Used 2007 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great commute car
By offroad87

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought the car new in 2007 for commuting to replace a Camaro. Si is quick enough to commute and move easily in all kinds of traffic. It gives me average 23 mpg even when I drive it hard. Car is reliable, fun, and not so thirsty. Back seat space isn't that great for adults, but don't mind since I use it to commute. I will be repainting the whole car since the paint isn't that great. After 80k car has been reliable and looks like it will go for another 10 years.

Reliability, responsive engine, interior design and space, small enough to fit most places.

Clear coat on roof, sun visor's quality, and 3rd gear issue if it hasn't been fixed yet.

Nearly the Perfect Car - Beware of the Exterior Paint
By tommyboy23

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fiji Blue Pearl Civic SI sedan brand new with 8 miles on it. After 5 years and 50,000 miles, I'm still happy with my purchase, but I have had two major issues to deal with (see below). Both issues have been handled to my satisfaction by Honda, but I didn't expect either problem from a Honda product. Having said that, this is probably the most reliable sporty car on the market today. I'm constantly asked "are you sure this car only has 4 cylinders?". It's probably the best sounding 4 cylinder on the market today. Honda also copied a lot of interior features from BMW, which makes it feel more upscale. A small mix of interior components, however, feel cheap and out of place.

Awesome transmission and engine - both seem to get better with age. After 5 years, they feel and sound as good as they did the day I drove the car off the lot. Comfortable seats (I get lots of comments), good sound system, great cup holders (lame that I'm referencing, I know, but they are very functional and well designed), easy to drive fast, dependable, great real world gas mileage - 23 city 32 highway, excellent interior design that is bold and has great ergonomics, retains its value well - especially if you don't mod it.

1) I've had a major exterior paint problem with my car. The paint has separated from the primer in several areas causing cracking and pealing. To their credit Honda has repainted my entire car at their expense (post warranty) and I have not had an issue since. The problem may only be with my car but someone with Honda unofficially told me that Fiji Blue Pearl paint is a problem on all models. 2) The only mechanical issue I've had to deal with is intermittent problems shifting into 3rd gear. Honda has put out a TSB for this (not a recall), and if you reference the TSB number with your Honda dealer (and you're still under your power train warranty), Honda WILL fix this issue for free.

Faithful Fiji Chariot
By 96xlsnoble

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Coming from a 2008 S2000, The SI sedan has its cousin's genes (vtec/i-vtec feel and sound, 8000rpm redline, electro speedometer).Of course the AP2 has better seats.My Si has a few mods that enhances it's looks and performance and I love this car.It handles predictably and never complains for being FWD.It inspires confidence to push even harder.Cant argue that at this price point.Its no EVO, STI or 370Z Nismo, but its still fun to drive.

Shifter, electro speedo, Fiji Blue color, i-vtec decals, value, fun to drive.

Turbo motor in next Type R for the AMerican market for pete's sake!!!!!!

07 Civic Si
By Detar24

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Very fun car to drive. Excellent gas mileage (mid-30s on the highway). Given it's competitors, it could use a bit more power; however, the engine pulls strong through the entire power band (redline of 8k). It also has one of the nicest shifting transmissions I've ever driven. Granted, the styling, both interior and exterior, is very polarizing; you either love it or hate it. The dashboard does give the impression you are driving a space shuttle, and visibility suffers.

Transmission, handling, engine, fuel economy, stereo

Interior and exterior styling, build quality (the car has been back in the shop twice for a leaky sunroof - not acceptable!).

Like Wine
By TankerToad53

2007 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Summer Tires (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 07 Si Coupe used with 67K miles. on the odometer. This car is an absolute blast to drive. It has been over 20 yrs since I would go out for a drive through the twisties, just for the heck of it. Now, I can't wait for Sunday's to go out on a spirited drive. The engine is now approaching 70K, still rev's solidly to 8K RPM. Gearbox is a dream (except 1st to 2nd, Probably needs this synchro replaced). Suspension is still solid and the car still gets the looks, although I could do without that, specially from the traffic enforcers!

iVTEC, engine sound, snick snick gearbox, handling, engine sound, iVTEC, engine sound, engine sound especially after iVTEC kicks in.

iVTEC should kick in sooner, say at 5,000 RPM. I know Hondata has reflash for the car that does significant improvements in the mid range, why did Honda not offer something half way as part of the standard package.