Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Horrible blind spots. Engine issue should be a full recall...not some terrible bulletin with many loopholes for Honda to get around.

Significant problems; I'll never buy another Honda
By kaleto

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There are glaring problems with this car and Hondas in general. In fact, they had to extend the warranty on many parts.
After only a few years, one engine mount broke, the clear coat flaked, and the paint cracked.
The CVT transmission lags, which could cause an accident if you're expecting an immediate response from the gas pedal.
To top it off, they lied about the MPG when I bought it in 2007--originally boasted at 41 highway, at best I get in the low 30s highway.
Bottom line is there are better quality comparable cars, and because of the poor workmanship of this model (and Hondas in general for the past 10 years or so), I'll never buy another Honda.

Although the price was good compared to comparable cars, that doesn't make up for the shoddy workmanship--something I didn't expect from a Honda. The MPG is good, but was nowhere near what they promised in 2007 (41 highway).

One improvement would be to get a better quality paint & clearcoat supplier. Another would be to fire all those responsible for making it necessary to issue all the recalls and extend the warranties. That would have saved Honda lots of money in the long run, instead of alienating its customers by producing poor quality cars.

Bad Rear Control Arms
By kgoz

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Civics have been involved in a class action lawsuit involving the rear control arms.
If you purchase a used civic make sure the rear control arms have the letter "C" stamped on them, otherwise you will rapidly wear out tires.
The fix for this problem costs several hundred dollars (and Honda WILL NOT PAY for the repair).

Fuel economy is excellent.

Fuel economy

Fix rear control arm problem

Not happy with Honda
By eric_d

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car used with 32,000 miles on it and now own it with 96,000 miles. This is a good looking car and it is fun to drive. I will give it that...but...this build quality and reliability is horrible. The rear control arms ate away two sets of tires, and am currently waiting on Honda to reimburse me for them. Once on a road trip, some sensor failed and I was unable to go faster than 50 miles an hour. Very unsafe. The dome lights work intermittently as does the third brake light. I just had to replace the motor mount, as that has failed and caused extreme vibrations and loud noises when I shift from park to reverse. The road noise is also very loud. I am very disappointed with Honda.

The sound system on the EX is actually pretty decent. The A/C and heat is very powerful. The digital gauges are pretty cool too.

Better quality control, better seat (no lumbar support), ability to make the seats lower (I am 6'3 and my head hits the roof.

Great Trouble free car
By hpopik

I bought my Honda Civic and it is
a great dependable car .Drives nicely and handles well except in snow as it is not good for Alberta snowy winters. I have only 53,000 Kilometers about 35,000 miles and the car is just great.
Only one long trip of about 2,000 miles to Great Falls and back to St.Albert, Alberta in Canada.
Tires with purchase were of poor quality and I replaced them
with Bridgestone Ecopia tires and the car handles better than new.
I like the car as mine is black and other than a few dingles which I had detailed out for $275 and car looks like new . Visor had to be replaced on warranty and nothing else other than tires.
Great gas mileage and handles extremely well.

looks good and drives extremely well .I like the new dash as it is futuristic and easy to read.

Original factory tires are bad and detracts from the overall handling and driving experience when new . As mentioned doesn't handle well on snow and ice in Alberta's snowy and cold winters.