Used 2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

MPG not as good as they say!!!
By Bill

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I leased my 2007 Honda Civic almost one year ago and I am very disappointed with the MPG on this car. I am averaging about 20 and that to me is ridiculous. I bought this car because of the great fuel efficiency it was supposed to have and it has not met my expectations. I was told that it would average around 28 city and highway combined. I have not seen 24 or higher yet. Of course they told me that the engine needs to be worked in and then I will get better gas mileage but after 6000 miles I have seen anything yet. I also saw someone else on a discussion board say they recommend 10-15k before you see better gas mileage. My lease will be up before then. I am very disappointed in Honda.

Everything but the gas mileage.

Fix the MPG problem!!

One year old and 12,000 miles
By Rob

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall a fine car for city and highway driving. It's all Honda, handling and acceleration remind me of previous Honda's I've owned. Dealer service is OK - they didn't correctly diagnose a power steering noises the first time. A week later, another service writer, and description "morning sickness" got the problem fixed. A seal wasn't correctly seated which starved the pump of power steering fluid. New pump installed, two-day stay at dealer and it's running great. MPG has increased to 37 from 34 before the repairs.

Two-tier gauges, zip-around-town acceleration, tight suspension, GR8 brake. Everything was designed into the car, not an after thought.

Bridgestone Turunza tires are noisy and lousy in snow, A/C compressor cut-out around town - so I close the sunroof shade to reduce interior heat while driving. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a sunroof.

My Honda
By Marie

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Fun car to drive. Best pickup I've had on a "normal" vehicle of any kind. GREAT on gas mileage and reliability. Only problem I have with this car is the driver seat is very uncomfortable. I am of average height and weight but the seat is terrible. Great interior design and roomy for a fairly small car. Would buy again except for the seats. If they don't improve on them, I would buy something else.

Dashboard, pickup, gas mileage, roominess

Very uncomfortable seats

Good Car with a Few Flaws
By Bill

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for thirteen months and drive mostly on the Interstate. The car has been very reliable, has more than adequate power and is generally a fun car to drive. It maneuvers easy into tight parking spaces and the fuel mileage averages about 34 MPG regardless of how I drive. The only complaint I have about Honda and these Civics are the lousy tires that put on the car. The factory Bridgestone tires are poor quality tires and despite regular balancing and rotating, these tires didn't make it 20,000 miles. Also, the XM "Ready" status of the car is useless, you still have to buy an expensive kit if you want to have XM radio in your car.

Body Style, Handling, Digital Speedometer.

Tires. Make the interior dash light dim at night automatically and brighten in the daylight. It's a pain to keep adjusting it back and forth.

Best mileage, fun car!
By nsteevo

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love this little car! It has as much room as my 96 Camry did. I can fit my 10 speed bike in the back with the seat down. It was a good buy pricewise too. I am planning to put 300,000 plus miles on it.

Style: this car turns heads! Also, the gas mileage. I drive from WI to FL and back often and I got 42 MPG with a trunk full and the air on at 75 - 80 MPH. The handling is superb!

I had a Camry and miss the "auto-off" headlight feature that Toyota has.