Used 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

BAD mpg
By Alex

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Navi (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a civic hybrid for the mpg. on the sticker it displayed mpg of 51/49. i thought that would be great. unfortunately i got around 28 hwy. so i traded in for a regular civic

Favorite Features

navi

Suggested Improvements

mpg and no power.

Honda deception
By Joann

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We recently had the new software update that we got as a result of a recall. Now we have lost power and fuel economy. We recently read a number of articles that claim that Honda knows they have a problem with their batteries so made this update so that the car relies on the gas portion and not the Hybrid part. Sometimes we can't get up our own driveway. We called Honda and they said too bad even though our car was under warranty. We are very disappointed in Honda because they are only thinking about their bottom line (they don't want to buy new batteries) and not customer satisfaction or safety.

Great mileage
By keith

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded Kia Sorrento during gas crunch... should have kept trade-in despite bad mileage. Honda is quite noisy all around & not at all comfortable on long drives. Getting in & out of car is a chore for taller(& older) people. Fuel economy(40-45 mpg) & acceleration are excellent. Switching back to SUV. I'd rather be comfortable & pay more for fuel. Civic hybrid makes a good commuter car.

Favorite Features

MPG, acceleration, quick steering response, visibility, decent sized trunk. Handles quite well in snow even without studs or chains.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seating, radio & road noise. Possibly the radio sounds better without the road noise. Raise the vehicle 6 inches, make it AWD & maintain 40 MPG.

Going green has tradeoffs
By Roger A.

Do not buy this car if you are wanting a comfortable ride. I'm 6'1 250lbs. It is very hard to get in the driver seat. The steering wheel has to be all the way in the up position and the seat all the way back for me to slide in. The seats are very hard and uncomfortable. The parking brake handle is located where my knee stays on it while driving, this will make your knee start hurting in about 10 - 15 minutes. I had to put a small pillow next to the brake handle to make the pain somewhat tolerable. Road noise is loud, I mean LOUD. The BIGGEST problem I have experienced is the cupping that occurs on the back tires, see below in the suggested improvements.

Favorite Features

40-45 average gas mileage, Navigation is great, climate control is great.

Suggested Improvements

Back Tires cupping, Honda issued a re- call on this. The dealer has attempted to fix it twice now. The tires continue to wear and are extremely loud. Honda has purchased me 2 sets of back tires I'm currently on the 3rd set and they are now worn out. 3 sets of tires in 80,000 miles. I now plan to sell it.

Not bad, could be better
By John

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had only a few problems with it. The electric motor at low speeds jerks the car until you stop accel or accel faster. I did not expect a sports car since this is a hybrid but driving it in the NYC (only got 25MPG in city) and highways (35-40MPG) a car like this is unable to get out of it's own way. This has caused me to get hit once since I could not get away from someone coming up behind me even when flooring it. I avg about 39-44MPG on my 30 mile one way to work and back. Car does not handle well even with new tires. AC does not seem to cool as much as I like, gets warm on auto stop. Road noise is horrible at 40+. Sound system is blah. Expected more overall for $26,000.

Favorite Features

Interior, dash display, Blue color is very nice, headlights are good, good MPG, safe, very easy and predictable to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Put a more powerful electric motor in, better sound, better handle ablility, better key transmitter, knock off some road noise, auto start, engine stays on when car is in park...Study the Prius hard Honda, you got a good car here but really need to step it up in every way.