Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most Helpful|
Nearly the Perfect Car - Beware of the Exterior Paint
By tommyboy23

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fiji Blue Pearl Civic SI sedan brand new with 8 miles on it. After 5 years and 50,000 miles, I'm still happy with my purchase, but I have had two major issues to deal with (see below). Both issues have been handled to my satisfaction by Honda, but I didn't expect either problem from a Honda product. Having said that, this is probably the most reliable sporty car on the market today. I'm constantly asked "are you sure this car only has 4 cylinders?". It's probably the best sounding 4 cylinder on the market today. Honda also copied a lot of interior features from BMW, which makes it feel more upscale. A small mix of interior components, however, feel cheap and out of place.

Favorite Features

Awesome transmission and engine - both seem to get better with age. After 5 years, they feel and sound as good as they did the day I drove the car off the lot. Comfortable seats (I get lots of comments), good sound system, great cup holders (lame that I'm referencing, I know, but they are very functional and well designed), easy to drive fast, dependable, great real world gas mileage - 23 city 32 highway, excellent interior design that is bold and has great ergonomics, retains its value well - especially if you don't mod it.

Suggested Improvements

1) I've had a major exterior paint problem with my car. The paint has separated from the primer in several areas causing cracking and pealing. To their credit Honda has repainted my entire car at their expense (post warranty) and I have not had an issue since. The problem may only be with my car but someone with Honda unofficially told me that Fiji Blue Pearl paint is a problem on all models. 2) The only mechanical issue I've had to deal with is intermittent problems shifting into 3rd gear. Honda has put out a TSB for this (not a recall), and if you reference the TSB number with your Honda dealer (and you're still under your power train warranty), Honda WILL fix this issue for free.

Quite possibly the best car I've ever owned.
By the_fuse75

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in July of 2014. It has been almost a year and I couldn't be happier at this point. It has survived a fairly cold Minnesota winter, and handled well in the snow. Have observed 23-24 mi/gal locally, but don't really have that long of a commute. On the highway however, we've observed 38-40 mi/gal. Very happy with that performance. Love the styling both inside and out, if you're looking for a reliable, affordable ride, I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Love the styling inside and out. Very comfortable seats, plenty of trunk room, it's a little tight in the back seat for our 1 and 4 year old's car seats but hey, we're a family on a budget, we have to give up something somewhere.

Never again, Honda. Never again.
By bdshell

2007 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I will never own another Honda. I own a 2007 with 77k miles. 1 owner, all routine maintenance done. The engine failed. Coolant leaked into the engine, the head is completely warped. This relates to a known issue but the dealership claimed the block wasn't fully cracked so they won't cover a cent of the replacement. Needing a new engine at 77k miles? That is unacceptable. I am completely appalled with the treatment I have received and will never own another Honda.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible blind spots. Engine issue should be a full recall...not some terrible bulletin with many loopholes for Honda to get around.

i hate my 07 honda
By Heather Strausbaugh

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this car was bought by my father brand new in 06. since driven off lot we have had nothing but problems. visors (extended warranty) engine, e break handle has fallen apart. faulty air bag sensors $500 to replace. new starter at 70k miles $300 new drivers door lock chamber at 80k miles $300 weather stripping needs to be replaced its completely fallen down always pushing it back up. no interior lights work on radio selection/heating and cooling lights. auto window controls for passenger window no longer work ether side. paints chipping. faulty wire connections caused power steering to go out while driving!! 25k new asking 6k now. 107k miles and selling now. will never own another honda. EVER!

Favorite Features

nothing!!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!!! recall this car now!!! its a disaster waiting to happen. and when it does it will be on hondas shoulders.

First car
By larseeri

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a sweet ride. This is my first car and I love it. Imagine running in 3rd at 4500rpm and then you decided you want to pass someone slam the peddle down and let it rev up to 7500rpm getting thrown back into the seat and hearing a high revving 4cyl sounding like a Ferrari V8. Slam into 4th and let the V-tech scheme. What an experience. Going into coroners without any worry about how slow you need to go.

Favorite Features

The V-tech sounds great at any speed. Handles like a dream, take it into a corner at any speed and have fun. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

The third gear is a little weird at times. I have had a little trouble backing up with the mirrors.