168,000 km (104,000 miles)
By vtwins on
2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
Had the car almost 5 years. Most recent mileage of 60/40 hwy city with a heavy foot netted the equivalent of 30 mpg or 7.72 L/100km. Not bad. Yes, there were two recalls during my warranty period and one warranty work. No big deal. I just brought it in during my oil changes at the beginning. Now I do all the fluid changes myself. Worries. One touch up stops about an inch from the top and comes back down. That was the warranty work. Just after the warranty it stopped again so I just hold the up button. Other concern is the transmission. At 25km accelerating slowly, there is a shutter. If I accelerate quickly, there is no shutter. Yes, I've been changing the transmission fluid. We'll see.
Favorite Features
Car rev's easily and smoothly. The hallmark of a Honda engine! More stable on the highway than the previous generation. Able to change the speedometer between to kilometers to miles when crossing the border. 2 power outlets. I bought the automatic without driving the manual on purpose, thinking we already have a manual in our household.
Suggested Improvements
Could be more quiet on the highway. Not really an improvement but after driving the sister-in-law's for a day, I wished I bought the manual.