in my driveway. Thankfully, no one was hurt. The insurance company originally said that the fire was caused by a short in the wiring harness. They later stated that the cause of the fire was undetermined. There is no TSB for this problem, but there is a report on NHSTA's web site from another 07 Civic owner who's car ignited because of a faulty wiring harness. Honda needs to do something.

My used Honda
By Nicole on 09/13/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the car used but was it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, everyday something new came up that made me love it less. My gas doesn't last me a week. I understand I drive quite a few miles from home to work and school but its ridiculous how in 4 days my gas would disappear completely. Driving it is great, until you notice the gas. It took me a good 3 weeks to finally get comfortable in my seat, even now it still doesn't feel right. Looks great thought!

07 Civic Si
By Detar24 on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage (mid-30s on the highway). Given it's competitors, it could use a bit more power; however, the engine pulls strong through the entire power band (redline of 8k). It also has one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've ever driven. Granted, the styling, both interior and exterior, is very polarizing; you either love it or hate it. The dashboard does give the impression you are driving a space shuttle, and visibility suffers.

2007 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan Automatic
By Honda Driver on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is definitely one of the best sedans on the market. It only costs 17k nicely equipped and you get one of the best made cars in the world. If you want a safe/reliable/affordable car you can't go wrong with buying a Civic.

Love my Civic
By Warrant on 09/08/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Civic, I had a 2006 EX automatic and always wanted a manual. I would like to see the steering wheel move more up and down and while I did have 6 broken sun visors I fixed the last set with two well placed Stainless screws and nuts. I love the 33 plus mpg sometimes even 42 if I baby it. The only other thing that is hard to deal with is if you drive west into the sun it is a lot of windshield to blaze the sun in on you.