Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A great value
By jayster34

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic because I wanted reliability and good fuel economy. I have owned only small cars; this is the closest to a "big" car I have ever owned. It is far bigger than it looks, but drives like a smaller car. I am averaging 38 mph on the highway and 26 mph in hilly city driving. It also has the best heater/defroster that I have ever seen. My only complaints are a "lumpy" driver's seat and a parking brake that gets hit every time I enter the car. I love the digital dash; it is easy to read and looks "cool". I also wish that it had a trunk release button on the key fob and a sunglass holder. Other than that, it is a fantastic car.

Digital dash, fuel economy, easy-to-use controls, spacious interior, great cup holders in front, great "thump" when doors close.

Move parking brake, less lumpy seats, add trunk release button on key, add outside thermometer.

Quick Steering
By PMG

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic has very quick steering and at highway speeds you need to concentrate. It hanles very well is comfortable, peppy, and good gas mileage, 27 city. Compared it to a Mazda3, but the mileage, styling and dash sold me. I do not regret it at all. A bit too much road and wind noise. My other car is a BMW 5 series, and I prefer the Honda. This is my 4th Honda since my 1986 Accord. The new civic is exactly the same size.

Mileage, looks, blue dash lights, size.

The door locks drive me nuts. Maybe I have just not found a way that they always lock when you drive the car. Steering is too quick.

My first Honda
By BillandLinda

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Brakes are excellent. Paint chips easily. 34 mpg mixed driving, and 36 mpg highway. Tires have wonderful dry and wet traction, but they take bumps harshly. Needs a little more oomph when merging onto interstate. No noticable body lean. Almost 15000 miles on car. No problems with trunk, except gap a smidgen larger on one side. Thought the speedometer would have been a distraction while driving, but it is not. I see well over it, even though I'm 5'5.

ABS system. Quality of seats. Gas mileage.

Interior door handles and locks because they're difficult to grab. Hardier paint.

great car but...
By frank

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have two 2007 Honda Civics. They run great and get great mileage. The only drawbacks are the front windshield is impossible to clean as the dash barely leaves any room on the driver side. The head restraints can be irritating at first if you lean back in the seat. After a month of constantly bumping the back of your head you learn to sit up straight.The car is great around town but is not the most comfortable on long trips. Car has been wonderful other than that.

fuel economy

head restraint and interior windshield

Good All Around Vehcle
By JohnJ

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

After purchasing this vehicle I drove it from the Calif central coast to Oregon and the Seattle Washington area and back to Calif. The car drove effortlessly thruought the trip giving me and average of 39 mpg in open road and city driving. The car was comfortable and has enought power to cruise at ease. I'm very satisfied with the overall performance of this car and would not hesitate in purchasing it again. The only problem is that there can be excessive road noise when driving on certain asphalt (worn/marbled) surfaces.

Navigation and XM radio