Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best In Its Class!
By Lopez07Si

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a new car under 30k. Mazdaspeed3,08 Lancer and Nissan Sentra were also considered but Honda's resale value, reliability and superb handling made it my favorite. There's really no better car out there for this price.This car is so great on the road. The 6 spd gearbox is buttery- smooth. I havent experienced any problems with 3rd gear as many have. The revhang issue is easy to get used to. It doesnt affect my drive. Low end torque is there but once you hit 2nd and get to the magical 6k rpms where vtec takes over, it'll put a smile on your face. I don't get tired of it. Exhaust note is a charm. You have to get it with the Navi. Avg.gas mileage is 27mpg. Best 31.5mpg Worst 18mpg

Audio card. Sliding armrest, steering wheel design and feel, aluminum pedals, trunk opener on key. Stereo system sounds great. Cup holders are great. They can even hold squared bottles. Folding side mirrors, maintaince minder system, nice looking and comfortable sports seats,17'' alloy rims,sunroof.

This car is great how it is. But if I could have... Auto up/down for passenger side window and window control from key like in the new 08 Accord. Illuminated vanity mirrors, Bluetooth standard. Wish Navi could read DVD's and have video/audio input like the 08 Lancer. That's asking for a lot though

Great fun for a reasonable price
By jayestew

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the Si sedan for five months now and I love it. I wanted a new car that was fun to drive yet practical because I am married and have two kids, 6 and 4. The Si sedan was the sportiest car I could afford and still use to take the kids on errands, games, etc. Thus far I have had no problems with the car. Although it is probably better suited for drives down windy country roads, it works fine driving around Chicago. On a few occasions I've been able to open it up down Lake Shore Drive and you can really feel wth VTEC kick in. Great handling in corners and curves. Safety features such as plenty of air bags great to have with kids in the car.

VTEC, muffler sound is aggressive without being over the top, handling is sharp, clutch is very tight and easy to use, seats are surprisingly comfortable even on long drives, multiple power outlets, mp3 plug and play feature.

Offer a trunk lip for those that don't want a trunk wing, seat cover material that doesn't attract and retain as much hair and dust, more powerful stereo.

Zee's Extreme Si
By DOUG

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have added a few high performance parts to this car. I only have put 1000 miles in over 4 months. I have even put a white dragon on each side of the car. I have people walk up to me and tell me I ahve a very good looking car, or man you have a sharp car. I love the way it handles and I have a sedan too. The sound system is great. The only thing is, I wish they would have put a wider tire on the car. I am in the process of changing my rims and tires as soon as the funds come available. I have the color Gray color. I am very pleased with my car. The shifting is the best I have ever handled and the get up andg Go (hang on) I just love my car.

Dash, motor, handling

Wider tires and make the sporty rims come with the car.

2007 Civic Si Sedan
By sbgobig

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I am very happy with my Si Sedan. I used to drive a 2004 MINI Cooper S and then traded that for a 2005 Accord. I loved the MINI style and performance at entry level price but did not like driving 85 miles for free scheduled service to the closest MINI dealer. I won't buy anther MINI until I can take it to the BMW dealership in town. So needless to say the 4cyl Accord I bought did not make me a happy camper behind the wheel and I began to covet the Si Sedan. The Si is plenty fast for my situation, sure it could use more torque and horsepower but $22k is a bargain. I love the quality and dependability of Honda but they need to offer more HP in the Civic to keep me in them.

The clutch and the 6 speed manual are very smooth and precise. Comfortable sport seats, standard cloth, sunroof, loud enough stereo, makes it a great buy.

250hp, 225 lb ft torque, RWD, no sunroof, leather.

Speedy but unsteady
By joe_prog

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

My SI sedan came with a leather interior. Yes, the car is noisy, it is designed to be that way. I got rid of a lot of the booming by lining the trunk, the doors and part of the floorboard with RAAMmat. The left front fender is designed to be an acoustic amplifier for the intake. This became apparent when the exhaust noise was dampened. My third gear was sticky. I replaced the oil with Royal Purple and it is perfect now. When I leave from a standing stop, sometimes, the steering wheel lurches to the right. Also, sometimes, I hear a popping noise from the left front wheel. All in all, a disappointing car.

The engine. It makes the best noises. Also, the stereo is very clear. The car is quick through traffic. Visibility is good. It drives like a much larger car.

Get rid of the DRLs. A cop pulled me over when an oncoming car drove off the rode. I still can't figure that one out either! Work on the build quality. Popping noises and dodgy steering aren't acceptable on a Chery, much less a Honda.

• SUV