2007 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Well put together and easy to live with.
By Dave Dugan on 02/08/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had this car two years and it has been easy and cheap to live with. The only downside to this car is the braking performance, which you will notice the first time you drive it. Also, don't expect typical handling and performance, this model is tuned for economy. Still, I love the build quality and the design is great too.

Drive Green Save Green
By bmorey on 10/25/08 23:38 PM (PDT)

You can't beat a Honda Civic Hybrid with voice activated navigation. This eco-friendly auto gets great gas mileage (avg. 46+ MPG) in city & hwy driving., it is fun to drive, has some terrific features and it's a Honda so what else is there to worry about? Slight decrease on the EPA ratings 49/51 are to be expected as we live in an area that has a lot of hills. Our HCH has a Thule Roof Rack and generally have surfboards on them most of the time. Most people don't realize that EPA estimates for Hwy are tested at 55 mph with one occupant weighing less than 150 lbs, and without the AC running.

Life with my Civic Honda
By knoll on 09/17/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I takes a while to get used to this gem of a vehicle. The electric motor acts like a turbo to assist the gas motor. I've had a few rattles and a window motor recall, but I've been thrilled with the 36,000 miles I've put on it thus far. Handling is superb. I can spin the tires, but I wish I could get a larger electric motor as an option to help with the 1800 ft. peak I drive over twice daily on my 45 mile commute. Mileage is controversial with this car; people report all kinds. For me, if I don't watch what I'm doing, I get a combined 42 mpg (over the last 2000 miles). If I pay attention, and keep the revs below 2500, I can easily get low 50's mpg. If I draft a semi, I can get over 70!

Was great, but after 15k problems appear
By jordan4308 on 08/04/08 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 15k on the car. AIR CONDITIONING IS HORRIBLE. I live in Colorado where we have had 20 days of 90+ heat. And when I drive the car home, the AC STOPS BLOWING COLD AIR whenever the car is stopped (w or w/o autostop). Honda manufacturing & my local dealer have confirmed "THIS IS THE WAY THE CAR IS DESIGNED. In order to get the AC to blow cold air, the engine must be above a certain RPM." Do you have any idea how uncomfortable it is to be sitting in the blazing sun at 5200 ft with no AC? It sucks. That's why I bought a car WITH AC. Turns out I must rev at the stoplights to have AC. Really disappointed with Honda. wish I had known this before buying.

Gutless Hybrid has Ups & Downs
By Hush on 07/22/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased an 07 Civic Hybrid. Not only is it gutless, but fails to get the advertised mpg. I get about 32 around town. Now that's double from my last car and I actually don't mind filling it up. Ups & Downs.

Can't get mileage up!
By kreislt on 07/17/08 14:22 PM (PDT)

We drive half highway half in-town for a 10 mile commute and longer distance trips on the weekend. Over 20K miles and only getting 38 mpg with not much variation highway vs. city despite making sure tires well inflated. Cloth interior started wearing down six months into owning; get the leather now that it's an option! GPS is only good for providing map of where you are en route but points of interest are impossible to navigate and she takes you on crazy trips sometimes (wasn't this way with older Honda GPS in accord). beautiful dash design and fun to drive. why are we getting such poor gas mileage?

10,000 miles on a Hybrid
By Greg in NC on 06/25/08 19:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just turned 10,000 miles on our 2007 Civic Hybrid. After having for about 8 months now I've grown to appreciate the car and what it offers. First, I find it comfortable and I'm over 6 foot. The AC systems works well. Ride remains good, although there is some road noise. I find the engine peppy for what it is, and that is a gas saver. You want fast acceleration - buy a Corvette. This car will go easily with the pack. Recent 1,200 mile trip averaged 47+ and 48.11 on the way home. And I ran with traffic. Car likes to be on cruise control. About 60MPH is the best speed to max fuel economy. I keep tires pumped to 33PSI and I use 5w20 synthetic oil.

Gas Saver!
By ade295 on 06/04/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the third Honda that I have owned and once again I was more than pleased with its performance. Driving a hybrid takes a little getting used in reference to how quiet it is but it handles just as well as my Accord did. I drive about 120 miles a day and have really noticed a savings in gas and time at the pump! If you are conscious of how you drive you can really get up to 50 mpg. This is the best car I have ever owned!!

You don't have to pay to play!
By kflannery1 on 05/08/08 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After Government rebate this car cost me $19,500. In return I received a car that is safe, comfortable, with very good handling and easy on the eye. I drive this car approx. 70% highway & 30% city and average 55 miles per gallon ( 50 in winter / 60 in spring & summer ). To get this mileage you MUST drive conservatively (Coast downhill, accelerate slowly and use the instant mileage feedback gauge provided in your display.) I've completely changed my driving habits from aggressive to granny overnight. As I watch all the SUVs pass me on the road I just think of my last fill up (61.5 mph). I drive 40 miles to work & back each day & save 1200.00 dollars a year compared to my previous car.LOVE IT!

Updated review
By JV on 05/03/08 05:19 AM (PDT)

I originally posted a review in September just after I bought the car. I figured since I've been driving it for 7 months and 15,000 miles I'd post an update. I appreciate this car more each day! I've been averaging a shade under 51 mpg over the 15,000 miles. Interstate MPGs (75mph variety) drop the car to about 45 mpg so I stopped taking it. I live about 50 miles from my job and it takes me about an hour to get there. Very comfortable car with lots of head room and shoulder room. This car far exceeded my expectations.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.