2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 17

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Fuel-Miser
By t.c. on 02/05/07 11:46 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have about 5k on my new civic and now have had a little time to get to know the car. It drives great, but lacks just a little bit of power to say it performs great. Fuel mileage is terrific. I drive 120 miles roundtrip to work each day; all freeway driving. The car is averaging about 34-36 mpg using the cruise and staying around the 70 posted limit. NAVI system is great and voice command is fun to play with. Tight build, absolutely no rattles or squeaks. Engine noise during accleration is louder than I expected. My 2003 Accord LX I-4 Automatic was much smoother and quiet.

Great Value
By J.D. on 02/03/07 13:14 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car for the money. Four doors, an auto, and over 30 mpg with Honda reliability. This car is everything a family needs -- up to three children. Also, the total ownership cost is minimal.

Improve engine and road noise, then A+
By jr on 02/01/07 13:52 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Very good handling with ample power. My grade-school boys refer to it as their "Hot Wheels" and love riding in it... quite zippy and fun to drive. The sensitive drive-by-wire accelerator takes getting used to (jerky, hard to launch gradually and smoothly); the automatic transmission feels intrusive or hesitant at times. My only major gripe is the road/tire and engine noise; Honda should add some more sound insulation and it would be the PERFECT choice in this category. Otherwise, it's an excellent value and I'm very pleased with it overall!

City MPG is AWFUL!!
By Rich-LasVegas on 01/21/07 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The fuel mileage stinks! Just drove 257 miles in 3 weeks, all on city streets, mpg was 21.59! With the A/C in the summer I'll be lucky to get 20 mpg!! Keep in mind that my '00 Maxima would get 17.5 in the same situation! That's 257/11.9=21.59 for the Civic! Highway mileage does better. To San Diego was 34.9 mpg, returning was 31.0 mpg. When gassing up be sure and top- off. The tank will take another 2 gallons after the automatic shut-off! Another problem is AM radio reception. With my other cars I was able to pick- up stations in downtown L.A. beginning in Victorville, Ca., not possible with the Civic. Honda Civic, 30 mpg in the city, what a joke! I would be happy with an honest 25 mpg city.

CIvic EX review
By ewane2g on 01/13/07 08:50 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a Civic EX sedan. The interior is more roomy than past Civics and the new body style is very appealing as well. I like the digital gauges that make it easier to see speed. It gets great gas mileage as well, an average of about 31 for me.

New Owner
By Bill Tyner on 01/12/07 22:24 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My daily driver accumulated a quarter million miles (a 95 Jeep Cherokee Sport) and I needed another vehicle for 3-4 years to commute with great mileage. Though I only have now driven the Civic 1800 miles, the things that are most impressive are: 40 mpg @ 65 mph hwy mileage is not only the EPA estimate but right on the money. Handling is better than expected. Comfort was good on my recent 8 hour freeway drive. Standard radio/speaker was adequate. I haven't tried the standard CD player. Quite frankly, I wanted a vehicle to get great mileage and emulate an S40 Volvo w/sunroof. I drove an S40 and loved it. The Civic EX is better in many ways. So far, this is a great low end vehicle.

honda 2007
By dave wilm on 01/11/07 07:11 AM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

really tight drive and smooth ride for a compact car -feels like it has a quality feel with the interior and instrumentation panel, overall I am pleased with vehicle

A Great Car Overall - Get it!!!!
By Anthony W on 12/31/06 18:41 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this car is the best I have ever driven. The interior and exterior are simply awesome... definitely the typical Honda... 2 thumbs up to Honda this time! The seats are a bit uncomfortable, but not too bad to deal with.

2nd Honda Civic in 15 months
By TCIDRP on 12/29/06 14:42 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have just taken delivery of my 2007 EX with Navi/XM radio. My trade was a 2006 LX with 38,400 miles. The EX is the same as the EX except for the Navigation system, XM radio, sunroof, auto lock with put in drive, ability to electronically open the truck, center arm rest in the back seat, etc. This is a great improvement in terms of amenities, the car itself is absolutely outstanding. I have had highway mileage as high as 46 and routinely get 41 and 42 miles per gallon. This has been documented with my dealer. I have used synthetic oil and have run with premium gas. The premium gas gives me 5-6 miles gallon. I am looking forward to breaking in my new EX.

best small car
By Honda buddy on 12/28/06 20:48 PM (PST)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

A little on the expensive side but well worth it. best car in its class, hands down. and great resale value later. something you should remember. that always helps put money on the next car.