Used 2007 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 522 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Habanero
By Jonah P.

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Saved up after working through high school to purchase a car. After countless test drives I came upon a one owner Habanero Red Pearl Si sedan with ~68k miles for ~10k. I couldn't be happier with the car. Initially the car had the infamous 3rd gear grind. Upon reading about the issue, I decided to change my transmission fluid to Royal Purple 75w-90 synchromesh transmission fluid (from oem Honda manual trans fluid) and the haven't ground third or any other gear since. I have kept up on maintenance (oil changes every 3k-4K miles) and have had no other problems save for minor things such as a brake light going out, replacing a battery, and a passenger window that occasionally doesn't want to roll down. Car is dead reliable after putting over 20k miles on it in one year and a trip from Indiana to Florida. Good acceleration, shifts like butter, fantastic handling, gray stock cat-back exhaust, cool interior features such as digital speedometer and great sound system. Keep up with maintenance and this car will go forever. I love it and I bet you will too!

Clear Coat Peeling All Over Car, Cheap Interior
By hbegland@yahoo.com

2007 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Si new in Figi Blue, and about 1 year ago the clear coat began peeling in sheets. Honda will only pay 25% of an estimated $6K paint job to make this situation right. The car only has 55K miles on it, and I always took very good care of it. This is unacceptable that a car known for it's longevity looks like a clunker at just over 9 years old. Honda knew there was a paint defect as they extended the paint warranty, but because I contacted them outside of this window they will do nothing to fix it. Also, the visors have both cracked, the luggage hooks are broken, and the seals are starting to peel up. I will never buy another Honda again, and I will certainly tell anyone I talk to that they shouldn't either.

Bilge rat
By Sid

2007 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought car new and have had no mechanical issues. Car has been garaged since new and still looks new. Due to age I would like one more new car before my main transportation is wings. Sorry I put new Michelins on 3000 miles ago if I end up selling' Nice car, dumb owner if I sell.

Best Car Ever!
By John Degrey

2007 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

2007 civic LX (1.8 automatic)
By John

2007 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just like the other 4 Hondas we have had in the family, 150,000 miles and just got her broke in. Just routine maintenance over the years. Now it's time for another one of the kids to inherit as we jump to the 2016 model. Coundn't ask for a better, more reliable car. 42 MPG on the highway, 35 around town. Socal driving at 35 MPG...come on...great car...not tradin' this one in!