2007 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 15

2007 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great all-around vehicle
By MyFirstHonda on 04/27/07 08:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had my EX sedan about a month, and currently have about 1000 miles on it. Thus far, I am averaging about 29 mpg, having driven pretty close to 50/50 city and highway. The car performs very well, is not overly noisy (certainly not for an affordable compact car), and has not disappointed in any way. The 5 speed auto trans shifts very smoothly, and keeps nice low rpms, even when cruising at highway speeds (pulls about 2250 rpm at a steady 70 mph). I would rate the build quality as very high, fit and finish is neat clean with very tight tolerances, no squeaks, rattles or odd noises. Having the AUX stereo jack is wonderful (works perfectly with my iRiver player).

Civic with wings!!
By Chuck Lind on 04/20/07 18:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just picked up my new 2007 Honda Civic. What a delight to drive. Reminds me of the days when I flew my Piper Cherokee. Great handling, ride, nimble steering, placement of controls is in the right place. Honda's got it right!! Traded my 2002 Chevy Tracker for the Civic; what a difference. I expect around 40 mpg and I'll probably get it. Thank you, Honda.

Great car!
By WOOcivic07 on 04/13/07 22:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

It took months to finally settle on one car, and I chose the Civic EX w/ Navi. This is a great car that is continually impressing me with each trip out in it. This is my first Honda, and I have a feeling it won't be my last.

Love my new car!
By Steve on 04/13/07 19:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have only had this car one day but I just took it on a 300 mile trip related to my work and had a blast driving it! For a new car, the fuel economy was very good. On my first fill up (in the teeth of a strong headwind), my MPG was 32. By the second fill up, it had improved to 37 mpg. This is driving at 72 mph on the interstate. The car also handles well and this was especially evident when I had a near accident on my way home. I was able to swerve to avoid contact and the car handled superbly.

Watch your front end
By Todd on 04/09/07 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the Honda Civic EX without a test drive since I had already test drove the 2006 Civic and the 2006 Toyota Corolla last year. I liked the way the Civic drove while being somewhat of a cross between an economizer sedan and a luxury car. Highway mileage at 40 seems to be a misnomer. I can't beat 36 mpg with slow acceleration highway although I have less than 2,000 miles on the car. My previous new Civic (1990) beat the ratings, so these new ratings seem to be overly optimistic.

Great Car
By JS on 04/07/07 06:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car a few days ago and am very happy. It's fun to drive, comfortable and looks great. I love that the CD player can play MP3s. I can put several hundred MP3s on one disc and be set for a while. Although the sound quality of the stereo is not the greatest, especially when listening to AM, very muffled sounding. I also like the maintenance minder system that tells you when service is due, and what service is needed. I am definitely happy I got the EX, I love the moon roof, alloy wheels and steering wheel mounted audio controls.

Great car, Great price
By nerfkey on 04/04/07 17:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car 4 days ago and really love it. It has a sporty look and feel to it. Car handles well. Note: I did get Goodyear tires on mine. Depending on the location where you buy, you might get Bridgestone. Don't know if this makes a difference, but someone else was complaining about the Bridgestone tires. I drive 100 miles per day. This car gets more and more comfortable the more you drive it once you find your spot.

Amazing Car with a Crummy CD/Radio
By rocker13 on 03/22/07 05:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1999 Mazda Protégé’ for this 2007 Honda Civic LX and it’s a vast improvement over my old Protégé which was a car that I really liked. The Civic has a much more sophisticated feel, handles extremely well, and has a sporty space ship-like interior. The gas mileage seems to be about the same as the Protégé, but it’s a slightly roomier car, so that not an issue. I’m glad they put the speedometer out so far on the dash, because I find myself going faster than I think I’m going and it’s easy to see my speed and slow down before I get pulled over. I do find that the long dash causes a reflection on the long windshield, it helps to use polarized sun glasses during the day.

Ideal Commuter's Car That's Also Stylish
By Atomic Blue Civic on 03/21/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for a compact car with great mpg, enough room for 4 other passengers, lots of features, reliability, low-maintenance, and good resale value. Civic was the perfect fit. Just bought it a month ago. Many people complimented on nice atomic blue color. I'm somewhat disappointed by the mpg. I realized that the advertised 30/40 mpg is unrealistic, but I still expected it to be better than what I'm getting. I got only 21 mpg on the first tank, then average 28 mpg after that (combined city/highway). It doesn't seem to get any better, but I'll see. MP3/WMA player is nice. Audio control on the steering wheel is great. Must get used to not being able to see the front of the car.

The Real Review
By doug527 on 03/18/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Seats provide no lumbar support, very uncomfortable on drives over 30 minutes. A $200 cushion fixed this for me. Am radio can barely pull in stations, my 95 nissan truck had no problems with this. Road noise seems to be greater than most cars, but you seem to get conditioned to this. The pick up is good and the ride is smooth. Biggest complaint is car handles like crap at highway speeds. Body seems to roll, sway. If you follow another Civic it will look as if they are on ice when they change lanes. This is not due to the tires or their inflated psi. Have read on other forums that others are having the same problem and the heavier sway bars from the Si coup,Si sedan, will help greatly.