2007 Honda Civic 1.3L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Warning

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Warning
By Christine Wagner on

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Honda is aware of an issue with the control arm, however, they are not giving a recall notice. I was told they are not making the owners aware of the problem, because it is "intermittent". I went in for an oil change and tire rotation at 14,000 miles, and was told that the inspection indicator on the dash was requesting that a full vehicle inspection be conducted. Since my gas mileage had gone from 41 mpg to 34 mpg, I agreed to pay the $150.00 to Sunnyside Honda in Parma OH for the inspection. I was told that the control arm was defective and that both rear tires also needed to be replaced as a result. The dealership would only replace the control arm and not the rear tires.

Favorite Features

My life before I purchased this car.

Suggested Improvements

To all that read this, I hope you will get the control arm checked. This is a grave safety issue and Honda Motors is severely negligent to its Honda owners. Personally, I feel their customer care philosophy, is customer care"less". FYI, Honda customer relations would not replace the tires also.