Used 2007 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 123 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car, un-Honda-like problems
By SamN

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This Honda is not unlike its predecessors in being a quality, reliable ride, equipped with only the most necessary bells a whistles to ensure repairs remain inexpensive. Overall, it's a quality car that is easy to drive with a above-Honda-average amount of pick-up. Comfort is an issue for the tall, as has always been the case. My only real complaint is that the interior materials seem cheap, easily showing scratches, wear, oil, and dirt. This is especially worrisome for any leaser. After a year of ownership, some parts of my EX look worse than my former 1991 Civic.

All around reliability and simplicity is high, peripherals are higher quality than in past Hondas.

Interior wear is the top issue in this car so far: Steering wheel wrap and interior plastics are not high enough quality.

Should have bought a Mazda3 5 door.
By Douglas Parent

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

One year into ownership, purchased it new. I've owned 3 previous Hondas and 1 Acura so I thought it would be a no brainer. The ride is pretty rough, the steering and handling is excellent. The seats really are not bad at all, a 2 hour trip to LA and back is not difficult for a compact. My mileage is around 325 per tank. I drive it kinda hard, my last car was a VR6 GTI and I MISS THAT CAR for the overall driving experience. I have 16K on this one. Drivers side visor just broke and I hardly use it. Automatic transmission was not a good choice for this size engine, not smooth and robs power. I'm a stick guy anyway, oh well. Time to sell this and get another hatchback, there are lots of choices.

I can fit a lot in the trunk. Acceleration off the line is not bad, cornering, cute factor, stock radio in the EX is decent. Steering wheel, dash and center console, cup holders are nice, functional.

Put a 2.0 in this thing, fix the interior cheap plastic visors, better tires and maybe do something about the blind spots, there is poor visibility. After driving a VW for 7 years this car feels like a tin can, seriously. And while VW had some serious reliability issues I might still get another one

Honda knows econo-comfort
By plasma_man

2007 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As for blind spots: the B-pillar is thick, but the rear passenger windows allow for more than ample eye sight (these are things you notice on a test drive, not 2 months later!). As for the quality ext./int. yes its cheaper, but for the price the quality is more than sufficient, and the design is quite nice. Go look at Chevy and tell me you don't love Honda interiors. Performance wise, this is sufficient, but definitely not sporty. The engine has 140 hp@6300, and 128 lb-ft@4300. So really, I've no complaints about this car, and have been quite happy with its MPG. I recommend it to any one needing an economical car that is almost guaranteed to last 300,000+ miles if you care for it.

Comfortable ride. Telescopic steering wheel. Folding rear seats. Excellent MPG. Smooth transmission. Relatively quiet interior. Excellent steering, although overly light. Interior design blows all equal priced competitors away. Honda made, so its good for 300,000+ miles under proper maintenance.

Offer leather interior. Include stereo controls on steering wheel.

Great car!
By George

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this EX Si 2007 a few days ago. And is not too soon to say that the car is really great! Feels very strong, stable on highway. A little bit noisy on road. Suspension is a little hard but, it's a civic, that's OK. The space inside is impressive and the design in and out also. I also have a 2003 Accord (6 cyl) and I don't think I will keep it after try the civic. I just love it!

Economy. Stereo. Design.

Softer suspension

Love This Car
By lynn

2007 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Civic for two months now and LOVE it! I drive about 360 per week and average 36 mpg. This is a huge improvement from my 1999 Tahoe, lol. There is a blind spot in the rear of the car, and the XM ready is a joke. My husband researched how to install it himself and the pictures looked like Civic brain surgery. I must say the fuel mileage more than makes up for any complaints. Fuel in my area has risen to 3.59 a gallon. I love to look and see what the giant SUV next to me is paying for a tank of gas. I always laugh and think 'glad that isn't me anymore!' Also, I am a mother of two and my daughter fit very comfortably in the back seat. All and all this is a wonderful car.

Large trunk, digital speedometer, AUX jack, and the manual transmission that makes the car so much fun to drive.

Blind spot in the rear, and Honda please, make the XM ready feature really XM ready. I really am miffed about how hard it is to install it on your own. My husband is a really handy guy and he wants nothing to do with the installation and Honda wants 350 to do it. It's a joke!