Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

i hate my 07 honda
By Heather Strausbaugh

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

this car was bought by my father brand new in 06. since driven off lot we have had nothing but problems. visors (extended warranty) engine, e break handle has fallen apart. faulty air bag sensors $500 to replace. new starter at 70k miles $300 new drivers door lock chamber at 80k miles $300 weather stripping needs to be replaced its completely fallen down always pushing it back up. no interior lights work on radio selection/heating and cooling lights. auto window controls for passenger window no longer work ether side. paints chipping. faulty wire connections caused power steering to go out while driving!! 25k new asking 6k now. 107k miles and selling now. will never own another honda. EVER!

Favorite Features

nothing!!!

Suggested Improvements

everything!!! recall this car now!!! its a disaster waiting to happen. and when it does it will be on hondas shoulders.

Quite possibly the best car I've ever owned.
By the_fuse75

2007 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan w/Navigation System (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in July of 2014. It has been almost a year and I couldn't be happier at this point. It has survived a fairly cold Minnesota winter, and handled well in the snow. Have observed 23-24 mi/gal locally, but don't really have that long of a commute. On the highway however, we've observed 38-40 mi/gal. Very happy with that performance. Love the styling both inside and out, if you're looking for a reliable, affordable ride, I highly recommend this car.

Favorite Features

Love the styling inside and out. Very comfortable seats, plenty of trunk room, it's a little tight in the back seat for our 1 and 4 year old's car seats but hey, we're a family on a budget, we have to give up something somewhere.

Theses are a gamble to own.
By bpminme

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The '06-'11 Civics have many little issues. Bad quality paint & clear coat. Buzzes and rattles in the interior. Auto transmission is lazy to down shift, too eager to up shift. Window switches are tricky. Odd placement of hand brake. Lack of head room They have some pretty bad major issues too. The cost of labor to replace the starter can exceed the cost of the starter itself. Rear trailing arms can fail. Engine mounts prone to failure. '06-'08 and some '09 Engine blocks can crack, Honda may not replace for free, even though they say they will (see Honda's Technical Service Bulletin 10-048). Brakes are also sub-par compared to what they could be for the car's MSRP.

Favorite Features

The placement of the speedometer grew on me quickly. I realized what they had done was put a lit digital speedometer just inside the driver's vision. You can see the vehicle's speed without taking your eyes off the road. Seats are comfy, cabin is quiet. Great for long trips in my opinion. Engine power is adequate, MPG is excellent in my case. I often got 35+ mpg in the summer driving 65-75 mph with the AC on. Sharp looking car.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should have: Re-designed the trailing arms, and engine mounts. Used better paint and clear coat. Been more careful casting engine blocks. This was likely a quality control failure. They also should replace any and all R18A engines that have cracked within the 10 year limit (see Honda's Technical Service Bulletin 10-048).

Great Car (dependable)
By mmeyering

2007 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car in an auction never had a honda because of the price to but one, but really glad I bought it. It handles like a sports car. I hear a lot of complaints about power really?? it's a 1.8L but it really go good! The gas milage I can't complain like so of the others I get 38 most all the time. I have had no trouble at all for 2 years now bought it with 95k now have 140K. I have Good Year tires and this thing is like a snowmobile in the snow, never been stuck!

Favorite Features

Love the speedometer position no matter were your hand are on the wheel you can read it!! Great gas milage. Great handling in corners no body roll at all. There is a lot of room inside for a small car, I am 6ft and I think it sits good and is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

none.

WISH I DIDN'T TOTAL IT
By kaebuena96_

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This car was passed down to me from my dad and my brother. When I got it it already had 150K miles and when I got it was the first time the check engine light has ever came on and the only issue was my coolant level which was an easy fix. Loved this car so much and was so devastated when I totaled it running into a pole. It was totalled because of frame damage. Thankfully I was okay but my car was done for. Great commuter car and would have to fill up every two weeks. GAS IS AMAZING. GREAT FIRST CAR I LOVE IT.