Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Not what I was hoping.
By mugwomp

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Thought I'd switch to an economy car - this car won based on price/gas economy alone. It hasn't been worth it - I'd rather spend extra money on gas to have a car with some torque. The resale value looks great - will be moving up to something sportier in the 200+ hp/torque range. Not a bad car but it is the first/last Honda I will ever own. Realized its too vanilla for me. Didn't like seeing commuters driving them everywhere. Kind of a bummer.

Favorite Features

Economy can't be beat. Solid build quality, features for the price, paint quality, materials, resale value.

Suggested Improvements

Can't get used to the spacetoy dash. Hate the steering wheel, gauges with a passion. Don't like the random mish-mosh of buttons for a dash. Exterior looks like a wedge of cheese (probably for aerodynamics), zero torque, whiny engine.

Awesome
By Andrew

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I recently got rid of a 2004 Mazda 3 sport and I like the Civic much better. I am very impressed with the smooth ride for a car less than $20,000. The cabin is quiet radio is create, manual shifter is very smooth. I drive mostly highway and have been getting around 34 mpg.

Favorite Features

Trunk pop on key, 5 speed shifter, fuel economy, smooth ride, comfortable seats, good handling.

Suggested Improvements

For some reason when I used winshield cleaning fluid the wipers don't come on automatically.

Quality not what I expected from a Honda
By Daniel

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 1997 Civic LX 4-d to get this car, and it's worlds better. The only problem is that this car has a lot of noise. Road noise is common in small cars, but there are so many shakes and rattles, that I'm gonna have to get them fixed by the dealer when I take it in to get its first oil change. The sub rattles the back parcel shelf, the pass. seat frame rattles, there is a whistling noise coming through the windshield, and the handles on the roof rattle. Other than that, only small complaints, like how the rear end collects a lot of dust, and how I have to adjust my seat all the way down so that my head doesnt brush the roof (I'm 5.10).

Favorite Features

Digital speedometer, subwoofer, sunroof, CD text display, steering wheel music controls, and height adjustment on the drivers seat (necessary if you have an EX (sunroof) and are over 5.9 or so)

Suggested Improvements

Move the parking brake! My knee always hits it and it's the most aggravating thing on the car!

The Civic EX has got it all
By lilodian

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for a very exciting 17 hours now! Looks awesome, very smooth and quiet ride (engine revs pretty low even on highways), very comfortable interior, very handy steering wheel audio controls (for audiophiles like me), great Premium sound system w/ sub, XM is great to have, haven't tried nav yet, haven't tried sunroof yet. Definitely could use more hp, but this is an economy car so that's ok. Great overall ride and comfort, very good value for your money. Perfect car for high school/college kids or an entry level working man like me! I definitely think this car has got it all. If you're car-shopping with about $18000 to $22000 to spend, you must check this car out.

Favorite Features

Sound system, XM radio, steering wheel audio controls, 2-tier instrument cluster (looks great at night), very quiet engine

Suggested Improvements

That darn emergency brake should be below my left foot instead of my right hand (that's what I'm used to), maybe more hp

Wow
By IXbloodsimpleXI

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

To start off, I usually purchase at least 1 car per year, this is my 13th in my life. With this car, I can't convince myself to get rid of it. I've customized it to my liking and can't seem to want anything else. No problems with it, I barely have to feed it gas and it's very sporty for being a base model.

Favorite Features

Mileage, interior, handling, everything.

Suggested Improvements

Could pump some more ponies into it, but then you'd have an Si, right?