Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

The Habanero
By Jonah P.

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Saved up after working through high school to purchase a car. After countless test drives I came upon a one owner Habanero Red Pearl Si sedan with ~68k miles for ~10k. I couldn't be happier with the car. Initially the car had the infamous 3rd gear grind. Upon reading about the issue, I decided to change my transmission fluid to Royal Purple 75w-90 synchromesh transmission fluid (from oem Honda manual trans fluid) and the haven't ground third or any other gear since. I have kept up on maintenance (oil changes every 3k-4K miles) and have had no other problems save for minor things such as a brake light going out, replacing a battery, and a passenger window that occasionally doesn't want to roll down. Car is dead reliable after putting over 20k miles on it in one year and a trip from Indiana to Florida. Good acceleration, shifts like butter, fantastic handling, gray stock cat-back exhaust, cool interior features such as digital speedometer and great sound system. Keep up with maintenance and this car will go forever. I love it and I bet you will too!

Clear Coat Peeling All Over Car, Cheap Interior
By hbegland@yahoo.com

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Si new in Figi Blue, and about 1 year ago the clear coat began peeling in sheets. Honda will only pay 25% of an estimated $6K paint job to make this situation right. The car only has 55K miles on it, and I always took very good care of it. This is unacceptable that a car known for it's longevity looks like a clunker at just over 9 years old. Honda knew there was a paint defect as they extended the paint warranty, but because I contacted them outside of this window they will do nothing to fix it. Also, the visors have both cracked, the luggage hooks are broken, and the seals are starting to peel up. I will never buy another Honda again, and I will certainly tell anyone I talk to that they shouldn't either.

Best Car Ever!
By John Degrey

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Do not buy a Civic / Major quality problems
By Doug Hilbert

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new, maintained 100% on time at a Honda dealership. MAJOR transmission problems, major paint problems, total engine failure without warning at 131,000 miles. DO NOT buy this car, at any price.

Best car for gas saving
By Mark

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Navi (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Have had my car for a short time love the gas saving have been getting 44.5 miles per gallon, drives great enjoy driving my Honda Civic hybrid. Not as smooth of ride as some cars but every thing else about the car is great I don't think you can beat a Honda holds its value and will run for ever.