Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Tires and lugnuts
By TKLK65@aol.com

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. 32 mpg combined, 36 mpg highway. Only problem is tires lose air pressure fast-within a week two tires below 15 psi. I have to inflate all four to 32 psi every week. Also, only 9k on car and all lug nuts are rusting and staining the aluminum rims. Will be going to dealer on tires and lug nuts when I can.

Favorite Features

gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

more room inside - especially back seat leg room.

Best Small Car on the Market
By B.A.S.

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 07 Civic as new in Jan. 08 with only 3900 miles. I have since racked up nearly 10,000 miles on the odometer in mostly highway driving. I have to say I am very pleased with the fuel efficiency of this car. I have averaged between 35 & 37 mpg on nearly every fill-up. This is a great car, much better than anything GM or Ford has to offer in the same segment. I considered a Prius until I stopped to look at who drives these things...OLD PEOPLE. The Civic has great exterior styling, nice interior quality, fit & finish and a reliability rating that is among the best in its class. Buy Certified Used and get an even better warranty. Paid $18,598 for an 07 EX/Navi with 3900 miles.

Favorite Features

Navigation is Awesome!, Gas Mileage, Interior Styling, Gas Mileage, Heater (Hopefully the A/C works as good!), Gas Mileage, Appeals to all generations, Gas Mileage...lets face it, that is why you buy this car. If gas wasn't $3.25+ a gallon I would be driving a gas guzzler like the good ol' days.

Suggested Improvements

The sound system leaves a little to be desired. How about a mute button? Even my old Grand Prix had automatic headlights and a power seat! not crazy about the tan interior color... The transmission is a little sluggish/rough when just starting out on really cold days. Factory tires just O.K.

2007 Honda Civic EX
By Civicdriver

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Really like our 2007 Civic. Pros: Styling, ergonomics, gas mileage, fit and finish, standard safety features. Cons: Somewhat squirrelly in the rain, road noise, over the nose visibility/low front end.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage!

Good car
By Guy

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been the family car for a while (including a back and forth trip NJ-FLA). So far the car is good, but not great. Maybe its the first year blues after the redesign, but already problems have arisen. The a/c went once already. The dealers story was that the condenser apparently got hit by a rock, and had to be replaced. There have also been windshield wiper problems which are difficult to explain but require fixing. Other nit picks include the exaggerated turning radius, the car easily bottoming out on speed bumps and such, crappy standard radio, and amplified road noise. Don't misunderstand me, this is a good car, I just wonder if there are better small sedans out there.

Favorite Features

Dash and gauge cluster looks cool. Engine does its job well and is very quiet. Ride is smooth and sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Even though this is an older Civic and some of these may have already been added, stability and traction control to go with ABS. Also a rear cup holder. Also in a future redesign, better handling and make the cabin quieter please.

A great value
By jayster34

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic because I wanted reliability and good fuel economy. I have owned only small cars; this is the closest to a "big" car I have ever owned. It is far bigger than it looks, but drives like a smaller car. I am averaging 38 mph on the highway and 26 mph in hilly city driving. It also has the best heater/defroster that I have ever seen. My only complaints are a "lumpy" driver's seat and a parking brake that gets hit every time I enter the car. I love the digital dash; it is easy to read and looks "cool". I also wish that it had a trunk release button on the key fob and a sunglass holder. Other than that, it is a fantastic car.

Favorite Features

Digital dash, fuel economy, easy-to-use controls, spacious interior, great cup holders in front, great "thump" when doors close.

Suggested Improvements

Move parking brake, less lumpy seats, add trunk release button on key, add outside thermometer.