Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My 2007 Civic
By Lucidxile

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

While the car is a little weaker in power than what I would like, the gas savings are enough to make it up. I drive mostly city and average about 30 MPG. The car has been a pleasure to own and given me no problems.

Good gas mileage and reliable.

Auto headlights, Tire Pressure Monitor and a system to average the MPG's.

Functionality At Its Best!
By Sam

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I received a job that required me to drive 80 miles a day. My wife and I decided to trade in my 2006 Audi A3 (fast car) to purchase a car with better gas mileage due to the increase in travel distance. Initially, I test drove the Civic EX in A/T and felt it was slightly unresponsive. I later test drove the car in manual and what a difference! You are able to squeeze every ounce of power out of this 1.8 Liter engine. I loved the sound of the engine when I revved to the upper RPM ranges. I have to say, for an economy car with great gas mileage, this is pretty peppy and I'm a horsepower nut. The handling is quite good as well. The car's design lends itself to a low center of gravity.

Interior gauge cluster and slick 5- speed manual.

Slightly more power(maybe 20 horses would do), better stereo (very week, the Si radio for EX models) and projector headlights like in the Mazda 3.

Tires and lugnuts
By TKLK65@aol.com

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car. 32 mpg combined, 36 mpg highway. Only problem is tires lose air pressure fast-within a week two tires below 15 psi. I have to inflate all four to 32 psi every week. Also, only 9k on car and all lug nuts are rusting and staining the aluminum rims. Will be going to dealer on tires and lug nuts when I can.

gas mileage

more room inside - especially back seat leg room.

Best Small Car on the Market
By B.A.S.

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 07 Civic as new in Jan. 08 with only 3900 miles. I have since racked up nearly 10,000 miles on the odometer in mostly highway driving. I have to say I am very pleased with the fuel efficiency of this car. I have averaged between 35 & 37 mpg on nearly every fill-up. This is a great car, much better than anything GM or Ford has to offer in the same segment. I considered a Prius until I stopped to look at who drives these things...OLD PEOPLE. The Civic has great exterior styling, nice interior quality, fit & finish and a reliability rating that is among the best in its class. Buy Certified Used and get an even better warranty. Paid $18,598 for an 07 EX/Navi with 3900 miles.

Navigation is Awesome!, Gas Mileage, Interior Styling, Gas Mileage, Heater (Hopefully the A/C works as good!), Gas Mileage, Appeals to all generations, Gas Mileage...lets face it, that is why you buy this car. If gas wasn't $3.25+ a gallon I would be driving a gas guzzler like the good ol' days.

The sound system leaves a little to be desired. How about a mute button? Even my old Grand Prix had automatic headlights and a power seat! not crazy about the tan interior color... The transmission is a little sluggish/rough when just starting out on really cold days. Factory tires just O.K.

2007 Honda Civic EX
By Civicdriver

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Really like our 2007 Civic. Pros: Styling, ergonomics, gas mileage, fit and finish, standard safety features. Cons: Somewhat squirrelly in the rain, road noise, over the nose visibility/low front end.

Gas mileage!